Hacking [IPatched] Want to Update OFW and abandon hacking - will I get banned?

D

Deleted User

I believe you would want 32kb 4096 will work though but it is hard to explain. Has to do with size of card actually. But general rule of thumb 32kb will work.

Also sir i respectfully would urge you to reconsider your approach. Depending on what you want. If you are ok with buying a second switch use this incredibly rare find (ipatched hackable) and dedicate it to homebrew. Personally i would recommend against emummc. The reason for my advice is sheerly the amount of fun i have had with switch homebrew. I have many hours of footage recorded on my yt grabman channel if you are curious. It really is truly worth it. Most awesome homebrew machine i ever did see.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe you would want 32kb 4096 will work though but it is hard to explain. Has to do with size of card actually. But general rule of thumb 32kb will work.

Also sir i respectfully would urge you to reconsider your approach. Depending on what you want. If you are ok with buying a second switch use this incredibly rare find (ipatched hackable) and dedicate it to homebrew. Personally i would recommend against emummc. The reason for my advice is sheerly the amount of fun i have had with switch homebrew. I have many hours of footage recorded on my yt grabman channel if you are curious. It really is truly worth it. Most awesome homebrew machine i ever did see.
ipatched systems on 4.1.0 aren’t rare at all

D

Deleted User

ipatched systems on 4.1.0 aren’t rare at all

sadly im actually doing quite a canvas.

so out here in ny well im pretty known...

what im finding is people have mainly updated their purchased switches unsold units i have no clue...funny right?

also literally have you ever thought about it i mean 20 million people had a switch right? i mean out of those how many ipatched units really moved? makes logical sense to me why what i see is what i see

Last edited by ,

Francesca

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Okay, I will retry using 32 kb. I will also try creating the smaller partition instead of the bigger one. Is it actually 'normal' to only be able to access one partition of an SD Card on your PC? Because I can give a name (like K:) to only one partition, and it explicitly tells me I can't rename more than a single microSD partition. I suspect that not being able to give each partition a name is why I can only access one of them from my PC at a time. But I could be wrong!

@seanp2500 What benefits of Homebrew have you been enjoying the most?

tides

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought an ipatched 4.1.0 Switch and did my best to hack the thing, but frankly I just feel like giving up and using it as an unhacked console. Today I made an attempt to create an emuMMC, and creating two partitions for this was a disaster - not only did this fail, but I fucked up my SD card in the process. Now my computer can't actually open it or format it ('unable to format') and I can't go back and take the steps I'd taken. noahc3 had a neat tutorial for setting up CFW, but the part for creating an emuNAND that was promised weeks ago hasn't been posted, and look what happens when I try to do everything on my own - I knew it would all go to hell.

I want to give up and use this Switch as an unhacked, 'clean' console. Am I going to get banned if I use it as such? I've never set up a 'real' internet connection on this thing because I was genuinely hoping setting up homebrew with backups would work out, but it looks like this is getting nowhere, and I just want to play the recently released Fire Emblem game. It's either getting emuMMC setup done - which there's no way in hell I'm accomplishing right now - or using the console 'normally'.

So, if I go back, what's the likelihood of getting banned if the only time I set up an internet connection was with PegaScape DNS (entering wrong password, saving, then entering the right one)? Do I have to clean up my Switch, and if so, how? ReSwitched - Launch Pegaswitch! is still displayed in my News menu even though I don't have my MicroSD card inside - as far as I understand it's a brick even though all I did was follow the steps in the scenekids guide.

Or should I reconsider and keep trying to set up an emuMMC? That's kinda hard to pull off now that my SD Card is dead (or seems to be, idk).

yes. as long as you don't go back to a clean nand.

even then nintendo compares data from the last time you went online (and sent them data) with your current so even then, you might get banned

the best thing to do is to sell your unpatched switch and just buy a new one

edit: o wait yours is an ipatched..just install emunand and sell it as a hacked switch for moar $$ then

Francesca

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
@Lacius I seem to have taken another step back. Once again, similar situation with SD Card disappearing and not being accessible. I run SD Card Formatter to fix it, but this time it doesn't display a label/letter like it did before; instead, the card is identified as '//?Volume(843... etc.'

I ran h2testw while I was sleeping and that showed my card is fine / has no issues. So that's good news at least. However, I still can't seem to get the partitioning / formatting down for some reason.

edit: managed to make the card visible by... inserting it into my Switch of all things (the Switch didn't recognise it of course). Or maybe it was something else. Now it appears in my PC as it should, but I can't get from exFat to Fat32 because guiformat gives me this message... "Failed to open device. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process". Pretty sure I didn't touch the card since I put it back into my PC in a card reader. Gonna restart my PC and keep trying then. Gosh.

edit2: and i'm back to where it all began. Managed to format the card, it doesn't have a name again, can't access it on my computer again... Walking in circles here, and can't seem to progress towards where I have a stable SD Card for creating an emuNAND in Hekate...

Last edited by Francesca,

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sadly im actually doing quite a canvas.

so out here in ny well im pretty known...

what im finding is people have mainly updated their purchased switches unsold units i have no clue...funny right?

also literally have you ever thought about it i mean 20 million people had a switch right? i mean out of those how many ipatched units really moved? makes logical sense to me why what i see is what i see
What? Anyway, the're not rare at all because new systems you can find at stores are still coming with 4.1.0 (although this will change once Mariko is out in the wild)

Francesca

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Okay, I've finally made progress after going at it for the whole day with no results. MiniTool Partition Wizard that @hiroakihsu recommended basically did everything for me - apply a letter, apply another letter, format to fat32 and bring the SD Card back to where I can open it on my computer. Wow!

I want to rejoice, but I need to create a partition somehow now. Here's the kicker - the SD Card displays TWO partitions already, one is Unallocated, marked with an *, 16 MB - I have no idea how it appeared but it doesn't seem to want to go away (maybe I'm doing it wrong?) and 119.1 GB which is basically my whole MicroSD. I'm trying to create a partition in MTPW now, and the following is giving me trouble: there is an option for Create Partition for the tiny invisible 16 MB partition that won't go away, but no such option (i.e. 'Create Partition' doesn't appear when I select the partition in the program) for the actual card.

Also, when I do see what happens if I try to initiate the creation of the partition after selecting the tiny partition, I get a message saying it can't be used in Windows because only the first partition on a 'renewable disc' (is that what this is though?) can be recognised. Maybe I should ignore this and get through with it? Like, Windows won't recognise the 29 GB partition but Hekate will? How did this unfold in your experience, @Everybody who set up emuMMC successfully?

There is some displayed option titled 'Split Partition' though. Does it work the same way, or is it totally NOT what I want?

D

Deleted User

What? Anyway, the're not rare at all because new systems you can find at stores are still coming with 4.1.0 (although this will change once Mariko is out in the wild)

lol i thought my english was pretty clear but meh. prob trolling me but nway. So yeah you are talking about unsold units. I am talking about ones people actually have. It would be a neat poll of us on I have discovered is very few ipatched owners actually held out. As for what firmware is on the switches inside boxers at the stores? Gosh I don't know man. but in terms of people I meet? Almost no one waited. Pretty much all ipatched owners I met updated for one game or another. To me it's not like rare as in valuable. That is different kind of rare. When I tell him he is rare he is one of few people who held out so he should take advantage. Anyways lay off the coffee bud you sound hostile!

Francesca

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Was brave and chose Split Partition, which did exactly what I wanted to do, creating a new partition of the desired size. Now onward to emuMMC creation!

Hmnm, I just realised that even though I downloaded new files from sdsetup, my Hekate is still at v5.0.0 - how do I get onto the new one exactly if it's not extracted from the same files (payloads, atmosphere, pegascape etc.)? Or is this not a problem that I'm still on older Hekate version?

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol i thought my english was pretty clear but meh. prob trolling me but nway. So yeah you are talking about unsold units. I am talking about ones people actually have. It would be a neat poll of us on I have discovered is very few ipatched owners actually held out. As for what firmware is on the switches inside boxers at the stores? Gosh I don't know man. but in terms of people I meet? Almost no one waited. Pretty much all ipatched owners I met updated for one game or another. To me it's not like rare as in valuable. That is different kind of rare. When I tell him he is rare he is one of few people who held out so he should take advantage. Anyways lay off the coffee bud you sound hostile!
Uh, just because most people update them doesn't mean they're rare. An used ipatched console on 4.1.0 isn't worth any more than any other used console

D

Deleted User

Uh, just because most people update them doesn't mean they're rare. An used ipatched console on 4.1.0 isn't worth any more than any other used console

im sorry i seem to upset you but as i said previously i agree im not talking "worth more" i even said that zachy??? I mean rare as in since most of the users update their consoles, from my experience meeting people etc, you rarely meet people who wisely waited. As for actual number of switches remember most people who wanted a switch have bought one already. So like most people i meet have the original switches (but no clue bout hax) of the rest few have modded them. Of the rest of the people i meet recently few have unmodded ipatched and i only met 1 person with exploitable ipatched. other than a few posts like these here i see very few hacked ipatched users posting online. Let me put it to you this way. So lets say sake of arguement. How many people you figure have modded switches? More than 100,000? I don't know bout that but let's say sure 100,000. How many people you figure actually have hacked ipatched units? I mean I'm not great at math but I would wager it's a low figure boss...

Last edited by ,

hiroakihsu

SUPREME LURKER OF THE WORLD
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hmnm, I just realised that even though I downloaded new files from sdsetup, my Hekate is still at v5.0.0 - how do I get onto the new one exactly if it's not extracted from the same files (payloads, atmosphere, pegascape etc.)? Or is this not a problem that I'm still on older Hekate version?

Kosmos always has the latest hekate build.

UselessDood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Why would you recommend against emunand?

D

Deleted User

In this case its making the user have difficulties (so is sd card setup sadly) since homebrew is their interest and buying another switch ok i say keep it simple. As for emunand ipatched units are the only time id actually use that ability. Otherwise its just not appealing for me. Personally i have no desire to use switch online so no real point for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ab8GtuPdrUQ +1