Hacking iPas: the new PassMe for DSi!

Egonny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
http://blog.ishopvideogame.com/2008/12/the...-code-nameipas/

The two co-teams DSTT-ADV and U2DS have worked together to make a new guide card, called ipas.
It may be getting to work with your old DSL flashcarts.

QUOTE said:
Yesterday we reported the new progress of DSi hacking: Ak2i is running far ahead among the flashcarders. Within 24 hours another co-teams DSTT-ADV and U2DS released his video.
The homebrew works on the principle which is called ipas, a guide card similar to passme.

From the video we get some info about this new stuff. First they run a homebrew which is practically useless on DSi, then replace the card by ipas in order to run homebrew and game with old DS Lite flashcard.
That is to say, we may use DS Lite flashcard on DSi by just adding ipas, comparing to AK2i, an independent DSi flashcard.

We have made the above statement for your consideration. No one can boldly assert what will happen on DS flashcards and hackings.
There will be more card team involving in the battle. Here we can apply some thing we have said before, just wait and see.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Great news for us who want to use our old flashcards
biggrin.gif

still, i can't see myself getting a DSi soon...

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Awdofgum said:
My question is, how do you run a flashcart from a passme card, if there is only one slot?
Have you watched the video?!
tongue.gif

When you boot passcard, it asks you to insert DSTT in, and when you do, it boots it up!

Embeded video for all of you lazy sods out there
laugh.gif

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Destructobot said:
I particularly like the part where the crappy hand drawn label that they taped to the PassMe gets crumpled up when they insert it.
I just wanted to comment that, this video seems so unprofessional!
They can't even insert that passcart in without force..
And the part that I'm most skeptical about is that DSTT (ok cart, but really one of the inferior carts on the scene) and U2DS (bloody clone with probably worst design out there) teamed up to make this, maybe it's working, but I kinda doubt the quality of the end product!!

But who knows, I might be wrong.........I wish!

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Who cares about the quality of this product? The DSi has been hacked, for the time being at least. Acekard already has a DSi compatible flashcart for sale, and many others will follow. All that remains to be seen is how Nintendo will respond, and if this hack will survive a DSi firmware update.

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This hacking scene on the DSi is moving so quickly I can hardly keep up! I just hope Nintendo doesn't patch all these methods before the DSi is released in America. What we need is a CFW or at least a way to block Nintendo updates so these carts will always work. I don't want to spend a ton of money on these just for them not to work a few weeks later
tongue.gif

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
Awdofgum said:
My question is, how do you run a flashcart from a passme card, if there is only one slot?
Have you watched the video?!
tongue.gif

When you boot passcard, it asks you to insert DSTT in, and when you do, it boots it up!

Embeded video for all of you lazy sods out there
laugh.gif

haha, I don't like watching cams of any sort.

I got a friend from Japan to send me a DSi, so I might need to look into this PassMe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM