Gh0sti

iOS Guru
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ios-5-logo-with-app-store-icon-and-jailbreak-stamp.jpg

So today the iPad 3 was released and within hours of it being released @Musclenerd head of the iPhone dev team showed pictures of his own iPad 3 jailbroken on iOS 5.1 in California

later @i0n1c showed his own iPad 3,3 in Germany his very own untether jailbreak on his own iPad 3 along with also pictures of his iPad 2 jailbroken on iOS 5.1, but just to make things even more fun @phoenixdev and @chpwn famous for there own tweaks for the cydia store decided to join the party and show off pictures of thier own jailbroken iPad 3, and to top things off @phoneixdev found his own exploit to re-jailbreak the iPad 3, so to count there are 4 very different exploits found by 4 different hackers in one day to jailbreak the iPad 3. @Phonexidev says on twitter that his exploit cannot be publicly distributed however possibly one of these 3 exploits might actually fruition into a public jailbreak for all of those who own a brand new iPad 3, no ETA's on when it will be released the devs need to make sure that it can be publicly distrubted that means no Apple code or breaking any DMCA and also not break devices or crash things, another thing to add one of these exploits could lead to the other iOS devices on iOS 5.1 to be jailbroken, for those who have devices vulnerable to Limera1n may do a tether jailbreak if they so desire, remember you cannot for the iPhone 4S, iPad 2, and now iPad 3 downgrade to previous versions of iOS 5, only the ones vulnerable to limera1n (and if lucky have an MB 3GS that has a pwn4life status (untether4life)) if they have saved their shsh/aptickets since Apples inclusion of the nounce in iOS 5.

The iPad 3 comes with a couple new features an A5X Dual-Core ARM processor @ 1.0GHz w/ Quad-Core Graphics, 1GB of RAM, a 5MP iSight Camera, Bigger Battery, Support for 4G LTE on Verizon/AT&T, Siri Dictation, Retina Display, and iOS 5.1 features

happy jailbreaking
video showing @i0n1c with untether jailbreak

Source:http://www.idownload...ion-jailbreaks/ @Musclenerd, @i0n1c, @phoneixdev, and @chpwn

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It could be months or years till its out. I remember waiting from 3.1.3 to a 4.0 jailbreak.. for god knows how long, even though they said they had something working,

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im impressed that the ipad 3 w/ untether jb boots with 23 secs from off to on thats really cool my iphone 4 takes 1 minute to boot from off to on

and for eta i want to say another month or 2 of debugging and a jailbreak should be out

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It could be months or years till its out. I remember waiting from 3.1.3 to a 4.0 jailbreak.. for god knows how long, even though they said they had something working,

Guessing weeks tops. The jailbreaks are based on existing ones. I imagine it will just be a tweaking process... Months is possible. Years? Please.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
its these kinds of devices that are jailbroken 4 times and systems like a ps3 is not broken for an year
Kinda makes me sad a little though.

Ya and so does your avatar (no offense but it seems "dangerous" for the kids)

But its probably because the ps3 is stronger and sony dont want it to happen while idevices are weaker and maybe apple do want...

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
its these kinds of devices that are jailbroken 4 times and systems like a ps3 is not broken for an year
Kinda makes me sad a little though.

Ya and so does your avatar (no offense but it seems "dangerous" for the kids)

But its probably because the ps3 is stronger and sony dont want it to happen while idevices are weaker and maybe apple do want...
Ummm...dude why the avatar hate D:?

Apple doesn't want it jailbroken but they usually don't make it as secure as Sony does.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1