Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
3DS, iFish's opinion is invalid, has games, iFish's opinion is still invalid, isn't going to be replaced in a year, etc.

But yeah, go for the 3DS, as it....

1) Is much more worth it since you already have an iPod Touch
2) Isn't going to be replaced each year to come
3) Isn't as expensive
4) Is dedicated for gaming, but has/is getting a ton of features, such as Netflix, an internet browser, etc.
5) 3D. Not many people, including myself, care about the 3D effect, but if you really like, it can be a buying point I guess.

Lacius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks everyone. I'm pretty sure I'm just going to get the 3DS because I hadn't even considered getting an iPad 2 until my parents put that thought into my head. I think I just wanted to get the iPad 2 for attention.

TDWP FTW said:
3DS, iFish's opinion is invalid, has games, iFish's opinion is still invalid, isn't going to be replaced in a year, etc.

3) Isn't as expensive
4) Is dedicated for gaming, but has/is getting a ton of features, such as Netflix, an internet browser, etc.
5) 3D. Not many people, including myself, care about the 3D effect, but if you really like, it can be a buying point I guess.
Yeah, maybe, but when the Lite and the DSi came out, I felt how I imagine people feel when new versions of Apple products come out, which is one of the reasons why I was considering holding off on getting the 3DS.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You just said that you would get more use out of a 3DS, so why even think about it? Even when the games come, at least you won't be someone who's running around trying to find a 3DS as you'll already have one.

TheTwoR's

Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
3DS.
Non-biased.
I own an iPad (the first one), and I'm sure a better processor + cameras won't really make a difference.
It's not all that fun.
It's convenient if you're like on a plane or something, but then again the 3DS is even funner.

Shockwind

SHINEEE!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Just buy the 3DS. It's the latest gadget and it's games are cool.
cool.gif
If I have so much money, I'll it and have fun with it.
yay.gif

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'd say go get the iPad 2. Not only are you *not* paying for it, but it's completely different than an iPod touch. You will gain a newfound love for the apps and games you use on it because the screen is much bigger. I have an iPhone 4, but I would rather play on an iPad because my fingers basically cover most of the screen on the phone.

Just my opinion though, it matters not; get what YOU want. Don't purchase something based on the fact you can pirate on it, purchase something based on how much you will enjoy that product.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TDWP FTW said:

3) Isn't as expensive
This is quite funny
How can an opinion be invalid? It is somebody's own opinion...

Also, I'm not denying the fact iPad gets updated every year. But I am willing to bet the 3DS will have a new model with better battery life too.

Oh well, belies what you want.

This was typed on an iPad :3

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Lacius said:
So today is my birthday, and my parents decided they wanted to buy me an iPad 2. While I would gladly take an iPad, I already have an iPod Touch and I'm not entirely sure I would use it enough to warrant them spending $500. My parents are known for buying frivolous things I don't need, and they are even insisting that they get the 64GB model. However, I think I convinced them to buy me the 16GB model. I know, what a predicament, right?

The thing is that they plan on ordering the iPad 2 online, which means I don't think it will come for at least a couple of weeks. I also go back and forth between their house and my apartment up at school, so there is no garuntee I will be at any given place when the package finally arrives wherever it was sent. I could go to the Apple store sometime this week, but I don't feel like waiting in a super long line or having it be sold out (I don't know what to expect with the iPad 2). That being the case, I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to instead get a Nintendo 3DS without having to buy it myself. It's half the price of an iPad 2, and I would definitely use it more (especially if a 3DS flashcart were to come out). If I get the iPad 2 now, however, it is likely I could wait and let them buy me the Nintendo 3DS for Christmas or something instead.

*snip*

Any thoughts?
Off topic: I think you are one of the few people who have their feet firmly on the ground inspite of having parents who want nothing but the best for their kids. Most others would have been spoilt douche bags. Good for you!

On topic: 3DS all the way baby!
yay.gif

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
AlanJohn said:
... They make those Ipads every year.... Nintendo makes a portable console every 5 years...

You talk as if there are already 5 iPad models out.
tongue.gif

This is only the second generation. I'm not saying you're wrong, since you're right.

But are you ignoring the fact that Nintendo put the DSi out in April(North America date) And then approx the same time next year the DSi XL came out...

You act as if Apple is MAKING you update every hardware update. The current iPad will be supported for a while. The first generation iPhone and iPod touch both lived through 3 iOS revs.

So did the iPod touch 2G and iPhone 3G.

And the iPhone 3GS will see it's 3rd iOS rev with iOS 5.

So yeah...

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
diando said:
If your parents love spending, Ask them to get both.
biggrin.gif
grog.gif
wink.gif

Well, that could maybe work. Since he DID mention them wanting to get him the 64GB version which if I recall correctly is more than the 16GB and 3DS put together. So maybe.
tongue.gif

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been said, but what do you want out of either? Personally, I don't see the need for a tablet, regardless of it's brand. My father has an iPad, and my mother just got a Xoom, and to be honest, while both are nice, I'd personally take a dedicated gaming device over one. I suppose it comes down to what you want out of either device. If you want a gaming device, go with the 3DS. If you want a multimedia device, go with the iPad 2.

D

Deleted User

iFish said:
diando said:
If your parents love spending, Ask them to get both.
biggrin.gif
grog.gif
wink.gif

Well, that could maybe work. Since he DID mention them wanting to get him the 64GB version which if I recall correctly is more than the 16GB and 3DS put together. So maybe.
tongue.gif

The advice did come from the "creepy god of pokemon"
yaynds.gif
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd probably say 3DS.

iFish said:
Depends...

Do you want a dedicated gaming device? Or a multimedia one that has casual games?

I kinda already convinced myself to get an iPad 2 so I'm sorta biased. XD.

Personally, if you want an iPad in the future take it now since the 3DS is WAY cheaper.

This was typed on an PS3 so sorry for any errors.
Unless you count the double space on the last sentence that post was pretty much fine.
mellow.gif

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
voted 3DS
reasons are twofold i guess
3DS will not have updated RAM, cpu, graphics for another 5/6 years.
iPad 2 will be outdated next year and the year after and so on.
I expect ipad will drop in price drastically when ipad 2 comes out, you can just wait for a huge drop on ipad 1 or 2.
3DS will drop in price when a lite comes out, but not that much and that is 2/3 years away.

epicCreations.or

Trophies
Website
whalecakes.com
XP
Country
United States
Lacius said:
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Also, I know my Acekard 2i will be able to run in DS mode eventually. I was concerned that there wouldn't be a 3DS flashcard out or that it would log the fact that I used my Acekard and would eventually come back to bite me somehow.
Acekard 2i has 3DS DS mode capability already. You just need the update from the team.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Fishy pineapple