iPad 2 Announcement Coming February 9?

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Nujui, Jan 21, 2011.

Jan 21, 2011
  1. Nujui
    OP

Member Nujui I need something to do.

United States
    Despite that the iPad 2 is an unconfirmed, unannounced product rumored to be in development, there sure seems to be a lot of information floating around about it. Of course, most of what we know can be attributed to rumors and speculation, the latter of which yielded a new rumor: the iPad 2 will be announced on February 9.

Earlier this month Apple released a beta version of iOS 4.3 to developers, who in typical fashion, promptly uncovered all sorts of hidden gems, including a hint about the announcement of the iPad 2. Within iOS 4.3, developers uncovered an image in the iOS that allows user to preview wallpaper selections by overlaying array of standard iOS icons, including an icon for Facetime, Camera, and Photobooth. While these fall in line with previous rumors that the iPad 2 will sport front and rear facing cameras, some allege a clue can be found within the build's calendar icon.

Promo materials for the original iPad feature a calendar icon that reads January 27, which just so happens to be the date the device was announced in 2010, and some are claiming that the icon's use of the date February 9 reveals Apple's plans to announce the next iPad next month.

While a bit of a stretch, it wouldn't be the first time Apple software engineers dropped an easter egg into iOS code, and February 9 seems to fall in line with rumors that the next iPad will arrive by the end of March.

Source:http://gear.ign.com/articles/114/1145242p1.html

2. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
  3. Nujui
    OP

Member Nujui I need something to do.

United States
    Lol. That's what I thought too.