IOS's

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Maxius, Jan 31, 2011.

Jan 31, 2011

IOS's by Maxius at 2:49 AM (987 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Maxius
    OP

Newcomer Maxius Newbie

United States
    I have been for awhile trying to download some IOS's example IOS223 , and others and cannot find them in the download section now, awhile ago I could do a search and it would pop up and i would download it, now almost all IOS's i try to find are no longer there ( at least not in the search option.)

Can anyone link me to the IOS's so i can play some different games that are being picky with the WII example Metroid for 1

Thanks in advance

2. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    If you want the normal installers:
    * Hermes cIOS v5.1 (IOS202/222/223/224): http://filetrip.net/f11435-hermes-cIOS-Installer-5-1.html
    * Waninkoko's cIOS v21: http://filetrip.net/f23351-cIOS-Installer-Xr21.html

cIOSes can also be downloaded as wads using ModMii.

3. burritoboy9984

Member burritoboy9984 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    you can also hit up the modify any wii sticky, email the email it tells you to. Go to the link and grab the cios.zip file [​IMG]

-Erik

4. mvgc3

Member mvgc3 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Also, if you're playing through USB you'll need to use an alt .dol for certain games, such as Metroid Prime Trilogy. I'm not sure where to get that, primarily because I haven't needed it.

I think you can also use (S/U)NEEK+DI, but that's more complicated and if you can't get the IOS files for yourself, you might not want to try that.

5. Hielkenator

Member Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    Not needed anymore. The usb loader can extract the .dols from your game image. It's made selectable in the usb loaders automaticly or under their individual options.

Using Modmii is recommended. It allows you to download the Upgraded waninkoko Cios rev 21. It's far better than the original rev 21 ( also still available via Modmii ).
    It fixes the "lag" that some drives suffer using the original Ciosx 21 from waninkoko.

It's labeled v21d2x, under option 4.

6. PPSainity

Member PPSainity Blinded by Science

Canada
    A bit to add to the cIOSx v21d2x WADS... If your USB drive is not one that suffers the lag issue, then you can use the unmodded cIOSx rev21 WADs or the official installer. XFlax's v21d2x WADs replace the EHCI (USB2 code) from rev21 with that from rev19 a slightly edited version, which has been tested somewhat and should be fine, but can cause different issues with some drives. Also, there are other v21d2x type mods where the watchdog timer function is just simply removed, which can help in lag, but can allow drives to spin down which can cause crashes.

All in all, the v21d2x mods are a great solution to those suffering lag issues, but they should still be considered experimental, or in beta...

You can read up on v21d2x development in its original thread here: http://gbatemp.net/t263019-ciosx-rev21-controller-lag-fixed?

EDITED: Just caught up with a lot of changes...man those guys are fast...

-[]D