callousedlabia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I wanted to get an IOS37wad... so I ripped rockband and opened the ISO in Wii Scrubber but I found IOS9-64-v516.wad instead.. Whats up with that?

Thanks

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
it has been brickblocked and/or trucha signed the .iso file, try usign any newer game since fall til now they all have the IOS37 inside, if you have a legit copy use WUFE...!!!
smile.gif

callousedlabia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick response.
Is Wii Dumper automatically brick blocking the ISOs it dumps? I didn't think it did.

Also.. I have IOS37 installed on one wii, is there a program that will let me "get it" from the wii and put it on to an SD card?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
wtf.gif
No, it isn't........if you have the legit copy try using WUFE, if the IOS37 doesn't comes out thru there, then the game doesn't have the IOS37, wich I really doub it...!!!
smile.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
callousedlabia said:
Also.. I have IOS37 installed on one wii, is there a program that will let me "get it" from the wii and put it on to an SD card?

Yes you can use FS Dumper or FS Browser, but it will not copy the .wad file as is, it will extract only:

.app files
title.tmd file
.tik file

wich it is what it takes to pack a .wad file, QUESTION: why do you need IOS37..???
huh.gif

callousedlabia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
callousedlabia said:

Yes you can use FS Dumper or FS Browser, but it will not copy the .wad file as is, it will extract only:

.app files
title.tmd file
.tik file

wich it is what it takes to pack a .wad file, QUESTION: why do you need IOS37..???
huh.gif

I helped a friend soft-mod his wii. Everything worked great NFS Undercover etc etc then later that day, he bought Rockband. I had star-fall set to prevent disk updates so he couldn't install it from the disk, I figure having IOS37 ready to go would be great when my other other friends have theirs done (yes they are all in line now for the home brew).

Also, Ive been reading IOS37 is needed first before installing the custom IOS37 which somebody would need in order to play a Rock band back up from a back up loader (with USB instrument support).

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
it isn't needed BEFORE installing the custom one, in fact, sometimes the installer brings up an error and you need to delete the original IOS37 in order to install the cIOS37, so better yet just use the Multi_cIOS installer and put the IOS37 with DIP7 patch in IOS37 place and you're done...!!!
smile.gif

callousedlabia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
it isn't needed BEFORE installing the custom one, in fact, sometimes the installer brings up an error and you need to delete the original IOS37 in order to install the cIOS37, so better yet just use the Multi_cIOS installer and put the IOS37 with DIP7 patch in IOS37 place and you're done...!!!
smile.gif

Cool. Dumping the NAND now...

So IOS37 does not have to be installed on its own at all? So the dipped version will handle all titles played in the back up loader and the original games played in the disk channel?

Too bad I can't take the NAND dump and make one huge WAD that will install all IOS and CIOS at once..

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
well the multi cios only can turn and instal:

IOS33
IOS36
IOS37
IOS55

into a cIOS in any place between 9 to 249, so for those you don't need to make the cIOS by your own, if you still want to know how to do this, you need to use a wad packer to get IOS37 from the "extracted from your Wii files", .app files - title.tmd file - .tik file, once you have them I use Blaze's wad packer (you'll need the complete Shared1 folder, the common-key and cetk files on C:\Documents and Settings\callousedlabia\wii) and then I used the complete WWpacker to have the wad unpacked with all of the .app files in it, then I just swaped the 00000001.app file from the IOS249 to the IOS I'm about to turn into cIOS, but according to WiiBlaster this can only be done on IOS before 22, from 9 to 21 it couldn't be done like this, so we turned into using Multi-cIOS installer and placed IOS33 with DIP7 in all of the spaces from 9 to 21, got it..?? or need more extensive explanation...???
biggrin.gif

callousedlabia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
well the multi cios only can turn and instal:

IOS33
IOS36
IOS37
IOS55

into a cIOS in any place between 9 to 249, so for those you don't need to make the cIOS by your own, if you still want to know how to do this, you need to use a wad packer to get IOS37 from the "extracted from your Wii files", .app files - title.tmd file - .tik file, once you have them I use Blaze's wad packer (you'll need the complete Shared1 folder, the common-key and cetk files on C:\Documents and Settings\callousedlabia\wii) and then I used the complete WWpacker to have the wad unpacked with all of the .app files in it, then I just swaped the 00000001.app file from the IOS249 to the IOS I'm about to turn into cIOS, but according to WiiBlaster this can only be done on IOS before 22, from 9 to 21 it couldn't be done like this, so we turned into using Multi-cIOS installer and placed IOS33 with DIP7 in all of the spaces from 9 to 21, got it..?? or need more extensive explanation...???
biggrin.gif

May need some help along the way.

Wow that took a long time for under 280mb..

I am not sure how to find the right files I need to make IOS37 there are a lot of .app and .tmd files.

I created a directory within my "home" directory entitled "wii" __>>>"C:\Doucuments and Settings\callousedlabia\wii"

I copied the Shared1 folder into the wii directory. But I am unclear on where to copy the .app and cetk and other files files. Do I copy each app file into the root of the wii directory?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
All of the information is inside the NAND, except for the drive's FW of course, the common-key I believe it is the same just renamed, but I'm really not sure, you can download it from HackMii.com, there is an entry called "keys-keys-keys", about the cIOS for USB instruments didn't quite understood what you are asking, but the only IOS with USB drivers are 37 and 55 (this last one not sure but may be), to use the rock band backup you need to install a cIOS37 and use a launcher that is bassed on a cIOS37 (softchip can do the trick), or the CIOScorp package contains also the cIOS37 and you could run the backup thru the Disc Channel...!!
smile.gif

callousedlabia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WTF amazing

Oh by the way.. I tried the multi CIOS installer for rock band on mine that actually has ios37 and on my friends which didnt at the time.
Both wiis were connected to the internet.. homebrew browser was working fine..

I start the milti CIOS installer..

press up to select the IOS37 as IOS249 and it would fail to initialize network. I tried it 15 minutes ago same thing.. but just as posting this to write the exact error message I did it again and it updated..!!!!!!! WTF

Cool so if I understand correctly, using the Multi CIOS installer to install IOS37 as 249 would take the place of me needing to install IOS37? Damn wish I had the files the Multi CIOS installer was downloading because it seemed unreliable.

So after that is done I start softchip and is says it will try to load the selected IOS on startup. I would choose 37 not 249 even though MCIOSinstaller installed 37 as 249..

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Maybe your router is too far or the Wii is having troubles with the app, but just be clear, if you install it on IOS249 your Gamma Launcher may decreasse on compatibility, if you have CIOScorp package from a good source (WiiBlaster) then just install cIOS37 and if it install without problem then install cIOS30 (if you are on 3.2) and then just launche the game from channel disc...!!!
smile.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
callousedlabia said:
Cool so if I understand correctly, using the Multi CIOS installer to install IOS37 as 249 would take the place of me needing to install IOS37? Damn wish I had the files the Multi CIOS installer was downloading because it seemed unreliable.

So after that is done I start softchip and is says it will try to load the selected IOS on startup. I would choose 37 not 249 even though MCIOSinstaller installed 37 as 249..

Wrong, it will install IOS37 with DIP7 patch on it, in place #249, so if you use Softchip launcher you need to choose IOS249

and if you READ the README file, it says you can use the aplication without internet access too, you just need to download some files and place them in your SD...!!!
smile.gif

BTW: I'm off to bed now, so no replys for me till tomorrow

callousedlabia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
callousedlabia said:

Wrong, it will install IOS37 with DIP7 patch on it, in place #249, so if you use Softchip launcher you need to choose IOS249

and if you READ the README file, it says you can use the aplication without internet access too, you just need to download some files and place them in your SD...!!!
smile.gif

BTW: I'm off to bed now, so no replys for me till tomorrow

Thanks for the help and good night. The MCIOS installer I was using didn't contain a read me. In fact, the one I was using didn't have the 55 option. But I found another one 0.22 and I am getting all the files so network install in not needed... I am really close to the router.. But I have the USB --> Ethernet..
smile.gif

callousedlabia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went to the 24 hour Walmart and got a Rock Band 1 USB drum kit to test. It works fine on both Rockband and Rockband 2 back ups..

Strangely enough.. I dont need softchip. I play it right through Back up Loader.

thecyanaura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got IOS51 (i believe) installed as IOS242 on Softchip and everything works fine. A little longer load times, but that's okay.

..BUT... if i'm not mistaken, the microphone doesn't work using softchip, correct?

callousedlabia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thecyanaura said:
I've got IOS51 (i believe) installed as IOS242 on Softchip and everything works fine. A little longer load times, but that's okay.

..BUT... if i'm not mistaken, the microphone doesn't work using softchip, correct?

Softchip doesnt even launch the game for me.. any game.
Back up loader is playing Rockband 1 and 2 fine with USB drums. They are the only thing I have to test with. I can see why lots of people come here and leave confused.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well I only have RB2 and the Les Paul controller (GH3) only, so no way for me to test, but according to the info I had read, the IOS36 doesn't have the usb drivers, that's why they use IOS37, but IOS37 gives some troubles with some app using it as cIOS, so:

cIOS55 (not 51, that one is for the WiiShop Channel) is correct to work with the usb instruments
If you are using Gamma Launcher, you probably installed IOS37 - DIP7 - as IOS249, the softchip bassed RB Launcher uses IOS248 that's why it doesn't work...!!!
smile.gif

callousedlabia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
Well I only have RB2 and the Les Paul controller (GH3) only, so no way for me to test, but according to the info I had read, the IOS36 doesn't have the usb drivers, that's why they use IOS37, but IOS37 gives some troubles with some app using it as cIOS, so:

cIOS55 (not 51, that one is for the WiiShop Channel) is correct to work with the usb instruments
If you are using Gamma Launcher, you probably installed IOS37 - DIP7 - as IOS249, the softchip bassed RB Launcher uses IOS248 that's why it doesn't work...!!!
smile.gif

Yes, that is what I did. I used the multiCIos to install ios37 as 249 ..USB instruments are working in both games.. So.. right now, any application that uses CIOS249, is using the dipped 37?
Do you think it is good to keep this set up or use IOS - DIP7 as 248 and use IOS55 DIP7 as 249 .. then only use softchip for RB?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My therapy chair is padded