Hacking IOS61 v19.26, Error -2011 when installing DVDx

Axmann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The topic title gives you almost all of the info. I'm trying to install DVDx on a perfectly softmodded Wii that does everything else.

When I go to the HBC menu, on the top-right it sats "IOS61 v19.26", and when I try to install DVDx, it gives me an "Error -2011" every time.

Any suggestions/solutions?

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HBC will ALWAYS use IOS61. That is why if you "dop" this IOS, you will get an upside down HBC. How were you trying to install DVDx?

Edit: 2011, iirc, means it can't find a trucha bug enabled IOS to use. Use the trucha bug restorer, Multi Mod Manager, dop-mii v12, or alike to restore trucha. you need either an active internet connection on your Wii, or the following wads on your SD Card:
IOS15-64-v257.wad
IOS15-64-v523.wad
IOS36-64-v3351.wad
IOS37-64-v3869.wad

Once you trucha sign IOS36, DVDx can install.

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
OrGoN3 said:
HBC will ALWAYS use IOS61. That is why if you "dop" this IOS, you will get an upside down HBC. How were you trying to install DVDx?
Not true; it chooses the best, Nintendo-sanctioned IOS. I got HBC 1.0.6 to use IOS36.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dialexio said:
OrGoN3 said:
Not true; it chooses the best, Nintendo-sanctioned IOS. I got HBC 1.0.6 to use IOS36.

Sorry. Tends to default to IOS61, unless you play around with your IOS's. But that's pretty much a moot point at the moment because it doesn't relate to the problem the OP is receiving. His error code is saying that the installer cannot find a trucha-bug-enabled IOS. The fix is to simply enable it. Done deal.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
But what's the trucha bug got to do with ye olde hackmii installer?

It shouldn't. He mentioned HBC, so if he's doing it that way, he's using an older/cusotm DVDx install?? In which case he needs to restore trucha and remove stub IOS (latter if using 4.2). Otherwise he can use BannerBomb to run HackMii to install DVDx, as you mentioned.

Axmann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
...Are you trying to use an older standalone DVDX installer instead of the HackMii Installer? If so, why?
Well, to be quite frank, I didn't know there WAS anything else I could use... T.T

I've been out of the Wii modding scene for a while now, so I don't know much else o.0

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you want DVDX, use the latest hackmii installer. Then you don't need to mess with IOS, it's even possible it doesn't work, because you messed too much with your IOS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +1