IOS60 help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by KoolKidsKlub, Mar 20, 2010.

Mar 20, 2010

IOS60 help by KoolKidsKlub at 10:58 PM (694 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. KoolKidsKlub
    OP

Newcomer KoolKidsKlub Member

United States
    Hello, I have a question. I have been out of the wii hacking scene for about 6-12 months now, and have just updated my IOS'es with this guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=212497 , does that affect installing a patched IOS60? And how would I install a patched IOS60?

I am wanting a patched IOS60 for playing games(WiiWare, VC) off of my SD card. I am using 4.0(or 4.0u) btw.

PS: I want to patch the IOS60 WITHOUT that preloader thing. Can i patch it with the Dop-IOS thing?

2. guitarloser85

Member guitarloser85 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yup, just boot DOP-Mii (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/DOP-Mii) through HBC and use IOS 249 or a patched 36 when asked upon boot. Select IOS, Install v6174 of IOS60. Be sure not to install v6400 as it will brick your wii! Again, DO NOT install v6400!!! lol. Ya, then it'll ask if you'd like to apply patches, to which you answer yes.
    Good luck dude.

Oh, and that guide relates to which custom IOS's should be installed in the 222, 223, 249 slots... It has no effect on the IOS's that the system menu, original wii and wiiware games use.

3. KoolKidsKlub
    OP

United States
    Alright, and should I install BootMii first? When I first hacked my wii, I dont think I installed BootMii, and when I go to th HBC and I press the home button and click to launch BootMii, the screen turns black and the wii's blue disk light flashes and I can't press any thing, the only way to turn it off is unplugging the power cable and plugging it back in. So I think ill have to install it...

PS: Thanks for the help so far [​IMG]

4. guitarloser85

United States
    yup, installing bootmii is always a good idea (especially if you can install to boot2). After doing so, load it up through the homebrew channel and make a backup of your nand in case something goes wrong in the future you're not totally boned.
    P.s. bootmii requires certain files on your SD to be present to boot properly so be sure to have select "prepare sd card" while in the hackmii installer for bootmii and have that SD card in the wii when loading bootmii

5. KoolKidsKlub
    OP

United States
    Thanks man! It worked! Thanks!

6. guitarloser85

United States
    No prob bob. Enjoy your wiiware off your SD card [​IMG]