rolleyes.gif

Sotoro

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
lou_weed said:
Nintendo won't "activate" any IOS37 in near future because :

- Nintendo is the ONLY company who creates consoles and actually makes profit off the hardware.
- Nintendo's 1st party games actually makes money (their piracy is minimal , for example - Mario kart comes with the wheel , so even if you downloaded the game , they make some money off your 10$ wheel..)
- Such a move (banning chipped consoles/homebrew ) would make a lot of noise (like M$'s move with the x360) and negative appeal in the crowd. Ninty doesnt want that.

Nintendo won't activate IOS37 in the far future because :

- the homebrew community will be much wider until then, with a media center expansion/advanced browser etc.
- more people (hardcore gamers) will buy the wii because of the homebrew apps and because the wii has already been hacked.
- Ninty will still make profit on the hardware (unlike Sony/M$) so why should they ban ?

Best post about this topic in a long time...

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
i think that by the time nintendo wnts to push the "kill trucha bug" button homebrew coders might have found a way to counter it....i think

TSPhoenix

Trophies
XP
Country
I think Nintendo realise the people doing this are the same people who aren't going to pay for games anyway. However if gets to the stage where its easy enough to do this stuff that the average consumer can do it no problems and it becomes widespread enough that its cutting into their sales they will try to stop it. Look at flashcards, until the R4 Nintendo didn't give a damn because they were all too complicated and hard to get for the average consumer. Now they are trying to have R4s pulled from the shelves everywhere. Until it hurts the bottom line nothing will happen most likely.

doctormj

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TSPhoenix said:
I think Nintendo realise the people doing this are the same people who aren't going to pay for games anyway.

I'm still buying retail games - I have unmodded console I'm jsut after the wiiware stuff - wouldn't pay for it anyway due to the lack of demo availability.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
arctic_flame said:
Vater Unser said:
Only PAL gamers who are stupid enough to actually wait until the late PAL release of SSBB would feel the warth of IOS37, if it indeed gets released with SSBB.

I'M FEELING THE WARTH!!!

I'M FEELING THE WART!!!
Wart.PNG

Jacobeian said:
The IOS37 update doesn't even fix the Twilight Hack, so all the homebrew stuff (and even pirated VC and WiiWare channels) should work even after the IOS37 update is activated

I wil laugh when people like you will come crying that their VC "backup" don't work anymore
Thanks for the info, Nelson, but I'll be the last person to mourn after VC backups...with Homebrew and Wiiware channels however it's a different story and no laughing matter
lecture.gif

To be honest, though, I didn't know hacked channels were based on the trucha bug
unsure.gif

Are they really? Then it beats me why Team Twiizers created the homebrew channel...didn't bushing say he won't make use of the Trucha bug and instead keep concentrating on the Twilight Hack, or something like that?

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
He never said that...

btw, the homebrew channel is still a program behind the fact it use Trucha Bug to be installed in your Menu
so this could still be used as any other .dol
they probably already have other mean of running unsigned stuff on the wii, the bug they found is certainly not the only one that Nintendo leaved behind

kgb420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMHO, I think they are waiting for people to install these hacked vc and other channels. Once they feel that the people that are going to install them have, they will flick the switch.

I do think they have something coming for people that have used the vc, etc... ban maybe? brick the wii, maybe??? No one knows!

I do know they care about ANY hack going on with their system. This bs about they dont give a shit is just lame!

Sotoro

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
kgb420 said:
I do think they have something coming for people that have used the vc, etc... ban maybe? brick the wii, maybe??? No one knows!

Are you crazy? No company would bricking their own systems. Online ban is the worst case scenario...

Sotoro

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Bob Evil said:
Sotoro said:
No company would bricking their own systems.

Why not?

They have already had the money for your console, and you are pirating and not bringing them any more revenue ... so why shouldn't they brick your machine?

Never heard the word "Image"? They would get so much bad press, even MS is only banning the online game...

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Jacobeian said:
QUOTE said:
The IOS37 update doesn't even fix the Twilight Hack, so all the homebrew stuff (and even pirated VC and WiiWare channels) should work even after the IOS37 update is activated

I wil laugh when people like you will come crying that their VC "backup" don't work anymore

The only reason you can install hacked WAD files on your wii IS because of the Signature bug
If this is eventually fixed, bye bye pirated channels
Perhaps, but when that is to install the stuff. If it's installed, the thing that's put on your Wii, is that still something signed with trucha? Cause I believed the installed content was the same as a real VC thing.
And if you redownload the thing you installed from the shop channel, then that would certainly don't have trucha anymore right? (don't recommend it though, as it highers the possibilities of online ban)

retrospect

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I wondered about the re-download too. Although I can't see why Nintendo would send a new ticket with your downloaded title if it is reported that you already have one.

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
Bob Evil said:
Sotoro said:

Why not?

They have already had the money for your console, and you are pirating and not bringing them any more revenue ... so why shouldn't they brick your machine?
Becourse that would really DESTROY Nintendo's name.
And they will have to replace many and MANY Wii's.

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Bricking a machine would be illegal in quite a few countries.

as for IOS37 not being active yet:

changing something as big as the authentication mechanism is a huge step. it requires lots and lots of testing, since a mistake could result in original games or bought VC stuff not working anymore, plus it has to be tested for 3 regions, with 3 sets of teams. it takes time, they can't just throw an update like that out without being sure that it will cause no harm to legit users.

PlooBloo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
superrob said:
Bob Evil said:
Sotoro said:

Why not?

Becourse that would really DESTROY Nintendo's name.
And they will have to replace many and MANY Wii's.
I agree. I honestly doubt Nintendo would do anything as big as bricking systems with "unauthorized devices." It's too big of a risk to take for a company like Nintendo.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, looking at how they "fixed" Wii Shop, IOS37 might not be that far behind! I got Mario Kart Wii and Smash Bros Brawl, so I doubt I'll be updating unless a really really really really good title comes out, but at this point, I have enough VC titles, and my SNES/NES/SMS/what ever other emu's are out there to last me quite a long time...

Next game I'll prob buy would be the next Zelda title, or a Luigi title

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0