ios37 i say B.S

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by mickthestud, May 20, 2008.

May 20, 2008

ios37 i say B.S by mickthestud at 11:59 AM (6,110 Views / 0 Likes) 56 replies

1. mickthestud
    OP

Member mickthestud GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    all this talk about nintendo gonna release this uper super update thats gonna diasable trucha and wads ,what the hell are they waitind for the suspense is starting to get to me and with the new wii ware i would have thought it would have been the perfect time to release it but still nothing...

2. berlinka

Member berlinka You have sustained a lethal injury.

Netherlands
    I think it's a rather bullshitty theory myself. They released all the BIG ONES, like Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Wii Fit, etc. Why the heck would they want to wait with this 'switch'?
    It's as if there's some japanese dude standing in a basement at Nintendo's going "Okay Boss, can I flip the switch now then?" and Nintendo goes, "No mate, just wait a little longer. We still have some Killer Apps to release, but after that you can do it to 'em!"

It makes no sense AT ALL!

I start to believe IOS37 is BULLSHIT. No matter what "the experts" say.

We'll see.

3. tredes

Member tredes GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    ditto [​IMG]

4. HaloBenish

Member HaloBenish GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    ios37 is real, and it's on our wiis (if you have latest update), you can even check for yourself, but nothng from the wii system menu is calling it yet, which is weird.

5. superrob

Member superrob H4X H4X H4X!

Denmark
    Well this whole IOS37 thing sounds like a peice of crap to scare us.
    I mean its the most IDIOT thing EVER. Its been out on uour Wii's for 1 months and they still havn't "activited" it.

6. HaloBenish

Member HaloBenish GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I dont understand why the people who created the Twilight HAcck would try to bs us by trying to scare us. They seem to have better things to do.

7. B4rtj4h

Member B4rtj4h Gaming addict #2 and some

Netherlands
    But is it proven to be dangerous for the hack :?:

8. HybridEntity

Newcomer HybridEntity Member

Australia
    IIRC, the twilight hack doesn't use the same "hole" that the trucha signer and datel use.
    As an estimate, I reckon Nintendo flicks the switch when the PAL version of Super Smash Bros. Brawl comes out. Then we will all feel the wrath of IOS37.

9. WiiCrazy

Member WiiCrazy Be water my friend!

Turkey
    Holes are sometimes exploitted without knowing them, maybe if they cover the holes one or many of the originally released titles will be affected too. They should test each title to make sure they run correctly, think what could happen if a few original titles actually used the holes? What if some backdoors exploitted? What if some originals also used that backdoors?

All conspiracy though nintendo needs plenty of time and much to do compared to the hackers.

10. sidneyyoung

Member sidneyyoung GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Bermuda
    We need to ask Waninkoko wether it's true.

11. Jacobeian

Member Jacobeian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Cuba
    The BS is when people knowing absolutely nothing are starting to speculate about emptyness and making conspiracy thread

IOS37 exists and it has been PROVEN that it contains a patch that fix the Trucha Signature bug. No software (understand System Menu, Channels or DVD games) actually need this IOS revision and this was probably only put out as a response and warning to Datel's freeloader

Without Trucha SIgnature bug, all WAD become useless and all installed channels will not be recognize anymore (and this is the optimistic scenario)

I don't think Nintendo is caring much about all this VC piracy crap, not more than for modchips anyway

12. arctic_flame

Member arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

United Kingdom
    Also the Twilight hack is properly encrypted, the save isn't "Trucha Signed"

13. superrob

Member superrob H4X H4X H4X!

Denmark
    Nope. Mario Kart Wii would have been a MUCH better moment. Or Wii Fit?
    But Smash Bros brawl is allready out everywhere [​IMG]

14. Stalkid64

Member Stalkid64 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thank you all for the lulz. Why not go actually read up on these things..?

15. Vater Unser

Member Vater Unser GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    Nope.
    Only PAL gamers who are stupid enough to actually wait until the late PAL release of SSBB would feel the warth of IOS37, if it indeed gets released with SSBB.

The current Wii lineup for 2008 (for any region) has not a single game I'd be willing to update my Wii for, so I'm not concerned about IOS37 at all, for now...
    It'll take a good 6 months until some new promising games hit the Wii, and then we still have tools like waninkoko's update remover that might enable some work-arounds for new IOS37-activating games...

The IOS37 update doesn't even fix the Twilight Hack, so all the homebrew stuff (and even pirated VC and WiiWare channels) should work even after the IOS37 update is activated

16. arctic_flame

Member arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

United Kingdom
    I'M FEELING THE WARTH!!!

17. Trolly

Member Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Yeah, I'm waiting for SSBB over here because I don't have enough money and I just can't be arsed to import. Tbh, if I was that excited over it, I would have got it already. But for some odd reason, I'm not that excited about it, it'll get here when it gets here...

EDIT:
    And how exactly does that make me stupid?

The IOS37 will probably happen at some point, though this is the first I've heard of it. I guess we'll just have to wait.

18. ganons

Member ganons GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    ios37 was invented by bushing .. he's against piracy wads and stuff .. therefore, he made it all up!!
    lol

19. Jacobeian

Member Jacobeian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Cuba
    I wil laugh when people like you will come crying that their VC "backup" don't work anymore

The only reason you can install hacked WAD files on your wii IS because of the Signature bug
    If this is eventually fixed, bye bye pirated channels

20. lou_weed

Member lou_weed GBAtemp Regular

Israel
    Nintendo won't "activate" any IOS37 in near future because :

- Nintendo is the ONLY company who creates consoles and actually makes profit off the hardware.
    - Nintendo's 1st party games actually makes money (their piracy is minimal , for example - Mario kart comes with the wheel , so even if you downloaded the game , they make some money off your 10$ wheel..)
    - Such a move (banning chipped consoles/homebrew ) would make a lot of noise (like M$'s move with the x360) and negative appeal in the crowd. Ninty doesnt want that.

Nintendo won't activate IOS37 in the far future because :

- the homebrew community will be much wider until then, with a media center expansion/advanced browser etc.
    - more people (hardcore gamers) will buy the wii because of the homebrew apps and because the wii has already been hacked.
    - Ninty will still make profit on the hardware (unlike Sony/M$) so why should they ban ?