Hacking IOS36 Patcher - Install Preloader on a LU64/65 Wii!

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wchill said:
Goddamn it, won't Marcan ever leave us alone? Not that I really needed this of course.

lol despite being "out of" the wii scene, still manages to take care of it in a matter of minutes. pffft.
no life at all, lol.

thanks for the nice app, that is useful for lu64 people who dont just wanna go, "oh i have hackmii installer, i should stop now cause thats all there is...."

preloader is still tight yo.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Does preloader only need the ES_Identify or does it also need the trucha bug? Also does it need to be installed as IOS36 and overwrite the nintendo one?

I'm writing something similar, but a little more powerful. My Trucha Bug Restorer will allow to select which patches to use(trucha, identify, nand permissions), use IOS36 or IOS37, where to install that, use any IOS(or cBoot2) during installation, WORK OFFLINE and most important allow to downgrade IOS15 to get the trucha bug on ALL(known) Wiis.

PS: Sorry for pointing marcan at the page, since my app will even allow to get trucha on Wiis, i wondered what chances it has to get at WiiBrew. Now i know.

Scarfish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm not really sure if the trucha bug is required but since it patches IOS60 my guess was: Yes. Havent tested it without the bug tho. Preloader identifies as SU for which we need the ES_Identify patched. The patch however will let you identify as SU but not as Sysmenu.
I dont know exactly if Preloader is only looking at IOS36 but at every Wii I have seen it did. I read that someone saw that Preloader was using IOS35 but I havent got a clue which version of Preloader and the IOSes that was.

Your app sounds as one that comes in very handy! Will be keeping an eye out on that.

nknave said:
Correct, you run cBoot2, in this patched WAD Manager, you should uninstall IOS36 and than install, and you'll have the patched version (If you have the WAD with all the patches).

After that, reboot your Wii, run HBC and load cIOS38 Rev13b and choose IOS36 as your base installer, all will work like a charm.

Matter of Fact, you can use this IOS36 to install any WADs using WAD Manager without any issues.
bow.gif

If you have an internet connection you dont need to remove and install the wad. You could replace the Wad Manager with this dol and it will run just fine
smile.gif

nknave

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Scarfish said:
I read that someone saw that Preloader was using IOS35 but I havent got a clue which version of Preloader and the IOSes that was.

That was me dude,

The version of the dol was from SoftMii 2.9.7b.

When I tried to install on SM4.0 (no hacks), it would give me that error, something like : "the (IOS35) signing bug has been fixed.", funny thing, is that the one downloaded from Wiibrew.org did ask for IOS36.

What ever the case is, I'm good with this IOS36. Best ever. Pwns!!! the LU64

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Scarfish said:
I'm not really sure if the trucha bug is required but since it patches IOS60 my guess was: Yes. Havent tested it without the bug tho. Preloader identifies as SU for which we need the ES_Identify patched. The patch however will let you identify as SU but not as Sysmenu.
I dont know exactly if Preloader is only looking at IOS36 but at every Wii I have seen it did. I read that someone saw that Preloader was using IOS35 but I havent got a clue which version of Preloader and the IOSes that was.

Your app sounds as one that comes in very handy! Will be keeping an eye out on that.

Hmm, not identify as systemu... I have to test that. I aim for THE "legal" alternative to get trucha on Wiis without the cIOS, so that people with only legal intentions have a tool they can use. Identify as SU for ATD works with your patch, thanks for the code.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
nknave said:
Scarfish said:
Ouch. You cant boot into BootMii as boot2 anymore? Thats strange since that shouldn't rely on which IOSes are installed.

Oh, BootMii runs, but that's It!

I tried cBoot2 and doesn't run, I think It still depends on a IOS from NAND or something.
My very first wii, stupidly installed cIOSCorp, and since I wansn't very well documented, I uninstalled all WADs from cIOSCorp using WAD manager.........= dead Wii. Oh well, bought another one and Here I'm happy with it. Gotta be very careful with it though.

QUOTE(Bloodlust @ Jun 30 2009, 06:59 AM) Mmm.. but don't the newer wii's already come with an updated IOS36? If that's the case, all that's needed should be bootmii with cboot2 & this ios36 patcher followed by the rev13 installer right?

Correct, you run cBoot2, in this patched WAD Manager, you should uninstall IOS36 and than install, and you'll have the patched version (If you have the WAD with all the patches).

After that, reboot your Wii, run HBC and load cIOS38 Rev13b and choose IOS36 as your base installer, all will work like a charm.

Matter of Fact, you can use this IOS36 to install any WADs using WAD Manager without any issues.
bow.gif

Is there really a need to unistall/install the latest IOS36 wad if the current one being patched will work with preloader?

pcfree

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
WiiPower said:
I'm writing something similar, but a little more powerful. My Trucha Bug Restorer will allow to select which patches to use(trucha, identify, nand permissions), use IOS36 or IOS37, where to install that, use any IOS(or cBoot2) during installation, WORK OFFLINE and most important allow to downgrade IOS15 to get the trucha bug on ALL(known) Wiis.
Great to hear that you are working on nand permission patch. Does it mean to allow /dev/flash opening?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
pcfree said:
WiiPower said:
Great to hear that you are working on nand permission patch. Does it mean to allow /dev/flash opening?

Actually that means, waiting to meet Waninkoko to ask him to give it to me.(or meet somebody else i know of that he has got that patch). It will only mean that you can access all files on nand, even the ones that you can't access as SU.

Try:
http://code.google.com/p/fstoolbox/
with IOS36 and browse the tiles, and then browse them with a cIOS, then you will see what i mean.

nknave

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Bloodlust said:
Is there really a need to unistall/install the latest IOS36 wad if the current one being patched will work with preloader?

Well, my way yes, why?

I have cBoot2 with cWadManager1.4 and I must uninstall IOS36 (using same WAD) and than reinstall, this is to avoid corruption or error messages in Wad Manager.

Similar to the tutorial for LU64Fix (IOS16........)

After that, it's all good.

If you use this app by Scarfish, all you do is run it and your set, it will do the whole process on it's own, and I don't think it uninstalls, it just installs over.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Used this on my friends Wii (a non-LU64/65 Wii) that was updated to 4.0 via Nintendo's update and it worked great. Was able to install preloader, DVDX and use WiiSCU to update other IOSs.

Great work.
smile.gif

TheShadowRunner

I'm like you, I have no name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, Scarfish,
I have a LU65 Wii with firmware 3.4U, chipped with wasabi zero.
I installed the HBC via the bannerbomb hack, then proceeded to start using Wad Manager 1.4.
But each time I tried to install a WAD (game), I got "Error = -2011".

So I found this tutorial supposed to fix the problem: http://timashley.me/?q=node/6#comment-109
and started doing it. I stopped at step 5: run CMDVDX34 ("Downgrade IOS35"). It actually downgraded IOS35 succesfully.

I then realised that I have a LU65 Wii and must use the IOS36 Patcher to be able to install preloader and go on from there.

My question is: can I use Scarfish's IOS36 patcher, even though I already ran CMDVDX34 and downgraded IOS35 succesfully on my LU65 fw 3.4u ?
Are there any risks? If so, how should I restore the original IOS35 before I can use the IOS36 patch?

Thanks for any help!

hark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just used this. It works perfectly! Thank you so much, Scarfish! Up until now I've been doing things without any protection. Now I feel more secure (I definitely won't screw around with IOSs, though I shouldn't need to anyway).

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nknave said:
Simo75 said:
This patch it's not enough for full use of AnyTitle_Deleter_MOD ( http://wiibrew.org/wiki/AnyTitle_Deleter/A...tle_Deleter_MOD )..
frown.gif
frown.gif

That's why you Install this and run cIOS38 rev13b and than you can use this app.
Would a Wii with this done then be able to run USB loaders, or is that not possible at all at the moment for LU64+ Wii's? I've got my 3.3v2U Wii doing everything I need, but a wife's friend saw the loaders and wants one. I just wanted to know if it's possible before I waste my time researching the safest way to do it.

hark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Skizzo said:
nknave said:
Simo75 said:
This patch it's not enough for full use of AnyTitle_Deleter_MOD ( http://wiibrew.org/wiki/AnyTitle_Deleter/A...tle_Deleter_MOD )..
frown.gif
frown.gif

That's why you Install this and run cIOS38 rev13b and than you can use this app.
Would a Wii with this done then be able to run USB loaders, or is that not possible at all at the moment for LU64+ Wii's? I've got my 3.3v2U Wii doing everything I need, but a wife's friend saw the loaders and wants one. I just wanted to know if it's possible before I waste my time researching the safest way to do it.

I have an LU64 Wii and I was able to run a USB loader. However, I used this guide: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144...t=0&start=0

TheShadowRunner

I'm like you, I have no name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please help guys :/

TheShadowRunner said:
Hey all, Scarfish,
I have a LU65 Wii with firmware 3.4U, chipped with wasabi zero.
I installed the HBC via the bannerbomb hack, then proceeded to start using Wad Manager 1.4.
But each time I tried to install a WAD (game), I got "Error = -2011".

So I found this tutorial supposed to fix the problem: http://timashley.me/?q=node/6#comment-109
and started doing it. I stopped at step 5: run CMDVDX34 ("Downgrade IOS35"). It actually downgraded IOS35 succesfully.

I then realised that I have a LU65 Wii and must use the IOS36 Patcher to be able to install preloader and go on from there.

My question is: can I use Scarfish's IOS36 patcher, even though I already ran CMDVDX34 and downgraded IOS35 succesfully on my LU65 fw 3.4u ?
Are there any risks? If so, how should I restore the original IOS35 before I can use the IOS36 patch?

Thanks for any help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol