Hacking IOS36-64-v1042 vs IOS 249

BillandAlisha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, It seems more and more games it's giving me the dreaded error 002. I do know what do to take care of it. I have a few questions for you.

1) If I install IOS36-64-v1042 , will it affect my other Wii games that runs smoothly under ios 249?
2) does IOS36 take care of the dreaded error 002?
3) Is IOS 36 the latest version?
4) I'm thinking about running the Wii games through WIIScrubber before even burning the WII games (I'm tired of wasting the DVD's and no..I don't have a huge USB) ...good idea or no?

NO LINKS TO ANY IOS!

Thanks for helping me out.

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Think of ios36 as a newer "version" of whatever ios249 you're using now. So no, it wont mess things up. It'll take care of the 002 error as long as you go to rev12 orhigher (iirc). The latest version of what you're talking about is ios38rev13b. There are some issues with it and USB, but since you're strickly booting from hard back ups, I'd suggest using it.

Don't get why you're suggesting to wiiscrub everything. If it's the 002 errors then a, ios38 will fix that. And B, you should just be using neogamma loader or something that has been auto-correcting for 002.

BillandAlisha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ossot said:
Think of ios36 as a newer "version" of whatever ios249 you're using now. So no, it wont mess things up. It'll take care of the 002 error as long as you go to rev12 orhigher (iirc). The latest version of what you're talking about is ios38rev13b. There are some issues with it and USB, but since you're strickly booting from hard back ups, I'd suggest using it.

Don't get why you're suggesting to wiiscrub everything. If it's the 002 errors then a, ios38 will fix that. And B, you should just be using neogamma loader or something that has been auto-correcting for 002.

I'm only thinking about wiisrub everything if I don't update the new IOS, I'll take a look at Ios38rev13b. Thanks.

BillandAlisha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Confirm making sure the game I want will work with Backup Launcher
2) Download my "backups"
3)Confirm making sure it's a nice size and the correct region, removing any updates using Wiu.1.1
4)Burn my .iso
5)Popped it in my Wii
6)Load backup launcher .3 gamma
7)Gets excited about playing a new game
8)Cries seeing the dreaded #error 002
hate2.gif

9)Toss away my DVD
10)Load my Iso using WiiScrubber to extract the main.dol
11) fix the stupid #002 error using GenericWiiPatcher
12) replace the main.dol into the .iso (using WiiScrubber)
13)Burn the .iso
14) reload dvd onto Wii
15) load backup launcher .3 gamma
16) play the game and shoot the hell of bad guys (tend to ease my frustrations).

This seems to be the pattern now days.

Btw I have IOS38-64-v3610, Launching it with Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So you are using a backup launcher.

1. Don't mess with the disc if not necessary, removing the updates is not necessary. And most region patchers are epic failures.

2. Either get a cIOS with 002 fix integrated, rev8-rev12 or rev13b,
OR (recommend) get rev7(only usable for discs) or rev13a(for both discs and usb) and get a proper loader, like SoftChip or NeoGamma. There are 2 different methods to fix 002 from a loader, the old one is the same as in the cIOS, and is the reason why some games don't work. SoftChip and NeoGamma use the better method.

BillandAlisha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
So you are using a backup launcher.

1. Don't mess with the disc if not necessary, removing the updates is not necessary. And most region patchers are epic failures.

2. Either get a cIOS with 002 fix integrated, rev8-rev12 or rev13b,
OR (recommend) get rev7(only usable for discs) or rev13a(for both discs and usb) and get a proper loader, like SoftChip or NeoGamma. There are 2 different methods to fix 002 from a loader, the old one is the same as in the cIOS, and is the reason why some games don't work. SoftChip and NeoGamma use the better method.

I never download a game from different regions ( I learned the hard way the region patchers are indeed epic failures) . I was once told to make sure there wasn't any updates on the game. I won't make any changes on it, but I will still check to make sure it's the correct region.

I'm checking out NeoGamma right now. Looking for a .wad or I may make one myself If I can't find it. No Wifi here.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You only need the HBC package to test. Why do you mention that you don't have wifi?

Go and look at the backup launcher forum, and next time post your problems there too.

BillandAlisha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
You only need the HBC package to test. Why do you mention that you don't have wifi?

Go and look at the backup launcher forum, and next time post your problems there too.

1) Calm down ( It did start off talking about hacking)
2) Thousands of pardons, I thought software had to be downloaded I didn't know it was a direct HB application
3) It works and it is a sweet program, and it indeed remove the error 002
4) In fact it's so sweet, It's going to be a channel.

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BillandAlisha said:
I never download a game from different regions ( I learned the hard way the region patchers are indeed epic failures) .

Sounds like you're simply not setting your loader to Force NTSC (or PAL). If you just patch the ISO to your region that's not enough. If you look around on these forums there's a thread with a Neogamma loader (will fix your 002 error) set to auto-force NTSC. (I'm sure you can find a PAL version if you're euro). The only games, afaik, that still refuse to work with forced & patched are Little Kings Story & Pikmin2.

I'd seriously just go grab Neogamma loader if I was you, sounds like it'll solve all your problems -- including imports.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ossot said:
BillandAlisha said:
I never download a game from different regions ( I learned the hard way the region patchers are indeed epic failures) .

Sounds like you're simply not setting your loader to Force NTSC (or PAL). If you just patch the ISO to your region that's not enough. If you look around on these forums there's a thread with a Neogamma loader (will fix your 002 error) set to auto-force NTSC. (I'm sure you can find a PAL version if you're euro). The only games, afaik, that still refuse to work with forced & patched are Little Kings Story & Pikmin2.

I'd seriously just go grab Neogamma loader if I was you, sounds like it'll solve all your problems -- including imports.

Don't use a specia force whatever mod of NeoGamma for this. You can get by yourself which settings are necessary and set them in the official NeoGamma release.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
installing IOS36 wont do shit cause Gamma uses IOS249, so you need "cIOS36_r10 installer", wich uses IOS36-64-v1042.wad, patches it and then install it in the slot 249, using r10 will assure you no 002 error on your games, or use the NeoGamma loader to bypass the 002 error, or both cIOS_r10 and NeoGamma loader..!!
smile.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ether2802 said:
installing IOS36 wont do shit cause Gamma uses IOS249, so you need "cIOS36_r10 installer", wich uses IOS36-64-v1042.wad, patches it and then install it in the slot 249, using r10 will assure you no 002 error on your games, or use the NeoGamma loader to bypass the 002 error, or both cIOS_r10 and NeoGamma loader..!!
smile.gif

Sorry, but fixing 002 with the cIOS is a bad idea and i explained why.

fontimania

Trophies
XP
Country
I wish to install divx with the IOS249 but it isn't available and when I try with IOS 37 I get error messages and no installation. Can anyone offer any advice?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: sup