Hacking IOS30 v1040

Ricj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to install IOS30 v1040 on my 3.1u wii. But so far i only found the NTSC-J version of that IOS in WAD form.

Is it safe to install that wad? Where can a find IOS30 from NTSC-U origin ?

From the 3.2u update, the only IOS i need is IOS30 v1040 right?

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hmm, if you have a NTSC ISO on your computer from anytime after wiiware was released then use wiiscrubber to extract the 3.2U IOS30.

that is of course if it isnt safe to install the J version of it.

i take it you dont have an internet connection with your wii? or you'd just update to 3.2U right? XD

Ricj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, i can't connect my Wii online. And i don't want to jump to 4.0 yet.... but certain wiiware titles (Megaman9, My Life as a King, etc..) will only load on 3.2, so i figured it must be something to do with the IOS30 v1040...

I just don't want to risk bricking my Wii over some Wiiware, that's why i'm asking before trying... so far i've found everysingle IOS out there, except a IOS30 v1040 originated from a NTSC-U system/game

olliepop2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Ricj said:
I just don't want to risk bricking my Wii over some Wiiware, that's why i'm asking before trying... so far i've found everysingle IOS out there, except a IOS30 v1040 originated from a NTSC-U system/game
Well install Bootmii as boot2 and take a NAND dump first
smile.gif

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiBlaster said:
theres no wiiware titles that use IOS30 thats a system menu IOS?

I "think" this is right.

I KNOW for a fact the IOS are NOT region specific.

imo, you need (trying to remeber) 36,37,51,53,55 for all wiiware (I might have missed one). I posted in a topic not too long ago, but something like that and all wiiware will work.

If I were you, I'd read up on updating to 4.0, remember have cIOS and HBC in place to make things easy, and yes I know bannerbomb works on 4.0. Once on 4.0 get your IOS downgraded for trucha, get preloader bootmii and everytihng else you need. 4.0 is the bees knees
wink.gif

Ricj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RIght now i have on my Wii ( It's a 3.1u system)

IOS - 249 Rev8 / 30 v1040 / 36 v1042 / 38 v3609 / 53 v4113 / 55 v4633

Yeah i just installed the IOS 30 v1040 and everything seems fine.

i can play every Wii game i ever tried. From Mario Galaxy to Madworld. Pal and Japanese titles alike. No problem.

I also Have World of Goo and Bomberman Blast on my Wiiware. Flawless.

Just now i tried playing Rockman 9... it boots back to the System Menu.

So i guess my next step will be IOS 37 and 51 then! (Although... IOS 51 is just Shopping Channel related. Do i really need this to play wiiware games? )

I play safe with my Wii, i'm cool with not playing all the games i got as long as i don't get a brick by accident. That's why i wont touch things like Starfall or Bootmii yet... they either require deeper knowledge or are betas/not fully tested. So i rather wait and watch the folks with better understanding/more cash do all the testing, i'm just not an "earlier adopter" =)

Ricj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT:

ALRIGHT! Problem solved...!!

It was IOS 37
i didn't have to install IOS 51. (but maybe someone else might have to, so i don't know.)

Either way, Slimmmmm thank you so much, and everyone who helped out too.

Darkofdeath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the same problem, i am thinking of installing IOS37 but can i do that if my current IOS is 16(i think)

So i mean like skipping all the other IOS and going straight to IOS37. plz reply ASAP

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: I have seen the new 52 and dcau animated movies I think they take every opportunity to say his...