IOS249 stub help needed

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by tylerzentz, Jan 6, 2010.

Jan 6, 2010

IOS249 stub help needed by tylerzentz at 7:49 PM (12,248 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. tylerzentz
    OP

Member tylerzentz GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm helping my friend softmod his Wii so that he can play backup disks. He's got a LU5-something serial, 4.2 system menu, and bootmii installed as IOS (boot2 wouldn't work on his Wii for some reason but that's not the issue). TruchaBug is also restored on IOS36. When I install cIOS38 rev14 to IOS249 using IOS36 I get a "installation successful" message and then the Wii returns to the HBC. Now whenever I try to use the IOS249 through any homebrew app the Wii freezes and the Wii remote turns off. I did some research, the problem seems to be a result of the IOS249 stub, so I went into AnyTitleDeleterDB and deleted IOS249 from the System Titles (because this should remove the stub, according to my research) and reinstalled cIOS38 rev 14 the same way, but the Wii still freezes when I try to use IOS249. Is this method for removing the stub incorrect?

2. longtom1

Member longtom1 Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen

Antarctica
  3. Det1re

Member Det1re det1re.de

Germany
    Did you try the "WAD-way"?

Get any cIOS WAD that installs to slot 249 and remove (not install) it through WAD Manager.

4. tylerzentz
    OP

United States
    i have the wad for cIOS38 rev14. how does wad manager know this is associated with ios249? wouldnt it just remove the actual ios38 instead?

5. tylerzentz
    OP

United States
    help? please? mods please don't kill me for the bump-esque post.

6. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    download the package that comes with this guide, then use its IOS249 wad to uninstall your ios249 stub... then u may as well use the same wad to install it (this is an alternative to using the installer)

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

7. Det1re

Member Det1re det1re.de

Germany
    Do you know what the "38" references? Probably not, since you are asking.

8. tylerzentz
    OP

United States
    the 38 references a modified ios38 that installs in different places depending on which installer is used, right?

9. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    no, it is the ios that is installed to slot 38. the cios installer uses this ios to create a modified IOS249

10. VashTS

Member VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    To create a modified IOS38, not modified IOS249. But anyway no time for word play. Uninstall the wad then install it, it should work, especially if it comes from the guide, that guide is a bible for wii stuff.

11. razorback78

Member razorback78 GBAtemp Maniac

Philippines
    after reading your post, i can see you managed to install cIOS38rev14 using patched ios36 with no issues at first. in this statement alone i can see you have no stub ios249 because you managed to install cios249. you have even uninstalled 249 after installing it then reinstall it again. in my opinion it seem that your must try a different cIOS38 rev 14 installer. you may find one here: http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=5958.

12. kitt050383

Member kitt050383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    run one of the sign-check apps and post its log here so we can see what up with your wii... I have a feeling that even though you said TruchaBug is also restored on IOS36 it's not!!!

-kitt050383

13. razorback78

Philippines
    he told in his post that he had a successful installation of cios249 using ios36 which means he has a patched ios36 then. though better run signcheck to verify.

14. kitt050383

Member kitt050383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States

I do realize that however I have run into issuse where people have said they has a successful instalation just to find that the stub was still installed in some strange way.. ya i know weird impossible right but 100% true,,, wouldnt believe it myself if it didnt happen to me whilst modding my friends wii...

had to use dopios-mod to install ios 236 as it where then use that with the newest version of anytitle deleter mod by red squirrel to delete the ios 249 an 36 installed my cios to 249 using wad manager multimod using the ios 236 than using the cios to install the nus downloaded copy of ios 36.. why 36 because for some reason i was unable to replace it with the trucha patched one...

so ya it was a screwy day workin on a wii but thats the only way I could get the job done for some reason.... (yes i know dopios-mod has a stub remover.. it just wasant doin the trick for me)

-kitt050383

15. razorback78

Philippines
    i see your point. well it is up to the OP, if he wants to resolve his issue, all true info should be stated. anyways posting the signcheck results will show what cios/ios his wii currently have so knowing this will eventually lead to the next step for resolving his problem.