bjpluch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I cannot seem to fix my issue.

My wii works loading the following games.- Golden eye, animal crossing, new super mario bros, mario kart wii.

I cannot play zedla twilight, or skyward sword, along with super mario galaxy wii.

Skyward sword gives me a black screen, after doing the play.dol thing for the motion plus, and twilight/super mario give me the error:
Ios (249)
Returned (ret=-1)

Also I'm using configurable usb loader v7.0 ios 249 running on 4.3u wii menu

any ideas???

thank you.

bjpluch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm seriously going insane I really want to play legend of zelda. I also added 2 games Metriod prime trilogy, and brawl. same Error. Somebody please help!!!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
which cIOS type/version/base are you using?
Did you enable the "block IOS Reload" setting?

If you don't "block IOS Reloading", then you need to manually watch the Motion+ video ONCE (once for all the console, no need to rewatch it on each games).
After watching the video, if you don't use "Block IOS Reload" then It should return to system menu (not display an error).
After watching the video, you don't need to set the game to load it, just load the game as usual.

"Block IOS Reload" is a feature available since d2x v4

Did you check the settings available in the loader you are using? (find something about the IOS reloading)
Did you try another loader, to know if it's a loader problem or your setup ?

bjpluch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
which cIOS type/version/base are you using?
Did you enable the "block IOS Reload" setting?

If you don't "block IOS Reloading", then you need to manually watch the Motion+ video ONCE (once for all the console, no need to rewatch it on each games).
After watching the video, if you don't use "Block IOS Reload" then It should return to system menu (not display an error).
After watching the video, you don't need to set the game to load it, just load the game as usual.

"Block IOS Reload" is a feature available since d2x v4

Did you check the settings available in the loader you are using? (find something about the IOS reloading)
Did you try another loader, to know if it's a loader problem or your setup ?

I have watched the motion + video, no luck. The thing that puzzles me is that it's doing the same error with non motion plus games, such as say twilight princess.
I have tried gfx usb loader, no luck. I like cfg usb loader. The thing that also gets me, these games have worked in the past. They don't now for some reason. No changes either just upgraded my memory from a 16 gb sd to a 32 gb.

I tried even wiping my wii, losing everything and re modding it, no luck.

Here's my ios settings, and the error on twilight princess to show you guys.
http://i.imgur.com/4rrsemp.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/DvgpmjE.jpg

thank you

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recommend you use ModMii to install the latest cIOS files in their recommended slots. For example, you're using base 57 in slot 249, which is atypical. You're more likely to have success using d2x base 56 in slot 249. Alternatively, you could try manually using your cIOS 248 (base 56, d2x) with your problematic games.

I also recommend you update Configurable USB Loader to the latest version; I'm hoping it was just a typo when you said you were using version 7.0 of CFG Loader. You can get v70 here. After extracting the contents to your SD card, you should replace boot.dol with the latest version of Configurable USB Loader MOD, which can be found here. Don't forget to rename it boot.dol.

bjpluch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this a wbfs drive? Sounds like the game is corrupted to me.

Yes sir it's a wbfs drive I used wbfs manager 3.0 to put the iso's on. I tried 2 ios of the zeldas from diffrent sources, same error so idk

I recommend you use ModMii to install the latest cIOS files in their recommended slots. For example, you're using base 57 in slot 249, which is atypical. You're more likely to have success using d2x base 56 in slot 249. Alternatively, you could try manually using your cIOS 248 (base 56, d2x) with your problematic games.

I also recommend you update Configurable USB Loader to the latest version; I'm hoping it was just a typo when you said you were using version 7.0 of CFG Loader. You can get v70 here. After extracting the contents to your SD card, you should replace boot.dol with the latest version of Configurable USB Loader MOD, which can be found here. Don't forget to rename it boot.dol.

it is version 70 sorry that was a typo. Modmii doesn't really agree with my computer. So where should I get cios 248 base 56 dx2? Is this the proper file?

rooskie54

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes sir it's a wbfs drive I used wbfs manager 3.0 to put the iso's on. I tried 2 ios of the zeldas from diffrent sources, same error so idk

Then that supports my corruption theory. It's not that you're installing a corrupt iso but that the wbfs filesystem itself is corrupting it during the installation. Someone with more knowledge than me can explain better why the wbfs filesystem corrupts games in certain situations, but it's definitely an issue. I have a reason in my head as to why, but I'm not positive and it's better to keep your mouth shut than to open it and prove your ignorance.

I switched to FAT32 because of game corruption years ago and haven't had a problem since.

Reactions: Cyan

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There's no reason one should use a WBFS drive anymore. It's outdated. They're trouble and produce no gains. Switch to FAT32. NTFS will work too, but choose FAT32 if you're starting from scratch.

it is version 70 sorry that was a typo. Modmii doesn't really agree with my computer. So where should I get cios 248 base 56 dx2? Is this the proper file?
That's not what I said. I said you should use cIOS 249 (d2x, base 56). ModMii will do it for you. While this is best for loading backups, your immediate problems are almost certainly related to the fact that you're using a WBFS drive.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The cIOS you are using to load your games, IOS 249, is extremely old, and is using an abnormal base. I would definitely recommend updating it to the latest d2x cios. If you aren't able to use ModMii to get the latest cIOS files, you can use the d2x installer. Download that and extract the folder to your apps folder on your sd card, like you would any other app. Now download the latest d2x files from here: https://code.google.com/p/d2x-cios/downloads/list?can=3 (Note: You will need an app like 7zip or WinRar to open that zip, windows won't be able to do it natively). Once you have that, extract everything in there to the d2x installer folder on your sd card.

So, you should now have the d2x installer folder in the apps folder on your sd card, and in the d2x installer folder, you should have the d2x-v10-beta53-alt folder (or whatever the latest version is), boot.dol, and the ciosmaps.xml file (along with some other, less important stuff). If that all looks good then put the sd card back in the wii and start up the d2x installer.

Once the installer starts up, navigate through it until you get to the cIOS setting screen, then select the latest d2x version (it should have version 6 by default, go right to select you newer version). Select IOS 56 as the base, and 249 for the slot. Now hit home. It should add that to the batch. Do the same thing again, but select base 57 this time, and use slot 250. Add that to the batch with the home button, then press A to continue. On the next screen, IOSs 249 and 250 should be blinking. If they are, you are good to go, and you can hit A to install.

Once that is all installed you shold try to boot the game again, and see how it goes.

bjpluch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The cIOS you are using to load your games, IOS 249, is extremely old, and is using an abnormal base. I would definitely recommend updating it to the latest d2x cios. If you aren't able to use ModMii to get the latest cIOS files, you can use the d2x installer. Download that and extract the folder to your apps folder on your sd card, like you would any other app. Now download the latest d2x files from here: https://code.google.com/p/d2x-cios/downloads/list?can=3 (Note: You will need an app like 7zip or WinRar to open that zip, windows won't be able to do it natively). Once you have that, extract everything in there to the d2x installer folder on your sd card.

So, you should now have the d2x installer folder in the apps folder on your sd card, and in the d2x installer folder, you should have the d2x-v10-beta53-alt folder (or whatever the latest version is), boot.dol, and the ciosmaps.xml file (along with some other, less important stuff). If that all looks good then put the sd card back in the wii and start up the d2x installer.

Once the installer starts up, navigate through it until you get to the cIOS setting screen, then select the latest d2x version (it should have version 6 by default, go right to select you newer version). Select IOS 56 as the base, and 249 for the slot. Now hit home. It should add that to the batch. Do the same thing again, but select base 57 this time, and use slot 250. Add that to the batch with the home button, then press A to continue. On the next screen, IOSs 249 and 250 should be blinking. If they are, you are good to go, and you can hit A to install.

Once that is all installed you shold try to boot the game again, and see how it goes.

Ok I did this, no luck :( btw when done installing 249 and 250 were green which means it sucessfully installed.

If it means anything I've tried usb loader gx and still no luck. When I select the games that don't work, there is no sound of the intial start up screen, and in configurable usb loader I'm still getting the same ios return error. Blocking the ios does nothing.. Maybe should I use a different program to format my sd card I'm running my games off of? I used wbfs manager, what should I use instead? Thank you

rooskie54

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I did this, no luck :( btw when done installing 249 and 250 were green which means it sucessfully installed.

If it means anything I've tried usb loader gx and still no luck. When I select the games that don't work, there is no sound of the intial start up screen, and in configurable usb loader I'm still getting the same ios return error. Blocking the ios does nothing.. Maybe should I use a different program to format my sd card I'm running my games off of? I used wbfs manager, what should I use instead? Thank you

Like I mentioned above, you need to switch to FAT32 (or NTFS) for your hard drive.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just load them in to Wii back up manager, and use the transfer button to transfer them to your drive, it will handle the conversions and everything.

EDIT: But really, switching hard drive formats probably won't solve anything. It is more just for convenience, so that your computer can read the drive, and you can use it for stuff other than backups. Still, it's worth a shot I guess.

rooskie54

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay. I'll do that and use wii back up manager. Let's see if that changes anything.

Just to be clear, you can store your games as .wbfs instead of .iso (and will have to for larger games if using FAT32). Using a wbfs formatted drive is the issue. The wbfs file extension isn't the same as the wbfs file system.

Just load them in to Wii back up manager, and use the transfer button to transfer them to your drive, it will handle the conversions and everything.

EDIT: But really, switching hard drive formats probably won't solve anything. It is more just for convenience, so that your computer can read the drive, and you can use it for stuff other than backups. Still, it's worth a shot I guess.
Then why doesn't Twilight Princess work? Twilight Princess has worked since the earliest of cIOSes without a hitch. I agree with your suggestions above for his other games like Skyward Sword, but clearly something else is going on here.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, using WiiBackupManager will convert the file to .wbfs files, and even split it in two files if you are using FAT32 and the game is bigger than 4GB. Split files work fine on all loaders, don't worry.

the WBFS format is corrupting existing games already on the partition when you add new games (it's not correctly marking the clusters as "already used", so it's using it for another game and replacing important data).
To verify your games, you can also use WiiBackupManager, there's a "Sha1" option to do that.

old games get corrupted in favor of the last added one. Not always, but it happens. just test them.

Reactions: rooskie54

bjpluch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, using WiiBackupManager will convert the file to .wbfs files, and even split it in two files if you are using FAT32 and the game is bigger than 4GB. Split files work fine on all loaders, don't worry.

the WBFS format is corrupting existing games already on the partition when you add new games (it's not correctly marking the clusters as "already used", so it's using it for another game and replacing important data).
To verify your games, you can also use WiiBackupManager, there's a "Sha1" option to do that.

old games get corrupted in favor of the last added one. Not always, but it happens. just test them.

Thanks I had no idea wii back up had that tool to check. Making some progress now. I can get twilight to work again. Now I'm downloading the wii games again, as of course my luck the place where the wii game files were stored (on secondary computer external hard drive) decided to stop working today aha.

So for now I'm hoping the other games will work now as well. Thank you guys for your help I really appreciate it and I'm sorry if I came off as a noob I'm fairly new to hacking wii's as I just bought my wii to hack a month ago. Thank you! I'll update to let you all know if I get the other games mentioned working

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s