illinialex24

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Does this brick your Wii. Having a downgraded IOS15 on startup of the Wii (from the trucha bug restorer, after downgrading IOS15 so you can run a patch on IOS36), does that cause boot2v4 to brick the system menu and will that affect the recovery menu if it does?

illinialex24

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I know but from what I understand because I had preloader but specifically with the diagnostic disc check off and the block update patch running off an IOS with no trucha bug to run Brawl from the recovery menu and then load stack smash and then run TBR. The thing is, when it exits, it code dumps so the install is fine but it resets the Wii. So I need a way to make sure it doesn't brick if its downgraded.... And I dont have boot2v4.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IOS15 has nothing to do with the System Menu. At worst that particular IOS would cease to function if it was left downgraded, but I don't think that even happens.

illinialex24

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I know that but from everything I have heard about boot2v4 is that the new boot2 version checks IOS versions and the system menu version in a manner of speaking, is it just the system menu and the system menu IOS or is it more to see if its downgraded past a certain point, which is why you can't have 3.3U or stuff on a boot2v4 Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.