Hacking IOS0 anyone?

paulstevens

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I googled and searched this site for IOS0 but found little by way of explanation.

What is IOS0?

AFAIK, it showed up when I used muzer's install IOS51 program that downloads IOS51, patches it, then installs it on the wii. I used the app from BIG MOEs awesome install package, and after completing the IOS51 install, IOS0 also showed up in TitleLister.

Any ideas? Should we care?

Also, there are two "?" channels that show up not in the main wii menu but in the "channel" section in the DataManagement area. These are in addition to the HBC and BigMoes gamma launch channel. I don't know when those "?" channels showed up. I only noticed them just now but would speculate they are a result of the gamma installation activities and/or starfall. I also installed the other gamma launch channel included in BigMoes package, so perhaps one of the "?" channels corresponds to it, but I'm unsure what the other "?" would be for.

I suppose I could delete the "?" question mark channels in the DataManagement area and see what happens.

Thank you.

Jytach

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The ?? channels are custom channels. There is a known bug on most custom channels that won't let the config menu recognize them.

About the IOS0, I don't know. I will see if I have it.

paulstevens

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No DVDX on mine. I only did the HBC, CIOS stuff, Starfall, IOS51, and two gamma launch channels, one of which shows up in the datamanagement area (Gamma Autoboot Fix002 H1-BM50 shows up nicely), one of which does not (v0.3_Gamma_auto_Launcher_Channel.wad). So I'm not sure what the other "?" question mark channel is. (I'm assuming one question mark is for the v0.3_Gamma_auto_Launcher_Channel.wad)

I'll see if AnyTitleDeleter might shed some light on this. (hidden titles perhaps)

Thanks for the replies.

paulstevens

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
digitydogs said:
Did some digging... as near as has been figured IOS0 has something to do with waninkoko's FS dumper.

I saw that but have never used the FS dumper. Perhaps he used similar code in the cIOS36_rev07 installer to set that off?

I also installed cios_fix.wad even though I did not have to downgrade (box was at 3.1U). I found I could not do the downgrader app w/o first installing cios_fix.wad.

I presume that subsequently running cIOS36_rev07 installer overwrote the cios_fix.wad into IOS249.

Something in there may have popped up that "?" question mark and/or IOS0.

paulstevens

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before we stray too far off I should restate that I believe IOS0 showed up after I ran Muzers IOS51 installer.

So perhaps muzer or patchmii uses some code portion that had the same effect as some FS Dumper code portion...

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok so here is IOS0's cause according to wiibrew

ISO0 only contains a TITLE.TMD which is the fakesigned super user TMD used by Waninkoko's FS Dumper. It gets installed when the program runs the ES_Identify() command with that TMD. The Title ID itself is essentially fake.

So anything using this method to gain super user install privileges would result in ios0

paulstevens

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
> So anything using this method to gain super user install privileges would result in ios0

Would patchmii fall in that category? That is the foundation of the IOS51 installer.

ps I hope I'm not wasting bandwidth here, but this is all very interesting. Thanks.

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It may use it. in fact i wouldn't be surprised if it did since it is patching various IOS's, id imagine youd need higher than normal access to do so.

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh boy, it suddenly did got on my Wii too.

Even a broken/no banner save. With Zelda TP content in it.. (00010000-525A444A)

And a 'Downloadable Channel' called 'g'. (00010001-52583345) Title Version 1 ,0.61MB.
(P.S. what about the 'Downloadable Channel' called: " the City" 00010001-414E4352) Title Version 1 ,0.64MB. )

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fishears said:
i've got two ?? channels too... what the "F" are they?

I believe the ? channels just show as "?" because the images within them aren't properly compressed. I have a nice animated SNES forwarder that shows up this way in data management because of this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0