FlygonPKMN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi,
I have deleted (accidently) IOS 56 or 58 on my wii.
then my homebrew channel wont start up anymore.
Now my photo channel and my shop channel wont work.
I am on 4.3e Waninkoko and i have no homebrew channel anymore.
Will the IOS return if i uptade to the normal 4.3e.
Please Help

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
Before you update do you have any forwarders installed e.g. usbloader. if so replace the boot.dol in that folder with one for a mod manager and re-install your IOS that way.

FlygonPKMN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
also not
EVERYBODY PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!
cry.gif
cry.gif

I have still wii points!!!!!

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clarify something for me. Your Homebrew Channel won't start up or you don't have the Homebrew Channel anymore? If you still have the Homebrew Channel on your Wii, then a normal system update should restore your IOS58 without touching your Homebrew Channel, restoring full functionality.

If you don't have the Homebrew Channel, Priiloader, or Bootmii installed as boot2, then your situation is the same as having a brand new 4.3 Wii; you will need to re-softmod it. This means that you require copies of either Lego Indiana Jones or Yu-Gi-OH 5D's Wheelie Breakers in order to reinstall the Homebrew Channel.

FlygonPKMN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I DOnt have homebrew channel everymore cause it wont start up i deleted it (i know its stupid i'm just 11 years old)
now photo channel anD shop channel wont work anymore.
When i select it my wii goes back to the system menu.

But is anyone sure that my wii doesn"t brick if i utdate my wii from 4.3e waninkoko to 4.3e (nintendo)
I will only date it up if anyone knows if it will brick or not.
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
(if i have bad english ya know i am from the netherlands and i am just 11 years old)

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You know, you're really lucky that you didn't delete IOS36. Get one of the games needed to install the HBC (Brawl, Lego Indiana Jones, or Yu-Gi-Oh 5d's Wheelie Breakers), and use it to reinstall the HBC; the installer should check which IOS's are present and configure the HBC to run off a present IOS.

mike333

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
As Lacius said. Use game exploit to reinstall HBC or launch some IOS management software and reinstall missing IOSes.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want the Homebrew Channel back, you will need either Lego Indiana Jones or Yu-Gi-OH 5D's Wheelie Breakers. In the meantime, I recommend performing a normal system update in order to restore functionality to your Photo Channel and Shop Channel. Performing a system update should not brick your Wii.

FlygonPKMN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks everybody
I will update my wii now because i'm now sure.
I already was looking for indiana jones or yu gi oh(I heard that super smash bros brawl exploit doesn't work for europe)
Thanks everybody

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
davidsl_128 said:
Do you have Smash Bros Brawl/Lego Indiana Jones/Yu-Gi-Oh 5D? Those can load the HBC installer!

And if you update, you'll lose the Homebrew Channel, so updating your Wii would only fix your Shop Channel and Photo Channel.
It is a 4.3E Wii, so Super Smash Bros. Brawl wouldn't work. Also, assuming the Homebrew Channel is version 1.0.7 or 1.0.8, it would not be deleted by a system update. It was, however, deleted by the OP (so it doesn't matter).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo