Hacking IOS stub problem/doubts

Biscottoesse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a couple of IOS stub and I can only use one wad manager, the Wad Manager inside Pimp My Wii, the other ones, I always get without the wiimote in sync, so I can't use it.

I dunno which IOS I should put and how, can someone give me some lights ?

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a couple of IOS stub and I can only use one wad manager, the Wad Manager inside Pimp My Wii, the other ones, I always get without the wiimote in sync, so I can't use it.

I dunno which IOS I should put and how, can someone give me some lights ?
Hi! Are u trying to softmod the Wii?

Biscottoesse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
no, wanna play games on it, I used the letterbomb and I was trying to install the isos so I could play games on it from the usb but when installing some homebrew or things like priiloader I lose the sync of the wimote

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, wanna play games on it, I used the letterbomb and I was trying to install the isos so I could play games on it from the usb but when installing some homebrew or things like priiloader I lose the sync of the wimote
Because you have Motion Plus like me. In that case, i suggest to use PimpMyWii (it has MotionPlus support) and apply the "IOS Hack" from there.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No, DON'T use pimp my wii.
It will break your IOSes and create a mess of internal files.

If you want to install priiloader, use Priiloader installer mod HDE (Hacksden edition).
As it's a recent installer, it will be compatible with wiimote+

Biscottoesse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ty for the answer, that was what I could do in the end, just install manually the wad of the 249 but the problem is that I think there are games/homebrew that need the other IOS and I need put them too, right ? since I still have some stub.
you know some tutorial that explains how to fix them all ?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Users who use pimp my wii often don't understand what they need, so they select "hack everything", which is bad.
It's patching a lot of files, which makes issue with other homebrew, It's updating a lot of IOS which are not needed and should stay at old version.
Newer is not always better.

it's not because you don't have issue that other users won't try incompatible homebrew that you don't use.

Biscottoesse:
You need only the slot249.

Other homebrew who require other slot are OLD and will probably will not work with your Wiimote+ anyway.

You need two cIOS:
249 (d2x v8 or v10, with base 56)
250 (d2x v8 or v10, with base 57)
That's all.
No 236, no other patched IOS.

If you want a Wad manager, use MultiModManager.
If you want to replace stub ... don't.
Don't touch what you don't need to change. Don't fix what's not broken !

Reactions: RCJayce

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Users who use pimp my wii often don't understand what they need, so they select "hack everything", which is bad.
It's patching a lot of files, which makes issue with other homebrew, It's updating a lot of IOS which are not needed and should stay at old version.
Newer is not always better.

it's not because you don't have issue that other users won't try incompatible homebrew that you don't use.

I used the minimal hack option, and i have problems with homebrew that don't support Motion Plus, but anyway. i have a clean Nandbackup just in case. Thanks for the Info.

Biscottoesse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yes, I tried with both but doesn't work, just YAWMM but.. a german version, the english one didn't had support to wimote and german.. I don't speak
ty for the answers so far :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.