IOS problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Kamiyama, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Kamiyama
    OP

Kamiyama GBAtemp Fan

Mar 14, 2007
    Finland
    It's been a while when I installed a WAD and now I think that I have done something stupid.

My Wii was 4.0E with cIOS rev9. I installed couple days ago Pokemon Rumble to my Wii, but it only reboot the system. I readed that it will need IOS56, so I downloaded IOS56-64-v5146.wad and used that. Yay, it worked.

Then today I tried install another WAD, but every time I tried use WAD Manager 1.5 I got some error screen for second, give a black screen and then Wii just freeze totally. I upgraded cIOS to rev17. Still same thing.

For my next move I downloaded Dop-IOS MOD v11.5 and checked some things and tried update IOS56 to latest version. It download some stuff for it, but then there's a error message. -ret 1, or something like that. Ok, that was also in time when I screwed 4.0 installation and needed downgrade my Wii to 2.X and then to back 4.0 for sign bug with Custom IOS Downgrader v1.2. And now I think IOS56-64-v5146.wad was guilty for that because of no any sign bug modifications.

So, do I really need use same thing? That would be way too much trouble, again. Or is there something easier way in these days?

2. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    what IOS are u choosing when using wad manager 1.5?

3. Kamiyama
    OP

Kamiyama GBAtemp Fan

Mar 14, 2007
    Finland
    I can't choose any. I got error message and black screen after that as soon as I launch the Wad Manager in Homebrew Channel.

I have BootMe installed in Boot2 and Preloader 0.29 too, but when I choose IOS38, since that is best IOS for WAD Manager what I have read, the system will freeze.

4. XFlak

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    u r contradicting yourself, are u choosing IOS38, or is it freezing before u can choose

try using IOS249, or IOS36, and see if those IOSs allow u to install wads

5. Kamiyama
    OP

Kamiyama GBAtemp Fan

Mar 14, 2007
    Finland
    Sorry, I mean I can't choose any IOS in WAD Manager because of crash, but I can choose IOS in Preloader.

Dop-IOS MOD v11.5 said something about IOS15 downgrading, but when I choose IOS15 in Dop-IOS MOD v11.5, I got same crash what I got with WAD Manager.

EDIT:
    Oh, well. I used that IOS36 and it seems like I can install WADs with that. Thanks for help.

6. XFlak

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    glad 2 hear u got it working, but u are still contradicting yourself!