IOS Help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Stiff, May 28, 2009.

May 28, 2009

IOS Help by Stiff at 4:52 PM (1,364 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Stiff
    OP

Newcomer Stiff Member

United States
    Ok so last night I fire up bannerbomb and use hackmii to install the HBC. Works great. Then I threw the .dol for IOS36 v10 on an SD card and load it up. The first time I tried the install, I didn't select internet connection, and I didn't have a wad on my card. After it errors out, I tried network install, it makes some passes, applies some patches, then gets to installing IOS and errors out installing ticket with a -2011. This is a virgin 4.0(not 3.4). I tried installing v11 over top and same error. Should I wait for v12 and try it, or should I try the IOS uninstaller and start over, or is there any other options to try?

All help very appreciated.

2. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    the thing is that you need to do some more than just executing the cIOS36_r10 installer, you first need to use Wad Manager to uninstall and then install the IOS36 (the normal one) and then reset your Wii and install any cIOS in .wad format, and that will allow you to run the cIOS36_r10 installer, all of this just because you are on 4.0...!! [​IMG]

3. Stiff
    OP

Newcomer Stiff Member

United States
    Sounds good enough. So run wadman from the HBC, uninstall any IOS, then install the "normal" IOS.

Can you point me in the direction of that?

then reset my wii. Then use wad man to install any cios wad. Then run the official cIOS36_r10 installer and use the network option.

Doesn't sound too bad for the benefits you reap. Thanks I will give it a go.

4. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    no not ANY IOS, it has to be the IOS36-64-v1042.wad, cause it is the one Wad Manager hangs from when no cIOS is installed, and this especific version has the fake.signing bug still on it...!! [​IMG]

5. Stiff
    OP

Newcomer Stiff Member

United States
    awesome so just uninstall IOS36.

What IOS36 is the normal one? There are a few revs floating around.

6. Slimmmmmm

Member Slimmmmmm GBAtemp MoNkEeE

United Kingdom