Hacking ios downgrader on V3.1e reboots the wii

BMasterP

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hello, i modded a lot of wii's, everyone got his or her favorite method. i'm always installing ios16, then The Cios rev7 or 8, then normally i would run ios downgrader i believe v1.0 the one that came with the softmii 0.95 version.
on all my wii installs this worked out perfectly, but in this wii's case(and it's my first V3.1) it says press the a button to begin the install, and as soon as i press the a button it says press any button to restart.

does anyone now why? i've searched for half an hour on the forum, but the only 2 thing's that i found is that it is either a bug, thus a problem not solved in this version i have
or what i've also read, is that my ios's don't need downgrading?

can anyone tell me what or how, and with the awnser an explanation would be nice
smile.gif

tnxx

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Why would you need to run ios downgrader on a 3.1 machine? Are you actually aware of what it does? It's for firmwares above 3.2 like 3.3v2/3.4 when the trucha bug was blocked. Basically, this is good for backups which were patched with wiifri or region changed before.

And a cIOS is needed to run ios downgrader anyway.

pspmte

Trophies
XP
Country
3.1 to 3.2
install ios249
Install ios30 from 3.2 update
Just all a system menu v290 from 3.2 update
Then preloader .29
Then cioscorps or a wad backup loader ect

Job done

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I just use ARC offline to upgrade the firmware to 3.2.

Strange that cios249 installer doesn't work on 3.1 firmware which was a pure virgin set. Had to be at 3.2 first.

BMasterP

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Bloodlust said:
Why would you need to run ios downgrader on a 3.1 machine? Are you actually aware of what it does? It's for firmwares above 3.2 like 3.3v2/3.4 when the trucha bug was blocked. Basically, this is good for backups which were patched with wiifri or region changed before.

And a cIOS is needed to run ios downgrader anyway.

Yeah bloodlust tnxx for this reply, i knew it was for patching the ios's to reenable the trucha bug, onlything i didn't know was that the 3.1 didn't had the trucha bug fixed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)