Hacking IOS Downgrader ERROR! ret=-1 searched like mad

black.death

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I viewed the wii cios error code .pdf to see what would be wrong but my card is formatted correctly, the files are there, and a WAD folder exists. Why won't IOS Downgrade download any of the tickets?

My wifi is connected correctly, I even tried using to different wireless connections and the error remains.
I have The Homebrew Channel working.
I'm running 3.3U and trying to downgrade to 3.2U

1. I installed IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad using Wad Manager
2. I then used Custom WM to install cios_fix.wad
3. now IOS downgrade will not even install the necessary IOSs, the download tickets come up with ERROR! ret= -1

I have tried this now for two weeks at least a dozen times and nothing ever changes, searched on here, checked google for IOS Downgrader error= -1 to no avail.

I really have no idea why this isn't working.
hate2.gif

I greatly appreciate any help.

black.death

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the link. i saw that earlier. Step 1 in his guide is identical to what i have posted so I'm guessing that I will have the same problems again. but i will try anyways.

thanks for the help.

black.death

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone know what's up? IOS Downgrader will not load tickets for whatever reason. I even do a successful internet test before running the program and still this does not work.

BustANut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same exact issue. It ended up being my wireless router.. I have Verizon Fios and i had to reboot it. Once rebooted I was able to run both IOS and CIOS without any issues..

Carji

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same problem. I've tried the steps countless times now. But I keep getting the ret=-1 error.

srmagus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure the internet connection you are using for this is the first one in your settings and delete the others. I had the same problem and this fixed it.

bugg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
black.death said:
I viewed the wii cios error code .pdf to see what would be wrong but my card is formatted correctly, the files are there, and a WAD folder exists. Why won't IOS Downgrade download any of the tickets?

My wifi is connected correctly, I even tried using to different wireless connections and the error remains.
I have The Homebrew Channel working.
I'm running 3.3U and trying to downgrade to 3.2U

1. I installed IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad using Wad Manager
2. I then used Custom WM to install cios_fix.wad
3. now IOS downgrade will not even install the necessary IOSs, the download tickets come up with ERROR! ret= -1

I have tried this now for two weeks at least a dozen times and nothing ever changes, searched on here, checked google for IOS Downgrader error= -1 to no avail.

I really have no idea why this isn't working.
hate2.gif

I greatly appreciate any help.

I had this same problem, after digging deeper I found that my WAD folder contained the file 'IOS16-64-v257.wad' instead of 'IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad'.
After replacing the incorrect file with the PROPER file everything worked fine.

QUOTE(annawii18 @ Jan 20 2009, 10:49 PM) HI
I

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM