Apple iOS 9.3.2 jailbreakme exploit

Piluvr

Yeeeet
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You already may have seen the iOS 9.3.2 jailbreak video posted today. The exploit that he is using is publicly available. It is the same that is currently used to crash the ps4 web browser which could lead to a potential ps4 jailbreak on the latest firmware.

Everyone can try it on their iOS devices and you will see that safari will not be able to load the page (tab will crash), where other browsers like chrome will not have a problem with that. Here it is:

https://github.com/WebKit/webkit/commit/98845d940e30529098eea7e496af02e14301c704

After the crash he probably partialy used some of the old jailbreakMe code to do the actual jailbreak and install cydia which is also publicly available:

https://github.com/comex/star_

Since it is already available for public, it will be fixed for 100% in the next iOS release, so hopefully someone skilled will release this jailbreak soon as long as iOS 9.3.2 is still signed or another exploit will be wasted.

I pwned U!

I am pleased to beat you!
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
This is good to know.

Now that I have a Surface Pro 4, I rarely use my iPad 3 anymore, so I removed my iOS 8 jailbreak and updated about a month ago.

Once I sell my iPad, I can now get a bit more money for it, especially after Apple patches this.:P

Reactions: The Cringe

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
IOS is great once you have a jailbreak though.
Completely agree. The only real downfall of iOS is how restrictive it is for a technical user. For its general userbase, I'd probably call it a strength, but it isn't really enough for me. The plethora of custom apps and tweaks really gives iOS new strength.

Just my opinion there though <3

D

Deleted-379826

If I can use this can someone give me a little tutorial I'm a bit confused?

jailminer

Joel? Are you up at 6 AM making a Custom Title?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It still can't do a lot of stuff a non-rooted Android can. And a ROOTED Android?!?!?

FUGGEDABOUTIT
This is because iOS, unlike Android, is user friendly. It wasn't meant for jailbreaking, but here it stands anyway.

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is because iOS, unlike Android, is user friendly. It wasn't meant for jailbreaking, but here it stands anyway.
Android is way more customizable, user friendly and efficient. For example, Multi Window. You can pin 2 apps at once and use them both at the same time. iOS doesn't have that. I can name 20+ reasons why and how Android hardware and software is better.

Reactions: I pwned U!

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Android is way more customizable, user friendly and efficient. For example, Multi Window. You can pin 2 apps at once and use them both at the same time. iOS doesn't have that. I can name 20+ reasons why and how Android hardware and software is better.

Nah.. Both smart phones are awesome. Just our taste. I prefer iPhone for the reason and you prefer Android for the reason. Fair is fair. They just have both positive and negative impacts, thats all. You know what I mean.. PRO and CON. Everyone's a winner. ;)

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
IOS is great once you have a jailbreak though.
I'm curious just how much a jailbreak adds to the iOS experience, besides Retroarch and pirating apps (which can now be done on non jail broken devices.)

From comparisons I've seen and experienced, iOS always tops Android in terms of optimization. Even though the 6S Plus pales in comparison to the specs of most android devices, it usually manages to open apps far faster than Samsung/Moto/Etc phones can. Android hardware is superior yes, but I wouldn't say the bloated Andoid OS > iOS.

On topic, of course an exploit sees the light of day after I fiddle around and waste time with my phone to get Retroarch loading on 9.3 without a jailbreak. Ugh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)