Hacking IOS 58 deleted, homebrew channel crashes

Armar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I had a similar problem to this guy: http://gbatemp.net/t245287-ios-58-installa...iled?&st=15
The WiiMC channel installer wouldn't work because of the IOS 58 that came with Darkcorp
So I used AnyTitle Deleter to get rid of that IOS and had the installer for the official one ready but my homebrew channel crashes to a black screen
sad.gif

I hope I don't have to update my wii and reinstall everything

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
download ModMii (see my signature), from the main menu, enter "H" to begin the hackmii solutions process, then just follow the guide.

basically it will get u to use an exploit to launch MMM, then to use its wad manager to install a clean IOS58, then reinstall the HBC (u probably wont need to reinstall the HBC, since its already installed to use IOS58)

Armar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Will try, thanks for the fast reply !
Awesome program you made btw
smile.gif

EDIT: So far a succes, at first the homebrew channel was flipped upside down (WTF xD) but I reinstalled that and now that's working again.
Now for the WiiMC channel

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
The only IOS58 ModMii downloads is the correct version... r u sure u installed it successfully?

When exactly are u getting the error? Are u launching WiiMC from the HBC or from a forwarder channel? Or are u launching the WiiMC Channel Installer from the HBC?

Armar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
MMM and Anytitle deleter both show that IOS58 is installed it was v6176
And I'm trying to launch the WiiMC Channel Installer from the HBC, WiiMC itself works but I can't get the channel to install.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
it sounds like it's either the HBC init. bug causing apps with "no_ios_reload" in the meta.xml to fail when no internet connection is set up... or, it's a bug in the installer, I remember reading about ppl having problems getting the installer to work

try installing my WiiMC forwarder channel, its looks exactly the same as the official WiiMC channel, the forwarder dol has some subtle differences, but my version is in wad form, so u can install it using a wad manager

http://gbatemp.net/t205622-x-flak-s-top-wii-channels

edit: if u can get WiiMC to launch properly from the HBC, then I doubt its the HBC init bug.

Armar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ok I got it to work with your WAD
smile.gif

But when after starting WiiMC from the channel it gives me a warning that I didn't get before.
The error preppy much sais I have a modified IOS and that might affect performance.
It doesn't say what IOS :s and it comes back every time (I could ignore it otherwise
tongue.gif
)
Thanks for your great help so far
happy.gif

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
weird problem to have considering u installed a non-fakesigned IOS58... I think darkcorp is somehow affecting it. I recommend using ModMii to download and install all active IOSs. You can do this by using the ModMii wizard... if u just want active IOSs and nothing else, tell it that it is not a virgin and say no to all the other downloads (alternatively u can just download all the active IOSs from download page 1), if u want to rehack your Wii and update all your softmods, tell the ModMii Wizard that your Wii is a virgin.

I personally tested my WiiMC forwarder out on my Wii yesterday, running off of a clean IOS58 and using the latest WiiMC. I was even able to load a dvd, proving that the forwarder provides direct hardware access. The only difference between our set ups are our other IOSs (u likely still have a bunch installed from DarkCorp)... but those IOSs shouldn't be accessed... so like I said, it's a weird problem to have... I mean, it's possible Tantric added a check so that WiiMC will give ppl a warning if it detects any corped IOS on your Wii... but that would be weird.

Armar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
XFlak said:
I recommend using ModMii to download and install all active IOSs. You can do this by using the ModMii wizard...
I'll do that tomorrow, it's getting late (I live in europe)
Darkcorp was helpfull at first but new games and homebrew have problems with my pretty old install of it
mellow.gif

Thanks
yaywii.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2: