Hacking IOS 223 problem?

Ghork

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Whenever I use the usb loader and tries to boot a game with IOS 222 or 223 I get a black screen then after a pretty short while the wii reboots the wii menu/homebrew channel..
Why does this happen? can I fix it?

(I use the usb loader gx)

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ghork said:
Whenever I use the usb loader and tries to boot a game with IOS 222 or 223 I get a black screen then after a pretty short while the wii reboots the wii menu/homebrew channel..
Why does this happen? can I fix it?

(I use the usb loader gx)

it is a bug in cIOS 249. If you have 249 set as your global boot and use 222 for an individual game, it won't always work. If you set your global boot to 222 and then try a different cIOS for an individual game, it'll work fine. If you change your global boot, make sure to exit out of your loader and restart it so that it loads the proper cIOS.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
which revision of the loader are you using?
you should install the latest revision if you are not on it already. Latest revision is 715.
If you have v1.0 that is like revision 3xx. cIOS 222 support was not in it at that time.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Is the Wii pretty new? There seems to be a running theme with new Wiis not supporting Hermes' IOS222/223 even if you boot the loader with them. This will apparently be fixed soon with a new version of IOS222/223 according to this post.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1