Homebrew IOS 202 support removed from WiiMC?

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this mean that for anyone wanting to use WiiMC for any application that you do not need any patcehd IOS or anything else installed excpet the app itself? Not even 249? I hope the feedback is good because Homebrew deleted so many apps recently.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's right, you don't need IOS202 anymore. It still have a few bugs, but it works now, and like the new homebrew channel, it's using the unpatched IOS58. If you want to play DVD's, you need to start WiiMC from the new homebrew channel 1.0.8.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
smashdude said:
Oh crap, it must be from 1.0.8 for certain? Can it be on my friend's 4.2 Wii or must it be on 4.3 as well?
(Latest) IOS58 and HBC 1.0.8, that's what you need. The menu doesn't affect anything.

And learn to search, thanks.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am searching for firmware upgrader right? For the Homebrew upater when I turn on my friends Wii so I can upload it (the HBC from 6 to 8). I believe i need an app for that. But I will try searching.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
smashdude said:
I am searching for firmware upgrader right? For the Homebrew upater when I turn on my friends Wii so I can upload it (the HBC from 6 to 8). I believe i need an app for that. But I will try searching.
NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOO FIRMWARE UPDATER!!!!!!!! Start the latest Hackmii Installer and install/reinstall the homebrew channel.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So then I should use neither IOS for this app? Or is IOS 58 still needed? You said it is slower than 202 and since 202 has been removed I am guessing that 58 might have also been removed or at least is not needed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.