DERP!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Right, so I've just upgraded to an 8GB iPod Nano and want to protect it, the full body Invisible Shield looks awesome, I know a few people have them for their DS here and maybe there are some ipod/mp3 owners with them also, so any comments on how they are holding up? They look good but I was worried that they might start to peel away at the edges or something?

The cheapest I can see them for is $20 shipped on the ShieldZone site. Anyone know of anywhere cheaper?

smile.gif

Darkforce

DERP!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
*Bump* No one?

Need replies! With the rate flash memory is dropping in price by the time I get some answers my ipod will be worth less than the invisible shield!

biggrin.gif

sfunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've recently bought something similar for both my DS and my iPod at www.bestskinsever.com. The application process is kind a confusing at first but after I got it all sorted out I was very satisfied. There are no instructions given and it's shipped in a regular envelope but there are instructions on the site and the skins arrived in perfect condition (except for one of the skins, but they promptly shipped me a new one without even asking for the damaged one. They even threw in a free body skin for my brother's phone. The reason it was damaged wasn't even their fault, it was my postman's so yeah, customer service is also pretty good.) Anyways, it's been a week or so since I've applied them and I have to say that I'm very satisfied, especially with the iPod skin. It looks and feels great and tough. I'd highly recommend them and their prices beat invisible shield's by a good deal too.

A side note: Their DS touch screen protector wasn't great but I didn't really care because I already had another one.

Edit: I feel the need to clarify the damage part because on my second read through it seems kinda confusing. The skins were not bent or anything, it's just that part of the skin stuck to the invoice because the postman ripped the plastic part of the envelope that shows the address causing rain to get through causing the skin to stick to the invoice. It wasn't even a big deal, there was just a blotch of paper stuck to the skin making the whole invisible aspect of the battery cover of my DS Lite skin null. That was an extraordinary circumstance I think so I wouldn't be worried about the shipping aspect of their skins.

Darkforce

DERP!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow I had heard of bestskinsever but I didn't realise how much cheaper they were - only $8.50 shipped vs $20 for the IS. Apparently the material is exactly the same, I think the only difference with IS is you get a get a bottle of soap solution and the guarantee.

Just remembered DecalGirl do case wraps and there's a couple of nice designs on there, expensive though at $15 shipped ($9.25 to ship a sticker?!).

Anywho I went with a wrap from BSE, cheers for the help guys.

smile.gif

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Invisible Shields are amazing. I have one wrapped around my iPod that is in perfect condition. I had to get a replacement once because my iPod broke and I took off the iS. Just send it back to iS and they send out a new one.

That being said, if anyone's looking to get one for the DS Lite, I have a new package iS screen protectors for sale!
smile.gif

Darkforce

DERP!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Awesome, got my BSE today (only took 4 days shipping!), I've just applied it and it already looks fantastic even though it's not dried yet.

I've also got an ipod sock on the way, just for the icing on the cake so to speak. I heard the silicon skins/cases attract a lot of dust, not to mention they look kinda ugly IMO. Though I'm not too fussed about shock protection... I've dropped my old 2GB Nano (2nd Gen) twice - once onto concrete from about 4 foot and it was fine. Maybe I got lucky lol.

Will post again tomorrow with some pics once the skin has dried properly.

smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1