• Cryptocurrency Warning:
    The risks of trading cryptocurrencies are mainly related to its volatility. They are high-risk and speculative and it is important that you understand the risks before you start trading. They are volatile: unexpected changes in market sentiment can lead to sharp and sudden moves in price.
    Please be aware that any information provided here can be the opinion of the author. Trade at your own risk.

Investors Realize Nintendo Doesn't Make Pokemon Go, Stock Drops

pg.png

Since Pokemon Go was released, Nintendo has been all up in that money. With a century-record under their belt, it's safe to say the executives at Nintendo were rolling in the dough...that is, until investors realized that Nintendo themselves didn't make Pokemon Go.

The Stock dropped a whopping 18%, resulting in a loss of $6.7 billion market value for Nintendo after their record breaking $4.5 billion surge on Friday. The stock dropped after announcing their 13% "economic stake" for the app itself.

:arrow:Source

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the numbers are correct from what I have been reading Nintendo will still make a billion or two from Go over the next 2 years (assuming it doesn't fizzle)

Either way it's fun to watch.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either way Nintendo stock would of gone down eventually as fads like this die out. Pokémon Go shows how out of touch Nintendo is. Although I am shocked investors didn't even check out the facts before evaluating Nintendo stock.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------
Never mind

Last edited by RevPokemon,
Reactions: gnmmarechal

Fabax01

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Oof! Taken down!
STOCK? The money the INVESTORS dropped. It's here somewhere.

Edited Pokemon red script.

dreary79

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Pokemon license will increase in value so much from Go that there stocks may not continue to drop. Even if they do they should go back up again. Between deals with chains like McDonald, toys, video games, collectable cards, clothing and other collectables Nintendo is going to make a lot of money on the Pokemon license. Hopefully they don't screw this up like they did with the Wii U.

Reactions: fluffykiwi

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
AFAIK, Nintendo is one of the shareholders of Niantic anyways. So to some extent, Niantic belongs to Nintendo, Google and some others*.
Google, Nintendo and The Pokémon Company (also partly owned by Nintendo) invested into Niantic, along with smaller amounts by venture capitalists.

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah, because Nintendo NEVER suppervised or validated or given any directives about the game, OF COURSE Nintendo is not involved AT ALL an don't own any part of Pokemon compagny, game freaks, or Niantic... yeah... Nintendo didn't made anything of pokemon go... yeah... damn how stupid it sound when you say it ! x)

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was surprised when I heard it was Nintendo's stocks that rose from this, I suppose it makes alot more sense now

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I was surprised when I heard it was Nintendo's stocks that rose from this, I suppose it makes alot more sense now

Investors saw it was popular and thought popular == profit, Ive heard allot of investment is also handled by computers now which doesnt help.

It was just a matter of time before something happened to cause the shares to decline.

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.