ROM Hack [Investigation] O3DS Internet Browser on N3DS

storm75x

Remember that thing I don't remember? Yeah, that!
OP
Trophies
__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲͡ ̲__
Website
www.fort42.com
XP
Country
It is possible to do a browser timewarp on O3DS, but what about N3DS.

O3DS Internet Browser ID (EUR): 0004003000009D02
N3DS Internet Browser ID (EUR): 0004003020009D02

I ran a test by installing O3DS Browser (v4096) on N3DS and it replaces the current browser. However, the application itself cannot be launched (possibly due to different ID's/0004003020009D02 is missing).

Would it be possible to fake the cia id of O3DS browser into 0004003020009D02?
Also I don't know if the memories are allocated differently on N3DS compared to O3DS, if so then spider exploits might not work even after successfully installing 0004003000009D02 v4096.

Any thoughts?

Reactions: Margen67

Necrojinsei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really enjoy the concept and think that it would be greatly beneficial to the scene to find a means to downgrading the browser to the previous exploitable version. But if it were to be done it has to be done in a unique way that isn't going to be as easy as downloading the previous version.

The only thoughts that make sense to me is to create the old browser as a stand alone and modded cia, but the problem with that is that it uses Nintendo's code and could potentially cause issues. I hope that you or others find a way around these problems, best of luck.

Reactions: Margen67

storm75x

Remember that thing I don't remember? Yeah, that!
OP
Trophies
__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲͡ ̲__
Website
www.fort42.com
XP
Country
Try to start the cia with the devmenu
It never works with any of the browser apps. It must be ran from the system menu only.

I really enjoy the concept and think that it would be greatly beneficial to the scene to find a means to downgrading the browser to the previous exploitable version. But if it were to be done it has to be done in a unique way that isn't going to be as easy as downloading the previous version.

The only thoughts that make sense to me is to create the old browser as a stand alone and modded cia, but the problem with that is that it uses Nintendo's code and could potentially cause issues. I hope that you or others find a way around these problems, best of luck.
Another way this could work is through custom cia, it can ultimately launch Gateway from sysNAND or a custom spider-like app that functions like the browser offline (executing payload, etc). However this is only a dream until ticket.db is exploitable for legitimacy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol