Inverted colors after unsuccessful installation of ARM9loaderhax

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by wiredtissue, Jan 6, 2017.

1. wiredtissue
    OP

wiredtissue Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2017
    United States
    Hey guys. this morning I decided to downgrade my 3DS from 11.xx to 2.xx (sorry, I don't have it on me right now) and I went to install arm9hax. my browser crashed and so after pressing the select button and waiting for a minute to pass by, nothing happened so I turned it off. once I turned the 3ds back on, both screens show inverted colors and i'm not exactly sure what to do. it is fully functional but the screens are experiencing a very bizarre display. what should I do?
    thanks

2. Jhnsn

Jhnsn *Flat is Justice*

Sep 1, 2016
    Australia
    Check if a9lh is installed. If not, install it again. Screen distortions are normal (at least I read that, haven't encountered such a case). Set up your cfw. Then restore your backup and update.

3. wiredtissue
    OP

wiredtissue Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2017
    United States
    This is a really dumb question (complete n00b to 3ds cfw) but how do I check whether a9lh is installed or not?

4. Jhnsn

Jhnsn *Flat is Justice*

Sep 1, 2016
    Australia
    Do you have arm9loaderhax.bin on your sd card? Try to hold select while booting. If it loads something, you have a9lh installed.

5. wiredtissue
    OP

wiredtissue Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2017
    United States
    Nope. unfortunately not; I did all of the steps again but no luck with the same screen distortion. if anything, my bottom screen has a green color with some of the text visible while the top screen flashes on/off with green color.

6. Jhnsn

Jhnsn *Flat is Justice*

Sep 1, 2016
    Australia
    Check if you have the right files on your sd. Then try again. Loading safea9lhinstaller is not really stable.

7. wiredtissue
    OP

wiredtissue Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2017
    United States
    Is there an alternative file opposed to safea9lhinstaller?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Actually - here's something mind-blowing. I turned off power-saving mode and now the display is perfectly fine. so here's my real question-- when i'm trying to perform the browser exploit, I can see code on the screen for less than a millisecond and then it goes away and i'm brought to a black screen but the installation is still unsuccessful (I held the select button before powering ON and it doesn't bring me to what it should but it brings me to the regular 3ds menu)... what should I do? i'm sorry for the dumb questions.

8. Jhnsn

Jhnsn *Flat is Justice*

Sep 1, 2016
    Australia
    There is the a9lh folder and there is a .bin in the files9 folder. On the root are arm9.bin, arm11.bin and arm9loaderhax.bin. Maybe some files are missing. Look at 3ds.guide - and try again.
    At least that problem is solved.

9. Hyoretsu

Hyoretsu Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader

Jan 17, 2016
    Brazil
    Copy the contents of this zip to the root of your microSD, excluding the arm9loaderhax.bin and try again.

10. wiredtissue
    OP

wiredtissue Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2017
    United States
    Awesome! it worked. thank you so much, I really really do appreciate it.