Invalid GPT Signature (Fusée)

Mochaa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently bought a new 256gb micro sd card, I had a 126 with atmosphere installed on it and running fine, but I wanted to start fresh. So I followed a guide for fusee-gelee again, but after making a 29gb emummc partition and trying to boot into emunand, it gave me a pkg1 error/invalid gpt error/HOS too high error.
The HOS is 13.1.0, so I can boot into sysnand, but emunand didn't work. I don't really care about getting banned anymore since I'm getting a safe switch lite, so I decided to just use sysnand, but when I inject the fusee.bin payload (not through hekate) it gives me an invalid gpt signature error. If I use hekate, it'll work fine, but if I reboot to payload within atmo, it'll give the error as well.
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated, though a big part of me thinks it's just a cheap sd card so I've already ordered another one-

Last edited by Mochaa,

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might be wrong but make sure your new sd card is using MBR not GPT you can use minitool partition wizard to convert your card to MBR.

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have this same problem.
SD is MBR.

I followed this guide (NXNandManager method):
https://rentry.org/EmuNANDNewSDcard#nxnandmanager

But i didn´t move contents from /RAW1/ folder into the /ER00/ folder, because the NanDManager didn´t create one.

//Edit: Solved the issue by editing emummc.ini, emummc sector needs to be changed to the new SD card one.

Last edited by [Truth],

Mochaa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might be wrong but make sure your new sd card is using MBR not GPT you can use minitool partition wizard to convert your card to MBR.
The filesystem is MBR, but the previous problem I was having just kinda.. stopped? But now if I use around 50-60 gb on the sd card, it just unformats and I need to format the card again to use it

Edit: The new card came and is having none of these problems, so I'll take it-

Last edited by Mochaa,

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can you explain: changed to sd card one? (for idiots :rofl2:)
Follow this guide:

When you are finished, open the emunand on the new SD card in NxNandManager and note down the first sector:
1647880193843.png

Open emummc.ini in /RAW1/ on your new SD card and edit in the new sector.

qhalidx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia

thewhitetyger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Follow this guide:

When you are finished, open the emunand on the new SD card in NxNandManager and note down the first sector:
View attachment 302681
Open emummc.ini in /RAW1/ on your new SD card and edit in the new sector.

There has never been a "/RAW1" nor any "/RAW?" directories/folders for our SD card. Are you referring to the internals of the emummc? Not all have a flat file system (yet), some of us still have the RAW partition for the EmuMMC. Also when you click on the NXManager, you have to highlight the "USER" partition from the left side of the App in order to get to the first sector of the 'USER' partition, not the start of the boot partition.

Cheers though, you've helped get this far to upgrade the SD card for our switch. Kudos and appreciate it!

I'll look for this folder in the EmuMMC, but have a bad feeling about tinkering with files in a boot sequence even if it is just to point to a different sector.

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There has never been a "/RAW1" nor any "/RAW?" directories/folders for our SD card. Are you referring to the internals of the emummc? Not all have a flat file system (yet), some of us still have the RAW partition for the EmuMMC. Also when you click on the NXManager, you have to highlight the "USER" partition from the left side of the App in order to get to the first sector of the 'USER' partition, not the start of the boot partition.

Cheers though, you've helped get this far to upgrade the SD card for our switch. Kudos and appreciate it!

I'll look for this folder in the EmuMMC, but have a bad feeling about tinkering with files in a boot sequence even if it is just to point to a different sector.
You are right, it's not in the root of SD card, it's in /emummc/ folder.

thewhitetyger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are right, it's not in the root of SD card, it's in /emummc/ folder.
Awesome, TY. Just trying to ensure others in the future don't tear their hair/fur out due to a one-off subfolder. No one told me that and I try to mess with as little as possible that I'm not sure of. Will be more observant next time, cheers to ya.

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Awesome, TY. Just trying to ensure others in the future don't tear their hair/fur out due to a one-off subfolder. No one told me that and I try to mess with as little as possible that I'm not sure of. Will be more observant next time, cheers to ya.
I thought it was obvious, since the guide talks about the RAW1 folder inside emummc folder in Step 19. ;)

thewhitetyger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought it was obvious, since the guide talks about the RAW1 folder inside emummc folder in Step 19. ;)
Sorry that I sounded like I was snapping at you. My bad and IDK guess been losing touch with hacks as of late and felt vulnerable and freaked out over nothing.
See, we never had the emummc folder until started messing about with trying to update the card as we have the stupid partition (still worried over blown e-fuses I finally remembered) for EmuMMC. So, we either get the exact same clone of the first SD card w/o the extra storage space due to the partition, or invalid GPT signature even though everything should have been "fixed" and ran across the info about the NXNandManager.

Next time, I'll try to read a bit further before assuming something. :) We'll get it figured eventually, just the official longest running project electronics-wise is all. Not your fault.

Reactions: [Truth]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol