Hacking Invalid .cia on emunand update

Ragin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm trying to use big bluemenu on N3DS to install 9.5 emunand update. But When I click to install the .cia it says invalid .cia. Any clues? I'm really not sure what could be wrong with it. I got it from a pretty official thread with all the updates. Got my version and got the N3DS one.

Ragin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because I have a n3ds? If i update it will go to 10.2 and N3ds only support up to 9.5. So I have to manually update to 9.5 to use freemultipatch.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is there any chance I need the old devmenu.3ds in order to update to 9.5 on a N3ds? I read a tutorial saying i could use bigbluemenu but, it could have just been made with old 3ds in mind.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Do not use BigBlueMenu

Use Sysupdater

Even better, read a tutorial about how to update your emuNAND and follow every step.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You have to get the 9.5 update pack from some iso site, uncompress it, place the updates folder in the root of your SD card, install sysupdater.cia in emunand, and run it.

That's how you update to an specific version, system settings update will take you all the way to 10.2 and break it.

Ragin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh is sysupdater a program? My bad. I'll look it up. I thought you meant sysupdater, as in, THE system updater. Like the consoles updater.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
oh is sysupdater a program? My bad. I'll look it up. I thought you meant sysupdater, as in, THE system updater. Like the consoles updater.
I can see how you'd think that, good luck :-)

The problem (as I understand it) is big blue menu will try to install every CIA (which causes problems) whereas sysupdater will only install the ones not already installed

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can see how you'd think that, good luck :-)

The problem (as I understand it) is big blue menu will try to install every CIA (which causes problems) whereas sysupdater will only install the ones not already installed

Actually is the other way around, BigBlueMenu can't write a cia when another one with the same name is already installed, so you end up with a partial/Frankenstein update, sysupdater will overwrite every cia, updating every app properly like the system settings does.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Actually is the other way around, BigBlueMenu can't write a cia when another one with the same name is already installed, so you end up with a partial/Frankenstein update, sysupdater will overwrite every cia, updating every app properly like the system settings does.
Thanks Tony, that makes complete sense!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1