Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Introducing the GBAtemp Download Centre

Your one-stop shop for all your flash kit needs

If you thought "v3" was all we had in store for 2007, then think again. The GBAtemp staff are proud to unveil the latest addition to GBAtemp - the GBAtemp Download Centre!

The new download section will cater to all your flash kit related needs. You'll no longer have to scour slow Asian servers to grab the most recent or past flash kit firmware and software, tools and files. You'll now find all you want right here at GBAtemp.

Here's a brief look at what the Download Centre offers:-
  • Clients, Loaders & Firmware for every available flash kit
  • Cheat DAT files for various kits,
  • All the DLDI files you'll need,
  • Homebrew database,
  • Save Game files,
  • Skins for your flash kits,
  • Useful Tools & Utilities,
  • Trainers & ROM Hacks for both GBA, NDS and other systems,
  • And more!
And what's best of all? The database is maintained by YOU!
Maintaining GBAtemp's community spirit, the Download Centre is updatable by all members. What does this mean exactly?
  • A new home for your homebrew, skins and creations...
    • Free file hosting,
    • Download page dedicated to your creation,
    • Write your own description in your own maintainable page,
    • Ability to upload screenshots,
    • Read comments on your file,
    • Check statistics...
  • Search the entire Download Centre,
  • Rate files,
  • Add and read comments,
  • Create your own favourites list,
  • Receive notifications on file updates,
  • ... and more!
We hope you appreciate the work we've put in to building this, but more importantly we hope that you'll join us in filling the categories with more downloads! We want to see skins, homebrew, tools, cheats, trainers, hacks and more.
If you're submitting a file to the Clients, Loaders & Firmware or Tools & Utilities categories, entries here will be subject to staff approval, so don't be surprised if they don't appear straight away. Thanks in advance for co-operating.

If there's some more categories you'd like to see, then just let us know!

To get started using the download system, if you're using the new v3 skin; hit the link in the banner, otherwise hit the link in the navigation box on the portal or follow the link below.

icon11.gif
GBAtemp Download Centre

If you have any problems with the system let us know, but remember; the download system will be moderated and anything that contradicts the forum rules will be removed and users involved will be punished appropriately.

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mm, it's nice but I think the theme section is lacking. I mean, automatic previews really aren't that hard to make... Especially with PHP. And you can't sort by color or genre. Pah.

- Sam

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Mm, it's nice but I think the theme section is lacking. I mean, automatic previews really aren't that hard to make... Especially with PHP. And you can't sort by color or genre. Pah.

- Sam
I doubt we're ever going to see enough skins to warrant such a feature.

And besides, this isn't a custom coded download system. That would require heavy modification. But hey, if you're volunteering...
biggrin.gif

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
This is awesome.
hrth.gif

Yea, the skin section could be better with code specified for that section, but I think it'll be fine the way it is. Much better than using Mavis's site or posting in the 75-page R4 DS Skins topic.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wow, go the 'temp.

I will try and lead by example but could people that post also do sources for apps and such if they exist (just a tarball or some such), it gets very annoying trying to hunt down a source (or worse some custom libraries) a few months/years on when something is rapidshared or based on a free server that has long since blown up.

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I doubt we're ever going to see enough skins to warrant such a feature.

And besides, this isn't a custom coded download system. That would require heavy modification. But hey, if you're volunteering...Â
biggrin.gif
If the ImageMagick library is installed on the server you can simply get a large image of a DS and use the composite function to overlay the two images.

- Sam

Edit: In fact, scratch that. If you have all those features then the thing I'm making for RomNet will be no better than yours...
tongue.gif

rrc2soft

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was going to upload DSZhongwen, but the file limit is in 2000Kb, and my basic "pak" is around 8Mb :'(

It is possible to have a higher limit for homebrew?
smile.gif

Schyzophrenic

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I never post much since I never feel like I can bring something interesting to the discussion... But this is too big to remain silent
wink.gif

I really want to thank GBA temp staff for all the hard work ! You guys rocks !

As a developper I've been planning to get started onto homebrews. I guess I just found where to post my releases now !

By the way, in addition to the download center, why not add a specific section with tips on programming for the DS ? I know we can find such intel in forums, but it would be a good new dedicated section to go with
smile.gif

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
rrc2soft: try again now
smile.gif

Schyzophrenic: good to see developpers around!
Don't forget that when you release a new version of your homebrew apps/games, we can also post news for you.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't forget that when you release a new version of your homebrew apps/games, we can also post news for you.
Yes that's the icing on the cake, most homebrew posted will be posted straight on our home page! Even more of an incentive to use our system!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo"