Hardware Interworks 3 in 1 Wireless Pro U Controller Mini Review!

Bonny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
3in1-controller-for-wii-u-wii-android-classic.jpg

This wonderful piece of hardware! :P I recieved it yesterday. I recently purchased it over ebay. You can also find this item at Amazon and some other shops.

Official Feature List:

• The Interworks Classic Controller Pro for Wii U and Wii is a Wii Remote, Classic Controller, and Pro Controller all-in-one convenient controller
  • Xbox 360 styled ergonomic grips allows for player comfort during FPS gaming and complex jumping runs in Super Mario Bros
  • Additional row of shoulder buttons expands on control options in-game
  • Rechargeable battery & Vibration functionality & Classic Layout!
  • Controller comes in white to match your existing Wii equipment

What's in the box?

• The Controller
  • A Mini-USB-Cable (for loading the internal battery)

I personally, bought it for my Wii, cause i don't have a Wii U. I needed a good classic controller with analog sticks for Wii/WiiWare/VC Games and all the emulation stuff, and this one only costs 25 Euros include shipping.

To make it short: It is a really good controller. All buttons and the sticks are accurate. It also works as a real Wii Remote, but only as long as you don't need to connect a Nunchuck - cause this is not possible. It has 2 switches on the back, so you can select if it should function as a Wii Classic Pro Controller or as a Wii Remote.

But be aware: This Controller can't function as a Wii U Pro Controller on a Wii U. On a Wii U it also just functions as a Wii Remote or as a Wii Pro Classic Controller. Thats a backdraw, of course... but it's still nice for a Wii, and also for a Wii U if you use it in Wii Mode.

It has a internal battery, that can be charged throu an Mini-USB port. Before i used it, i charged it about 90 Minutes (until it's red led turned green). After 45 Minutes of playing it was empty :unsure: I can only hope the running time extends after a few recharges :glare: If not, this is the worst downside. Would really be a shame, cause it's really a good controller. I'll keep you updated.

Pros:
  • Good Wii Classic Pro Controller
  • Nice for all Emulations on the Wii (or on Wii U in Wii mode)
  • Better build quality that i expected
  • Vibration and Tilt Sensors
  • Really registers and performes as a real Wiimote ( as long as you don't need a Nunchuck!)
Cons:
  • Can't perform as a real Wii U Pro Controller on a Wii U.
  • Internal Battery was empty after 45 Minutes of playing (after the first charging! i can only hope this extends! I'll keep you updated.)
Anyone else here has this Controller :blink:

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was a thread about these a few days ago, they said the D-Pad was really bad, registering up when you push right or something like that. How's it been working for you?

Bonny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i ordered one of these for vwii the one with snes colour buttons it hasn't arrived yet . that sux so bad about the battery if it's true....

I also got the one with the SNES colors. :P I really hope the battery life extends after a few recharges... if not, i'll open it and take a look what kind of battery has been built in... maybe it's just some kind of standard AA(A)-Battery, if it's that way, maybe it can be replaced :unsure:

There was a thread about these a few days ago

:cry: Damn.

they said the D-Pad was really bad, registering up when you push right or something like that. How's it been working for you?

Can't agree. The best D-Pad ever was the one of the original SNES Controller. IN MY OPINION. The D-Pad of this Controller isn't totally perfect, but it's accurate and works. I can't complain at all. I really really hope the running time of the battery extends, it really would be a shame if the controller turns out to be useless because of this :sleep:

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, maybe there are good ones and bad ones out there. (or maybe you're less demanding of the d-pad :))

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got one of these in gold, and I can't really say I'm a fan. Battery is entirely terrible, and it seems to 'forget' the system if I let the battery die completely (use it for more than half an hour or leave it sitting for more than 12-16 hours). Not a lot in the way of control issues, although the IR works worse than most third-party controllers. I'd be disappointed if I'd paid more than $12 for it.

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got one of these in the Super Famicom/PAL SNES colors and must say, it works great in some cases but I find it doesn't work well in others.

The D-Pad problems persist with me (especially in emulators), it keeps registering down when I press right and stuff like that. Also, if you use it in any homebrew, it will not register if you use it in Classic Controller mode (there is a switch on the back for Wiimote / Classic Controller). So you need to use it in Wii-mote mode, which then requires a bit of button re-mapping, especially in emulators. Also it will occasionally not sync up to the system, but pressing the reset button and re-syncing it fixes that. It's completely random and rare, not sure what does it.

I really like the feel of the controller and the layout, but it's just a shame that the d-pad is bad and it doesn't feel as good as an original SNES controller. The only games I use it for are games that are Classic Controller enabled like Xenoblade Chronicles, N64 Virtual Console games and NSMB + DKR. Feels more comfortable than the Wiimote pr classic controller to hold, but it just doesn't seem as precise when using retro emulators like Snes9x GX, leaving me to use my retroport adapters. It might just be a homebrew problem though.

The battery life doesn't seem too bad, although sometimes it takes longer to charge before being able to turn on. Not sure if it is my cable though.

Bonny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
(or maybe you're less demanding of the d-pad :))

Guess, you can say that ;)

I've got one of these in gold, and I can't really say I'm a fan. Battery is entirely terrible,

Yep, also the second charging is empty after 45 Minutes - Without Rumble activity. The Battery is sure complete trash! I opend the pad and...

sam0003105nugk4et.jpg

sam0004sle3znwh1i.jpg

... inside was this battery :hateit:. On the back of the controller you can read: 3.7V / 250mAh. Is there anyway to get such a battery, so i can replace it?

That hurts. The Controller was really working for me and my peronal demands. You can even play Gun-Shooters with it, instead of using a Wiimote :( But if the battery is total crap... is there anything i can do?

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Shame. I have one of the SNES ones too. Never used it though. Oh well. Good thing I got it cheap on eBay.

I guess it could always be used with a very long USB cord connecting it to the Wii U, thus providing a constant charge. Like the "good old days" of wired controllers. Now that's retro!

Bonny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I guess it could always be used with a very long USB cord connecting it to the Wii U, thus providing a constant charge. Like the "good old days" of wired controllers. Now that's retro!

Guess thats possible.. but really sad.

That would be the power requirement to charge the battery. 3.7v @ 250mAh.

So that means exactly... :huh:

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
250mAh is the batteries compacity which is darn right pathetic. i now have a choice of getting the corded cc pro that plugs into the mote OR just keep the wii and use the wireless wavebird...so far option 2 is looking like it :glare:

DarkenSX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm that battery looks like a cordless phone battery with that connector you might find a higher capacity one if thats the case just means charging will take longer but play time will be exended as well btw ps3 controllers use a 3.5v battery pack unsure the mAh though but it may have same connector.
Edit: Its a Li-Po Battery Pack the controller uses and they make higher mAh as well with same connector and volts :) Btw FYI It's A R/C Heli Battery Lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM