Internet, TV, and Phone all costing too much

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by BORTZ, Jul 18, 2010.

Jul 18, 2010
  1. BORTZ
    OP

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    I have a little dilema i need help with.
    Right now, our internet is bundled with our landline phone and TV. The TV service is $12 and the Internet and Phone are like $120 a month.

I need some way to get rid of the phone line cause its outdated and costs a ton. however the internet can stay and i think the TV needs to stay too.
    heres the deal. i need a way to get internet and Tv without the huge freaking $120 price tag per month. Solutions?

2. Sterling

Member Sterling GBAtemp's Silver Hero

United States
    Who is your provider? Check into the different packages that are being offered.

3. BORTZ
    OP

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    yeah man. My proveder is Windstream. Im really hoping i can find a better deal. Im looking as some big ones right now like Direct TV and such

4. Sterling

Member Sterling GBAtemp's Silver Hero

United States
    We use AT&T Uverse here. My dad said it was pretty cheap, and it is brought in on a Fiber Optic land line, and is put into our house on copper.

You know... for the superior connection quality.

The T.V. is awesome too.

Also, they gave us a Wireless internet router with our package.

5. Wabsta

Member Wabsta you fight like a dairy farmer

Netherlands
    I feel so sorry for americans and their internet (even more for belgians and australians).
    Here, I have 20mbit internet + unlimited phonecalls in the evening and weekend for just 25 a month..

Sucks to be there.
    But srsly, aren't there some "not really illegal" ways to be really cheaper?

6. jesterscourt

Member jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
    Do what I do. Get Netflix and a top tier broadband solution. Know your way around Hulu and other video sites, and then you can cut out the cable. Get magicjack for most of your calls, and then a low rate calling plan for your cellphone. Use Google Voice on your cellphone to save more.