jaxxster

The Heretic
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
So, I'm running vista on my laptop...wireless connection and for some reason my connection doesnt seem to be 100% stable. I hardly sign into msn and when it does the connection always drops and when i download alot of data using grabit my connection always dies. Any help? Thanks

Cheater388

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rest assured that it's actually vista doing this. All I can say is to download the latest patches and service packs; Vista has a new system where the priorities for certain things are different, and I can't fix that.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Uh...really blame it on Vista? How about going to see if there's a new driver for the wireless card on the laptop?

More information would be useful i.e. What are the specs for the computer? What wireless card are you using? What distance are you using the laptop from the wireless router? What kind of wireless router are you using? Do you have any other bandwidth hogging programs opened?

Your system should always be up-to-date. There is ZERO reason for it not to be....and with Vista even if it is pirated.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jaxxster said:
So, I'm running vista on my laptop...wireless connection and for some reason my connection doesnt seem to be 100% stable. I hardly sign into msn and when it does the connection always drops and when i download alot of data using grabit my connection always dies. Any help? Thanks

sounds like your bandwith is being choked with the wireless connection!

are you sharing the wireless connection with anyone else like family pc/neighbour/friend over the road ??

Is your net connection secure? someone could be stealing your bandwith if its not!

wireless isnt the greatest for throwing loads of data over at once they hang and choke and stutter trying to transfer the data other stuff like outside interference can also influence the transfer /location of the base station/router/wifi connection its comming from ..you could also check for spyware/virus files and remove any that you maby find
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: