Gaming Internet connection error

Zonix

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi. I bought a new Pc in pieces today. Installation went like a dance on roses. But when I was going to download some drivers off the net. I saw that internet didn't work. I try to install the network hardware thingy from the "Add hardware" thing on the control panel. But I only get a "Limited or no connectivity" error. The nefwork thing is intergrated and I've tried transferring that drives to my new Pc by downloading them on my old one and transfer using a Usb stick. It works but the instalation wizard only tells me to shut off and insert the PCI card. Help me.

moose3

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Limited or no connectivity normally refers to an internet connection, while hooked into the jack or connected wirelessly, not getting past a router or switch. Such as not getting the proper DHCP information.... are you by chance using wireless and you have not told the router to expect signals from the new comp? Or is your router set to really high security such that even wired connections need to have their MAC Address listed?

If it's integrated into the motherboard, then the response from the installation program seems like it was meant for a different card... Was the device manager saying there was a problem with the original drivers loaded, as in a yellow sign with an exclamation point?

Zonix

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
moose3 said:
Limited or no connectivity normally refers to an internet connection, while hooked into the jack or connected wirelessly, not getting past a router or switch. Such as not getting the proper DHCP information.... are you by chance using wireless and you have not told the router to expect signals from the new comp? Or is your router set to really high security such that even wired connections need to have their MAC Address listed?

If it's integrated into the motherboard, then the response from the installation program seems like it was meant for a different card... Was the device manager saying there was a problem with the original drivers loaded, as in a yellow sign with an exclamation point?

I'm using a wired connection, and we're not really using a router it's a modem thing that the splits up the connection so you can put more cables in it. The device manager have none of the signs. But when I tried to install the other two network things from Add Hardware it says that they don't work and they do have the sign.

I looked through the CD that I got with the motherboard and I found the drivers and stuff there. It's working now. Thanks for the help
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night