Internet arguing sucks

Discussion in 'The Edge of the Forum' started by MaHe, Sep 14, 2007.

Sep 14, 2007

Internet arguing sucks by MaHe at 9:04 PM (1,261 Views / 0 Likes) 19 replies

1. MaHe
    OP

Member MaHe one lazy schmo

Slovenia
    I've been kicked off a forum I've been visiting for five years now ... time to find a new hobby. [​IMG]

2. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    Five years...wow dude, that's suck.
    Ask to get back on.

Yeah...fighting on the internet is stupid and pointless.

But, I will say, it is sometimes entertaining.

3. MaHe
    OP

Member MaHe one lazy schmo

Slovenia
    Nah, I don't want to go back. In fact, I never liked that forum (it's in my local language, so telling you the URL would be pretty much pointless), but it had the largest user base in my country ... I kept visiting the Consoles section only though. [​IMG]

4. VVoltz

Member VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Bolivia
    I've been on a forum for 5 years.... this one.

On topic: You can stay here for another 5 years!

5. Seccom Masada

Member Seccom Masada GBAtemp Regular

Antarctica
    Time to make a retribution multi!

6. kellyan95

Banned kellyan95 Banned

United States
    I was banned from a DS/GBA site before, I just changed my IP and got a new handle

7. Maktub

Member Maktub GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Spain
    Oh gods, kellyan95 just unveiled he's a troll previously banned from gbatemp!! ban him with no proof to support my insane theory!!!

Hm... yay.

8. kellyan95

Banned kellyan95 Banned

United States

How did you know?!?

9. Mucuna

Member Mucuna GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    Agreed!
    But when you have a calm and objective discussion you can learn a lot. [​IMG]

10. Jax

Member Jax Pip Pip Cheerioink!

Portugal
    Obligatory:

[​IMG]

11. ceraphis

Member ceraphis GBAtemp Regular

United States
    you're so wrongzor, arguing on the internet is so teh awesome! TAKE THAT! YO MAMA! PWNEDDDD!!!

Actually....I agree, its very annoying. The worst part is, although I try hard to avoid arguments, sometimes the things people say really grate on my nerves and I can't help myself but argue with them. The worst is when someone says equivalent to "Your opinion sucks poo and I'm right, nyah nyah!", because I love rationally discussing differences in opinion.

It's also sad when people mindlessly insult each other over the internet, ever. Mostly because you know they wouldn't dare say some of the things in person, likely because they would get a black eye or worse. Yet they say it anyway.

Even worse than insults over a difference in opinion is really bad insults. Like "is this guy serious, thats the stupidest thing I've ever heard". For example, I saw this thread where one guy called the other a pansy. Ok, fine but why? Because "the pansy" was asking if any stores carried a certain cable, and that he was a pansy for not ordering it online. There was no justification. I remember a hilarious bit by lewis black where he talked about this type of thing, where you're in a store and you hear someone behind you say the most idiotic thing you've ever heard, so you turn around to ask them why they would say such a thing, but they're gone and you never find them. So the sheer idiocy sits in your brain, unexplained...how could anyone ever say or think such a STUPID thing?!? and it drives you mad over the days, weeks and months until the point you shoot yourself just to stop the pain.

With that said, whats the most idiotic thing you guys have read over the months or years you've lurked forums?

12. Legend

Member Legend .missing

Canada
    Go read the Sony vs. Nintendo thread. (Click me)
    I must warn you though, the sheer idiocy of what people say to eachother in that thread is suicide-worthy.

:Edit:
    It's actually rather amusing - Jimmy J, ZeWarriorReturns, Vampire Hunter D, Cubin' and Linkiboy all go at eachother's throats for about 6 pages. Then the amusing part kicks in; they all get frustrated with their own idiocy, and decide to stop participating in the thread.
    The best one is Jimmy J, who actually say's "screw y'all" as he leaves. What a polite individual.

Sigh... if only more people would consider suicide, these days.

13. ZeWarrior

Member ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Brazil
    http://116.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Advent_Nebula/fail.gif

14. jimmy j

Member jimmy j Awesome for hire.

United Kingdom
    Dude, I posted just once in that entire thread. You make it sound as if I was the main contributer. All I said was that the argument was a dumb one as both companies are taking a completely different approach to the industry, then I left.

And the screw y'all comment was just a little bit of banter mate. When I say stuff like that, just take with a pinch of salt [​IMG]

15. ceraphis

United States
    ya know, misinterpreting the tone of people who post things in forums is the source of 90% or more of all arguments online.

And by the way that statistic is 100% straight out of my a!

16. .::5pYd3r::.

Member .::5pYd3r::. Viva La Pizza

Australia
    ooooh thats a really tite pic

17. nintendofreak

Member nintendofreak Around. Shoot me a PM.

United States
    [​IMG]

Plain and simple!

18. ceraphis

United States
    That little girl is showing the....erm....horsemoose who's boss.

Caption: "n00b, you stuck behind that internet tube! LOLOLOL"

19. jimmy j

Member jimmy j Awesome for hire.

United Kingdom
    It looks like that little girl has just turned around to find a horse in her face [​IMG]

Aaaaaaaaaaaah! [​IMG]

20. deathfisaro

Member deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    The earlier you figure that out, the better.

I do participate in internet arguments, I have mindset of

"I'm assuming these guys are all morons, I'll jump in and troll to make some people pissed off, make them waste their time and leave."

The truth is, I don't have to do anything, people piss off each other and waste their time without me jumping in. Quite amusing you know.

It's so easy.
    "I've just played Bioshock for couple hours, totally sucks waste of my time only losers play this game"
    Angry bots come in and fight, just reply "I downloaded it via torrent, waste of my bandwidth and HDD space"
    After couple dozen posts just abandon the post, before that quote the most active user's longest post and say "Yeah you're absolutely right, I've never thought of that way. You win. But the game is still rubbish"

Even if it's your third time playing it, using only hacking to get rid of enemies on your pre-ordered copy of 360 Bioshock, try it and see how well some bots can team kill.

There were couple incidents something similar to above happened in PS3 forum, psfanboys were fighting psfanboys (Ha! idiots), and people referred them as taking in too much Nectar (Haze reference)

It's so funny, I've written FF6 FAQ, and if I go into the message board and troll, people would have no idea what I'm doing.

I've never did this on GBATemp, well maybe when I was asleep who knows.