Hardware Internal Wii Motion Plus

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know for a tutorial to install the Wii motion plus add-on into a standard Wiimote.
I came across a tutorial ages ago (before I bought my Wii motion plus) but can't find the page again.
I could try to just wing it but I'd much rather have a step by step tut.
tongue.gif

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Bladexdsl said:
why not just buy the mote with it built in their available now?

Wheres the fun in that??

Ive got 3 standard wiimotes + Wiimotion plus' and i'm only planning on doing it to 1 (if it works well I may do the others too)
I just can't find that tutorial I remember seeing it on some site when the wii motion plus device was first released, but cant for the life of me find it again
tongue.gif

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ploggy said:
Does anyone know for a tutorial to install the Wii motion plus add-on into a standard Wiimote.
I came across a tutorial ages ago (before I bought my Wii motion plus) but can't find the page again.
I could try to just wing it but I'd much rather have a step by step tut.
tongue.gif
...do you mean there is a possibility to take the sensor from motion plus and build it into the normal wiimote? That it is like one of these new wiimotes with motion plus always inside? This would be great!

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Exactly like that, I just cant find the site again.
every time I search now it brings up the ready combined wiimote+
frown.gif

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ploggy said:
Exactly like that, I just cant find the site again.
every time I search now it brings up the ready combined wiimote+
frown.gif
Oh man, I bought one because I thought this would be impossible, well I will search now, this would be helpful because I don't really like it to have only 1 wiimote with motion plus build in.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, I decided to have a go anyway and the results are quite weird.
It turns out the Wii Motion Plus circuit board is quite small, which is good.
I cut off the female port of the Wii Motion Plus as there's one in the Wiimote to solder to.
I managed to solder the male port of the Wii Motion Plus into the female port of the Wiimote and every thing seems to fit.... (with a bit of cutting of the Wiimote case)

Now for the weird part..

In the games I tested (Wii Sports Resort) games like Frisbee Golf and Bowling (basically all non Nun-chuck required games) work flawlessly and calibrate perfect.
But games like Archery and cycling doesn't recognise the nun-chuck when connected.

But here's the kicker.. all other non Wii Motion Plus games that require a Nun-chuck like Mario Galaxy work fine..

So that's as far I got and tbh I don't mind that it doesn't work with Archery and such, I just hope there's a chance that it works with Skyward Sword when it comes out although I doubt it will.

I would've posted pics but I don't have a camera
tongue.gif

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I managed to find a way around the non working Nun-chuck issue.
I solder the female connector of the Wii Motion Plus back on and routed the wires out of the back of the Wiimote, it's not as tidy as I'd like but at least it's still smaller than the Wii Motion Plus add-on
tongue.gif

http://img839.imageshack.us/g/img0061ac.jpg/

Sorry about the quality....but you get the gist.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: