Hacking internal wavebird

d8thstar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone have any clear directions and pictures of how to do this mod?

all of my searches lead to a walk thru on maxconsole forums but the link is dead.

thanks

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that does sound cool but limiting the potential of the wavebirds. considering i BARELY play gamecube anymore though, it sounds like a fun mod.

d8thstar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Close but that's the internals of a GameCube. The wifi GameCube port soldering points on the board are different

d8thstar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Figured it out but having an issue.

Load up a GC game, turn on the wavebird, press a button and I can see the light go on on the receiver but no button presses are passed to the game. Other than the light on the receiver, nothing else seems to work.

Confirmed both wavebird and receiver are on a he same channel. In fact, I tried all 16 channels, all behave the same way.

Any thoughts?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Load up a GC game, turn on the wavebird, press a button and I can see the light go on on the receiver but no button presses are passed to the game. Other than the light on the receiver, nothing else seems to work.

Confirmed both wavebird and receiver are on a he same channel. In fact, I tried all 16 channels, all behave the same way.

Any thoughts?

Are you using Nintendont? If so the wavebird has to be on first and I *think* it requires native controls be turned on, but I'm not sure.

JacksonS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Any thoughts?
Have you tried it by loading a retail GC disc through the disc channel? Does it work in the homebrew channel? If there's no activity at all, you probably just mis-wired the controller data line between the receiver and the console.

JacksonS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Controller also doesn't work in the home brew channel. The light comes on when I press a button but no movement. FYI, a wired controller works fine.
The GameCube controller only needs ground, 3.3 volts, and data to work. It sounds like 3.3v and GND are okay because it's getting power. Make sure your data line is wired to port 1. If you have one, use a multimeter to test continuity between that data pin on the Wii and the data pin on the receiver.

d8thstar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
update. ordered a new wavebird receiver and everything is now working. seems I may have shorted the original receiver somehow during all my wiring testing.

thanks all for the tremendous input!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: