Tutorial Internal modchip - SAMD21 (Trinket M0, Gemma M0, ItsyBitsy M0 Express) Guide, Files & Support

tecfreak

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Switchgamer90
Pin 4 is used to wake up the trinket from a deep sleep state in which it is most of the time. Only at a coldboot if the line connected to pin 4 changes from LOW to HIGH (RISING), the trinket is waking up, doing it's job and immediately after that going back into the deep sleep state until the next coldboot.

Last edited by tecfreak,

Switchgamer90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Switchgamer90
Pin 4 is used to wake up the trinket from a deep sleep state in which it is most of the time. Only at a coldboot if the line connected to pin 4 changes from LOW to HIGH (RISING), the trinket is waking up, doing it's job and immediately after that going back into the deep sleep state until the next coldboot.
Joxley192 mentioned 5-6 posts ago that he put a switch to manually turn on/off the trinket m0. So if i am understanding this correct we dont need to put that additional physical switch because that job is done through pin 4?

tecfreak

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Joxley192 mentioned 5-6 posts ago that he put a switch to manually turn on/off the trinket m0. So if i am understanding this correct we dont need to put that additional physical switch because that job is done through pin 4?
No, you still need to connect pin 4 to the tiny cap or the testpad on the other side of the motherboard.
The reason why you install an extra magnetic switch is to ensure that the trinket doesn't drain the battery which can happen after an extended period of time if the switch is not in use. Even if the trinket is in a deep sleep state, it still pulls a small amount of energy.

EDIT: Maybe you could forego connecting pin4 to the motherboard if you trigger RCM manually and rewrite the trinket code so that it just triggers the exploit and delivers the payload after it has been powered on by the magnetic switch.

Last edited by tecfreak,
Reactions: Switchgamer90

Switchgamer90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, you still need to connect pin 4 to the tiny cap or the testpad on the other side of the motherboard.
The reason why you install an extra magnetic switch is to ensure that the trinket doesn't drain the battery which can happen after an extended period of time if the switch is not in use. Even if the trinket is in a deep sleep state, it still pulls a small amount of energy.
Ok. That answers my question. So we would be placing the magnetic button flat on the board so it can pressed with the back cover in place?
Edit: nevermind i got it

SaggyBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone know if this would work with an Arduino board? Like the Mega, Nano, etc.? Is there something that the trinket M0 has (other than its small size) that the arduino boards don’t? Thanks!

Last edited by SaggyBeans,

mrdude

Trophies
XP
Country
@jakkal - Spookily enough I've just came out the shower 5 minutes ago, also sheets are in the washing - house has been hovered/dusted etc - and pretty clean. I'd say my hygiene was pretty on the ball, so I'm not worried in the slightest!

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@jakkal - Spookily enough I've just came out the shower 5 minutes ago, also sheets are in the washing - house has been hovered/dusted etc - and pretty clean. I'd say my hygiene was pretty on the ball, so I'm not worried in the slightest!
no one cares

thats wat im trying to say. Why are you worried about a random person's nails?
anyway i wont take part in your crappy attempt at a thread derailment

Reactions: capitaineflam25

Talha_Yilmaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey, does anyone know if the Trinket 3v (blue pcb and no "m0" written on it) has a way to open the bootloader drive like the Trinket m0? I accidentaly bought the blue one and i was not able to access the drive. I tried 3 Win10 mashienes and 1 Win8 all with USB 2.0. The red LED flashes like it suppose to do also.

Attachments

• 1500-06.jpg
    1500-06.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 253

X41

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
@Talha_Yilmaz
No, you need the Arduino IDE to program that thing. Just read the manual.
this has nothing to do with the arduino IDE

Hey, does anyone know if the Trinket 3v (blue pcb and no "m0" written on it) has a way to open the bootloader drive like the Trinket m0? I accidentaly bought the blue one and i was not able to access the drive. I tried 3 Win10 mashienes and 1 Win8 all with USB 2.0. The red LED flashes like it suppose to do also.
this board won't work. the chip on that is a ATtiny85 instead of a ATSAMD21 and does not support acting as a USB host device as far as i know (plus the available code is incompatible with that)
you're gonna have to spend another 10 bucks on a Teensy M0 instead or wait for custom boards (or get some other small ATSAMD21 board, most of them should work but i don't know any that would fit)

Reactions: Talha_Yilmaz

link42586

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I put an on/off switch onto the trinket does it need more code for that to work? Or can I put it in between the battery so it just cuts the battery on/off. Not sure how that all works.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Julie_Pilgrim and they don't wear out, so you never need to replace them, they don't take up...