Tutorial Internal modchip - SAMD21 (Trinket M0, Gemma M0, ItsyBitsy M0 Express) Guide, Files & Support

Okisub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Have any observations been made about how quickly it drains the battery while the console is in sleep mode or fully off?

Last edited by Okisub,

AgoraphobicNosebleed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just finished mine. If anyone's interested I'll post a link to the case files.
IMG_0371.JPG IMG_0371.JPG IMG_0372.JPG IMG_0373.JPG IMG_0374.JPG IMG_0375.JPG

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
can someone comment on how this is updated, with new payloads. I intend to run SX OS until a better option comes out.

Think of the SX loader as perfect.

It launches SX perfectly, you can press vol + & - to enable or disable autoRCM and you can launch other payloads from the SD card. Just put the payload.bin on the SD card. Why would you ever need to change it? Maybe to add GPIO pin going to ground to enable RCM. Maybe. You can get into bootloader mode by double pressing the reset button and go from there.

For every use case I've seen, this is the perfect bootloader.

Reactions: jakkal

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. Very possible.

The drill goes like this...

Connect to 4v feed from battery, connect to testpoints behind USB port.

HOWEVER......... The trinket stays powered. So you need a little addition to the trinket (a couple of components) which only let the trinket run for 3 or 4 seconds as power button pressed. Or it will run your battery down eventually. So you need to fit it to another point on board with the other bits that only let it run for 3 or 4 seconds.

I said I`d do a write-up how I`d done mine. And I will. Its just one of them "get round to it" jobs. The pain in the arse comes when you want to update the payload on the trinket. You either need to drill a hole in the back of the switch casing and shield, or it is possible to attach it to the metal shielding on the back and you can just press the back cover to activate the switch as its a tight fit.

It isn`t for the feint of heart but it works. The possibility of killing your switch through bad soldering is huge.
It doesn't just grab power from the USB port? PFth.

Maximize0987

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I am wondering is, once installed and the usb port is removed for clearance how then would someone update it if the needed to? Can they hook up to it by the Nin Switch's usb port? The power concern is how will it affect the usable play time, and sleep mode and even off since that 4v point is always on. I am wondering if there is not a way for it to turn on only when in rcm mode.

salami68

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know of a USB c male plug that is compatible with the pitch of the port on this board? ie, if I were to desolder the USB port I want to find a USB C male that can solder directly in to the old pins on the board

capitaineflam25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Anyone know if a CR2032 lithium battery would be enough to boot up the Trinket ?

Theoretically the Trinket needs at least 3V and the CR2032 should deliver a bit less.

Using a battery holder like this one could be a cheap and compact solution
19B63FBE-CB7C-4B67-BBE1-4C2AF2EC246F.jpeg

Last edited by capitaineflam25,

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know if a CR2032 lithium battery would be enough to boot up the Trinket ?

Theoretically the Trinket needs at least 3V and the CR2032 should deliver a bit less.

Using a battery holder like this one could be a cheap and compact solution
View attachment 133562

Yep. Will do fine.

Joxley192

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My one of my trinket m0 with coin battery and switch works amazing now just need to change the usb mirco female port to usb c male then am of to put trinket m0 inside my switch cos now i now where to power it from with out burning out my trinket like last time i tryed lol

Attachments

• JPEG_20180628_002745.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 372

Joxley192

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Now trinket m0 inside switch with press switch to get it to power on for a couple of second and it loads the sx cfw

Attachments

• JPEG_20180628_121219.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 336
Last edited by Quantumcat,

salami68

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I accidentally got the trinket 3v , not m0 from the store. Im guessing this wont work right? Trying to save myself the drive back but I suspect its the case

Joxley192

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Lol i did the same with my first one and i couldnt not figure it out so i dont think so its totally worth going bk for trinket m0 now made acouple of dongles with it and put one inside one of my switchs now also got it to boot up in dock mod but its hard cause i have to have my press button pressed

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NoobletCheese @ NoobletCheese: ima need to try this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1h2loTN-zM