Tutorial Internal modchip - SAMD21 (Trinket M0, Gemma M0, ItsyBitsy M0 Express) Guide, Files & Support

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I had no issues with the top points, but I did end up soldering vol+ to the button itself instead of using the extremely small resistor.
Vol+ is actually needed for automatic CFW booting too, I remember.. since power + vol+ is needed to enter RCM.
You can enter Hekate's menu by holding Vol- I think, although by default, I believe it boots the Hekate menu anyways. There you can set it up to boot stock or CFW from the menu.

DevilBlackDeath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I had no issues with the top points, but I did end up soldering vol+ to the button itself instead of using the extremely small resistor.
Vol+ is actually needed for automatic CFW booting too, I remember.. since power + vol+ is needed to enter RCM.
You can enter Hekate's menu by holding Vol- I think, although by default, I believe it boots the Hekate menu anyways. There you can set it up to boot stock or CFW from the menu.
Huh directly to the button, not bad either. Since Vol+ is the one that gave me the most pause I might go for this. Is there any pictures or something like that to see where is the point to solder on the button ?

Thanks a lot for the help again and suggestions ;)

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Right on the first page of this thread, second to last image has a picture of the buttons on the ribbon cable. You can just pull it out from under the plastic seesaw button of the case, solder a thin wire to the button contact, and slip it back into place.

DevilBlackDeath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Right on the first page of this thread, second to last image has a picture of the buttons on the ribbon cable. You can just pull it out from under the plastic seesaw button of the case, solder a thin wire to the button contact, and slip it back into place.
Isn't there a risk to burn the ribbon ? Or is that end of the ribbon hardened PCB that can withstand the heat ? Also I assume any of the 4 corners on the picture work from what I understand ?

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
2 of the corners are GND, 2 are the signal pins.. you can only use the signal ones (the bottom 2 in the picture, the top ones are connected to the next button, so easy to identify as GND).
There's a bit of PCB behind it, but it will still burn if you heat it too long.
The way I did it was add a small amount of extra solder to the pin, added a small amount of solder to the wire tip, then held it to the solder point and heated it just briefly. I use a very pointy solder tip and the heating takes at most a second to get them to melt together. Make sure the iron isn't running at 400°C or something, I used 240°.

DevilBlackDeath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
2 of the corners are GND, 2 are the signal pins.. you can only use the signal ones (the bottom 2 in the picture, the top ones are connected to the next button, so easy to identify as GND).
There's a bit of PCB behind it, but it will still burn if you heat it too long.
The way I did it was add a small amount of extra solder to the pin, added a small amount of solder to the wire tip, then held it to the solder point and heated it just briefly. I use a very pointy solder tip and the heating takes at most a second to get them to melt together. Make sure the iron isn't running at 400°C or something, I used 240°.
Thanks, I was just about to ask the temperature you used for this :P Ok all good to know then :) So a fairly low temperature and pretinning the wire and the contact point. Well I'll be back with more questions if I have any once I get my hands on a station but so far you have answered everything ;) Thanks a lot for all the help !

MysticMinion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks guys I managed to install everything properly, That vol+ strap was a pain though

image0.jpg

Last edited by MysticMinion,

Kupie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I plan on installing this pretty soon. Can I just do the Trinket M0 D+, D-, GND and 3v? I only care about having it launch a payload.bin file from the SD on boot with autoRCM enabled.

Reactions: HollowGrams

Kupie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you can but you need a jig to enter RCM if it is not in AutoRCM already.
Thanks! I have an AutoRCM switch that's already banned, so it only boots into Sysnand CFW... all I care about is coldbooting into hekate (which is set to autoboot fusee), none of the other 'extra' features.

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I plan on installing this pretty soon. Can I just do the Trinket M0 D+, D-, GND and 3v? I only care about having it launch a payload.bin file from the SD on boot with autoRCM enabled.
You can but the exrtra wire(S) get you pseudo RCM wich is better.

Hayato213

( -_・) ︻デ═一' * (/❛o❛)/
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, I've been using autoRCM for a few years now and it works great. Just sick of the non-techie girlfriend letting the battery die and trying to answer "how do I power it on again?!" over text while I'm at work

Well you should leave it plug in when not in used, as for when the battery died out you need to charge a bit before you can boot into Horizon OS.

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, I've been using autoRCM for a few years now and it works great. Just sick of the non-techie girlfriend letting the battery die and trying to answer "how do I power it on again?!" over text while I'm at work
Use pseudo rcm and this isn't a thing anymore.

Kupie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you should leave it plug in when not in used, as for when the battery died out you need to charge a bit before you can boot into Horizon OS.
Oh it's an easy enough fix when it happens, and as for leaving it plugged in... can't fix people sometimes.

Use pseudo rcm and this isn't a thing anymore.
Why not just use AutoRCM and solder one less point?

Reactions: HollowGrams

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh it's an easy enough fix when it happens, and as for leaving it plugged in... can't fix people sometimes.

Why not just use AutoRCM and solder one less point?
Because the latter is better. Thats was a solution to RCM issues while keeping it and can still boot OFW if wanted. Its basically the best current setup for V1 unpatched.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    do you look under the buttons of your mouse
    Gift
  • El_Doot @ El_Doot:
    why do your friends look under the buttons of your mouse
    Gift
    they dont it's just that they saw the outside of my mouse and said it was disgusting
    Gift
  • El_Doot @ El_Doot:
    oh wait I understand my braincells have increased
    Gift
  • El_Doot @ El_Doot:
    by 1
    Gift
    funnily enough when i was telling my openly femboy furry bf and my friend(we talk about femboys sometimes) they said "nope we don't wanna hear that that's disgusting"
    Gift
    why is cheeto dust of all things
    the subject that crosses the line
    Gift
  • RichardTheKing @ RichardTheKing:
    Wait, Switch Online now has Super Mario 64, right?
    Gift
    i really hate to say this but
    Gift
    i dont think it does
    Gift
    Huh, makes sense; they did sell that through the 3D All-Stars collection.
    Gift
    Which, last I heard was removed from the eShop...so they might as well offer it again, I guess...
    Gift
    Will they use the same Shindou-translated ROM, or the original English ROM?
    Gift
    googling it, it seems that mario 64 is on the service
    Gift
    in japan they use the shindou version apparently but in the states and elsewhere they use the original rom
    Gift
    oh boy oh boy oh boy i sure do love living in japan and being a mario fan, i just got the new expansion pack, i cant wait to do some bljs!
    +1
    Gift
    From what I've heard about the Expansion Pack, the emulator used has some noticeable input delay and/or lag...would BLJs even be possible?
    Gift
    Apparently Nintendo adapted the 3D All-Stars emulator, instead of their old Virtual Console emulator - or, if nothing else, copying what fans have done.
    Gift
    from what i can seem to gather there's some issues but nothing dramatic enough to severely impact what you're playing
    Gift
    honestly the whole expansion pack confuses me since i thought the nes/snes games were just a neat little bonus
    Gift
  • El_Doot @ El_Doot:
    wait julie your bf is a femboy holy shit im jealous
    +1
    Gift
  • AkiraKurusu @ AkiraKurusu:
    So many planes flying overhead, and they sound close...
    Gift
  • DJPlace @ DJPlace:
    do you need friends to play the games online for the switch exapsion pack i know snes and nes do.
    Gift
    @El_Doot well hey hot people do get more benefits in life
    Gift
  • J @ Jephter:
    Please I need help with this. I just homebrew my old 3ds console and downloaded a CIA file, but after surfing through for only 10 sec or less this appears. please can someone help me? Thank you in advance.
    Gift
    J @ Jephter: Please I need help with this. I just homebrew my old 3ds console and downloaded a CIA file, but...