1. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Check your wiring, if you used a jig and autoRCM you should be able to push the payload on the Trinket M0, if you killed the alternative point for joycon pad then you only have the one on the front of the board left. You can do a 4 wire build and just autoRCM with it, but first you need to find out why your isn't pushing the payload if you used a jig/autoRCM.

2. JimmyRecard

JimmyRecard Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    I want to mod my switch with a trinket M0. I thought everything was clear, but I wanted to read the whole thread to see if I missed something, and the more I read, the more I get confused.

What ist the goal:
    My goal is, that I don't need a RCM jig and the payload is pushed from the sd card. If I only press Power On, the Switch should boot into OFW. If I press Volume + and Power On, the Switch should boot into Hekate.

What I have done so far:
    I have an external Trinket with mattytrogs fusee suite, which pushes the payload.bin from sd card at boot time. I plug in the Trinket via cable, I insert the RCM jig, press Power and Volume +, turn on the trinket, and Hekate comes up.

What I thought I have to do:
    Remove the USB Port and LED from the trinket, solder the Trinket like shown in picture 1 of OP (without volume strap) and have the exact situation like with my external Trinket, but without RCM jig.

Why I'm confused:
    I read from method 1,2 and 3, but what are these methods? I didn't found anything, which says: this is method 1, this method 2 and so on.
    Then I read from battery drain, and this won't happened with method 2. But what is method 2 and will it be possible with my goal?

I hope someone can help me.

3. 16v

16v Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    This is also not my question!!!

Your solutions dont work! This is what im asking!
    It only works when i remove nand!

My M0 works fine, but payload only works when nand is removed.

And yes, joycon pad on the front is used now.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G975F mit Tapatalk

4. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Post a picture of your wiring, easier for people to help you troubleshoot.

5. 16v

16v Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    ???

Its not possible to send payload!
    Rcm only works, when nand is removed!

And when updating ofw i always have to unscrew my switch and remove the nand to get into rcm again.

Payload is sent, but doesnt boot.
    It doesnt matter if its M0, joycon mod, jig, pc.

Last edited by 16v, Mar 31, 2021
  6. FunThomas

FunThomas GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Gambia, The
    i think yes ;-)

maybe you ask again the same question

but you could describe what you tried and what worked and what not

Last edited by FunThomas, Apr 4, 2021
  7. 16v

16v Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    Payload doesnt work!

Only when removing nand!

8. Halvorsen

Halvorsen GBAtemp Addict

United States
    What's an "RCM accident"?

9. LuigiTheHunter

Newcomer

Germany
    Hello guys,

I tried to solder the points with some alternative points, I think I may did not correctly connect one point (ellipse painted white in the picture) and that this point might have been connected to the point painted as a yellow ellipse in the picture. But I'm not 100% certain that these points where connected. I have added a zoomed picture and an not zoomed one:
    AlternatepointsEditedZoomed.jpg AlternatepointsEdited.jpg

The "result" on my switch is now the following: The switch is working in docked mode. But in handheld shows this:
    image-202104221700.jpeg

Nevertheless I tried to solder the "modchip" into the switch for this I did then use the second red point to the right of the white one. I put everything together and noticed that on the right point there are 3.3V but instead only about 1.2-1.4V, did I may broke the power for the chip that talks to the LCD? I also tried a different LCD with the switch so I think its not the LCD itself.

Any idea what might have happend? Or on what might be broken?

10. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Problem might be the ribbon cable, you might have damaged it, that why it is not displaying correctly if the problem is not the display.

LuigiTheHunter likes this.
  11. JimmyRecard

JimmyRecard Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    check page 169 post #3362
    He said, that the right point causes an error.

Is the LCD responding to touches? I killed my LCD connector and cable the last time. LCD was lit, and was responding to touch, but showed no picture. As I looked in the LCD connector I saw 3 pins where bad.

12. LuigiTheHunter

Newcomer

Germany
    Sorry guys for the late reply. I actually thought I already answered but obviously I did not, sorry for that.

I thought that as well that's why I tested another display with more or less the same result.

Thanks yeah I overlooked the post. The LCD is responding to touches I tried that. My LCD is lit as well also responding to touches. Actually I think I also have one or maybe two bad pins but it is really really hard to see.

This is a photo of it:
    upload_2021-5-8_18-19-24.png

How did you @JimmyRecard manage to solve this problem? They are really really small :P

13. de9ed

de9ed GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    definitely have some issue with the LCD FPC connector. you could try with a thin/sharp straight tweezer to move it back in place under a microscope. If not you would have to replace the FPC connector.

14. LuigiTheHunter

Newcomer

Germany
    Thanks for the quick answer! I will try to see if someone I know has a microscope.

15. JimmyRecard

JimmyRecard Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    It‘s definitely broken. At least one pin. Since my skills for repairing this are very limited, I searched the web for people, who can repair it. Since you are from Deutschland, wie ich. ;) I can suggest you https://www.overnightrepair.de/
    I found him at ebay kleinanzeigen. I sent him the switch and the repair was done in one day.
    I also damaged the LCD connector cable, by trying to put it in the broken connector. The broken pins scratched on it and even after overnightrepair changed the LCD connector, nothing was shown on the display. Overnightrepair soldered the scratched pin on the cable too and it worked again. He also resoldered the trinket chip wires on the mainboard, secured the soldering points and soldered the two USB wires to the trinket.

You shouldn't try to fix it by yourself, by putting the pins back in position. I tried that too, but it didn't work. You risk more damage in my opinion .

Attached Files:

Last edited by JimmyRecard, May 9, 2021
  16. LA-

LA- Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I’m a bit slow, I got a unpatched switch so I don’t need to deal with the hassle but looking at it, it looks so much easier than I expected. Everytime I saw something like it I saw like 9-12 wires, didn’t know I just need to use like 5. What if I don’t want dual boot, and just want traditional RCM mode? Also, could you link the wires I need?

Last edited by LA-, May 10, 2021
  17. JimmyRecard

JimmyRecard Member
    Newcomer

Germany

I recommend, soldering Volume + strap, Joy Con strap, USB disconnect strap.
    3V, GND, USB D+ and D- are needed
    obviously.
    With all these wires soldered, you only have to press Power On and the payload.bin, from the root of the SD card, will be sent.

18. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    If you don't want straps you have to use autoRCM, for wiring you need 3V, Ground, D+, D-,

19. LA-

LA- Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Alright thanks, say I want to use a rcm loader. Would that work? Or is the payload launched through the trinket m0?

20. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    No, you need a SAMD21 microcontroller modchip, like Trinket M0, Rebug Switchme, RCM-X86 specified in the opening post, there is an uf2 format payload used on the chip allowing payload injection internally.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - ItsyBitsy, Internal, (Trinket