1. Daddy_Daycare

Daddy_Daycare Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey man. Sorry I didn't respond. I haven't been on the site since my last post. Pretty much gave up.
    It will charge but only in one direction. If that makes sense. Pins in the USB c port got damaged so now it only charges if you plug it one way not either way. So the port isn't bidirectional. Video out and the USB don't work either. That's why I was hoping this would work since I can't use my dongle or computer to boot into cfw.
    Is there a chip responsible for the USB data I could try and replace?

2. pure3d2

pure3d2 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I think either some traces going to the USB port on the motherboard got damaged during your Trinket install attempt or the port itself got damaged (less likely).

I also don't think a chip got damaged, otherwise your Switch won't even charge at all. At this point, I think you're better off having someone experienced with repairing Switches take a look.

3. vincentallen2

vincentallen2 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Update: the issue is fixed.

Hey everyone! I need a little assistance.
    So my RCM-X86 finally arrived in the mail yesterday, and I installed it as soon as could on my unpatched gen 1 switch.

After getting everything done and set up on the software side (UF2 files), I was successfully able to boot up SXOS like normal.

The issue is, when I tried to check for game updates on Tinfoil, I noticed the logs saying there was an internet connection. I also didn't see the new games category.

I checked my internet settings, and wifi connects successfully to both of my homes 2.4ghz and 5ghz, as well as my mobile Hotspot.

I went into the patched YouTube, and it wasn't able to connect either.

After this, I booted into sysnand and I had the exact same problem. I also noticed that both sysnand and Emunands clock times were incorrect.

These issues weren't present before I installed the chip. I went back in, resoldered my points, and checked the Wi-Fi antenna connections just to be sure, and I'm still having this issue.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?
    Or better yet, know what my step is to fix this issue?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note10+ using Tapatalk

Last edited by vincentallen2, Sep 2, 2020
  4. dekuleon

dekuleon GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Brazil
    @mattytrog Hey man... as you're the master of the Switch board, I came here humbly asking for your help.

I did a ReBug install but I forgot to remove the battery... and now the Switch doesn't talk with the PC or Dongle. I removed the Rebug and all the wires, I was doing the 5 Wire install.

The Switch in on AutoRCM but can't receive any payload, and the PC says it didn't recognize the USB thing plugged in.

A P13USB filter was open and my friend replaced it and it is still not working.

Any ideas? I came here asking for your help after trying, but now you're my hope.

Thanks in advance! :)

5. pure3d2

pure3d2 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Does the Switch still power on and do fast charging? It's possible you fried the charge controller chip and/or the video chip and maybe the ReBug as well.

6. dekuleon

Brazil
    The Rebug is removed.
    It charges, yes, but it's in RCM mode and won't receive the payload from the dongle or PC.

7. pure3d2

pure3d2 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    How do you know it's in RCM mode? It's not even being detected by the PC. Does it even turn on? If you're not getting 3V on the 3V point, then it's not on. Have you checked for shorts on capacitors near the charge controller or the video chip?

8. dekuleon

Brazil
    Because it was set to AutoRCM before.
    I know it's ON because the PC doesn't detect anything but when I press power it detects a Unknown device.

9. kristal1991

kristal1991 Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    is it possible to power up the rcm chip when pressing the power button of switch?

10. kristal1991

kristal1991 Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    if I connect volume up to gnd of the chip I can make it work only when I take volume up but if I connect in charge it always turns up the volume, it would be nice if the chip would power it only if it is pressed the power key of the switch

11. pure3d2

pure3d2 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    if I connect volume up to gnd of the chip I can make it work only when I take volume up but if I connect in charge it always turns up the volume, it would be nice if the chip would power it only if it is pressed the power key of the switch

What's the name of your chip? The way it's wired, it can only be powered up when the Switch is turned on. That's the whole point of the mod.

There isn't a way to power on the switch without also turning on the modchip.

Last edited by pure3d2, Sep 15, 2020
  12. kristal1991

kristal1991 Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    [QUOTE = "pure3d2, post: 9198703, member: 409733"] se collego il volume fino al gnd del chip posso farlo funzionare solo quando alzo il volume ma se mi collego in carica alza semper il volume, si sarebbe bello se il chip lo alimentasse solo se viene premuto il tasto di accensione dell'interruttore

Qual è il nome del tuo chip? Il modo in cui è cablato, può essere acceso solo quando lo Switch è acceso. Questo è il punto centrale del mod.

Non è possibile accendere senza attivare anche il modchip.
    chip rcmx86 amico mio del pulsante di accensione quale voltaggio è ?

Last edited by kristal1991, Sep 15, 2020
  13. NeoLTK

NeoLTK Member
    Newcomer

France
    Hi, everything has been going well for a long time with the assembly I have ( method 3)

Today my trinket no longer seems to detect the rcm mode and does not inject me with a payload

what is strange is that I can flash it without problem the trinket from the usb C and Joycon and volume strap work well too
    injection with tegrarcm also works.

After updating the triket flashes red at start-up then goes out

Do you have a clue as to which could cause this problem?

Update :

I tried to change the trinket and redo all the welding which was already good for me
    Knowing that I did it on several machines still functional

in short It didn't change anything, always the same bug

Could this come from the welding of the Vol + strap which will touch another component?

seeing that this welding is complicated I did it only on my machine and no other (the most complicated for me)

Last edited by NeoLTK, Sep 20, 2020
  14. White_Raven_X

White_Raven_X Hack everything, hack the world!

Canada
    Sounds to me like your battery or ground connection may not be fully connected/soldered. Give that a look and let us know.
    *edit*
    If you don't want to "Re-solder" then use your multimeter and "ring" out your connections and monitor your resistance between your soldered connections and the trinket

Last edited by White_Raven_X, Sep 23, 2020
    NeoLTK likes this.
  15. pure3d2

pure3d2 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Then either a trace, SMD or some other component got damaged.

White_Raven_X likes this.
  16. NeoLTK

NeoLTK Member
    Newcomer

France
    indeed a resistance problem in the cable could explain the strange behavior

And so an oxidation of the cables could explain the sudden change in the correct functioning of the trinket which will cause the increase in resistance

* Since the change of the trinket it works very very rarely and most of the time when the switch is cold ( off for a while, about 12 hours after a game session )

My switch is turning into freemium with a crappy payment system xD

Thank you for your answer I check this

Last edited by NeoLTK, Sep 26, 2020
  17. AlexisPR1

AlexisPR1 Newbie
    Newcomer

France
    Hello :) !

Just finished to install Trinket M0 in my Switch V1 with all straps except Vol+. Trinket was flashed with last Fuse_suite UF2s.

With Vol+ and Power, the Switch just boot in OFW. But, if i put a JIG, works well (like it may work ...).

Do you have some Idea ?
    Thanks a lot ! Alexis.

18. apomaresa

apomaresa Newbie
    Newcomer

Colombia
    Hello and greetings to all.

I come to thank you for such an excellent post, I have done it and everything worked correctly.

This was the configuration I used:

1 - Switch V1.
    2 - Trinket M0
    3 - Flash File Part2.
    4 - Solder 4 wires (3V, GND, Data +, Data-)

On the micro SD, I have Heckate as payload.bin and set autoCRM to not have to use JIG. Atmosphere running in its latest version.

Some recommendations for those who want to try this, it is patience, delicacy and A MAGNIFIER! The contacts are very small and if you are not careful you can damage them.

In my case, I did not remove the metal plate, nor did I remove the microusb port of the Trinket. I placed the trinket on the metal plate, separating it with electrical tape and used a male microusb jack to connect and disconnect the Trinket without so much effort.

These are some images of my first attempt...

Img 1.jpg Img 2.jpg

White_Raven_X likes this.
  19. White_Raven_X

White_Raven_X Hack everything, hack the world!

Canada
    Did you solve your problem? I just re-read your last message and I'm wondering if you always have the lights on your trinket when your switch is on? If so, that's a problem. You should only see the trinket lights on when your either injecting the switch manually or with the straps or if your plugged into your computer.
    Please clarify for me. Thanks

20. braised_beef

braised_beef Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    Awesome work!

Last edited by braised_beef, Oct 9, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - ItsyBitsy, Internal, (Trinket