1. Daddy_Daycare

Daddy_Daycare Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I haven't made it home yet but in thinking about things I wanted to make sure I programmed the gemma correctly.

I connected to the PC. Pressed reset 2 times and then copied part 1 of fusee.
    After it copied and the gemma rebooted I pressed reset 2 times and then copied part 2.

2. edwardsalazar97

edwardsalazar97 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Colombia
    I have no doubt about the gemma since you indicate the correct blinking of the led, that is showing that it is not injecting the payload of the chip, not even that of the sd but rather the chip itself, so I fear some failure in its connection data

3. Daddy_Daycare

Daddy_Daycare Member
    Newcomer

United States
    About as good a pic as I can get.
    It was really pretty when I first soldered it up but I've messed with it so much the pads are starting to come up.
    I'm about done with it honestly. I have no clue. I have tried the USB pads on both sides of the switch mobo with no luck. Currently have the connections going to the back.

Attached Files:

4. edwardsalazar97

edwardsalazar97 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Colombia
    What I see at the moment is that you do not have the USB data cables connected, I imagine that for the photo, another important point is that the cables you use are too long.

5. Daddy_Daycare

Daddy_Daycare Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks for your help. I think I'm just going to call it. I don't know if something got messed up when my son yanked the charging cord out but I have tried both sets of data points on the switch mobo. Front and back. I've also soldered and resoldered the points on the gemma and nothing changes.

6. pure3d2

pure3d2 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Does your Switch still work (charge from USB-C port with original charger)?

7. vincentallen2

vincentallen2 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    hey guys, I have a RCM-X86 coming in the mail, so i'm finally going to tackle this project.

I have a question about soldering straps to one of the alternate 3V pads next to the joycon pads. are we supposed to bridge the points together or just one of the points? this same question goes for the Joy-con pads too. The diagrams on the OP show just one of each pad circled, but I've seen pictures of people bridging the twom points together and then strapping that point. ive also seen pictures of the user just soldering one of the two pads on each of the points im referring too.

I'll attach pictures.

Attached Files:

8. pure3d2

pure3d2 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Probe the points with a multimeter. If you hear a beep, it means they're the same point, so they're already connected somehow.

9. vincentallen2

vincentallen2 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks! I was hoping that someone who has already soldered to these points or is knowledgeable would be able to give me a little advice, but I'll definitely probe them once my chip arrives if no one is able to help me before then.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

10. PizzaBitez

PizzaBitez Shadow Clone Justu.

United States
    Thanks for the tutorial!.

TomRannd likes this.
  11. Dolphin678

Dolphin678 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Okay so I've got a bit of trouble with my Trinket. I have Fusee Suite flashed to it, but while booting it up I guess I held down the vol + or something because now a red light blinks 9 times after the green light shows after injecting a seemingly nonexistent payload or failing to find RCM. Because of that, now it doesn't boot using the Trinket from RCM. I can still get to stock while booting the Switch normally. Would anyone happen to know how I can get this back to normal?

Last edited by Dolphin678, Jul 30, 2020
  12. Trixzy

Trixzy Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    anyone know why it says usb strap not detected, i’ve tried using both points on the motherboard to the trinket and got the same result for both

Attached Files:

13. Drallert

Drallert Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    Hey guys, I'm a bit lost with all this "modchip" stuff, I just want to know if following this procedure I will be able to load CFW on a Mariko Switch (with RCM exploit patched) so that I can load some homebrew (you know, save and theme managers and stuff like that).

Thank you very much in advance

14. Dolphin678

Dolphin678 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I do not believe that there is any Mariko support as of yet.

15. Sora Takihawa

Sora Takihawa GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    For mariko you need SX Core

16. Drallert

Drallert Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    Oh okay, thank you for the info. I guess I'll have to keep waiting. Just one more thing, is there any powerful reason to go through all this trouble (opening the console, soldering components, etc.) when it's only appliable to non-patched consoles? My point is, why would you want to do all of this if you can just boot into RCM via jig and load whichever CFW you want from there?

I don't intend to offend anyone, I just want to know the reason for all this setup; I've been doing some googling and haven't found a good reason, at least for me.

Again, tyvm in advance

17. Dolphin678

Dolphin678 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    It's mostly convenience, so you don't have to carry a jig and payload injector everywhere and so it's always right there. I've found mine to be quite useful, until it started acting up, and I don't quite know how to fix it besides replacing it. This also does allow booting whatever CFW you want with Fusee Suite, just as long as the payload is named payload.bin on the root of the SD card.

Last edited by Dolphin678, Aug 2, 2020
  18. Drallert

Drallert Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    Ah okay, okay, then it makes sense. It surely must be pretty annoying to carry everything, especially when you have that setup with the CFW emunand and the clean sysnand. Anyway, thanks for the clarification.

19. Dolphin678

Dolphin678 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    No problem! I've actually switched to just booting CFW on the sysNAND and I haven't been banned yet, as I don't install any NSPs. I mostly use it because of sys-tune overlay, but save editing Animal Crossing on occasion is also fun.

20. kermit84

kermit84 Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    Hi i have a question is these pink marked capacitor 2,2uf beginn 6,3v too ?

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - ItsyBitsy, Internal, (Trinket