1. Devo552

Devo552 Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    I am looking to get a chip. justt wanted to ask.
    would this one work?
    It’s 5v and 16mhz
    Or do I need the 3v one?

Attached Files:

Last edited by Devo552, Mar 2, 2020
  2. Devo552

Devo552 Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Or would this be a better one?

Attached Files:

3. pyorin

pyorin Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    this modchip method is only compatible with the Atmel SAMD21 microcontroller, and will only work with boards built around this chip. a number of common ones are listed in the opening post of the thread (trinket m0, rcm x86, etc).

Last edited by pyorin, Mar 2, 2020
  4. Devo552

Devo552 Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Alright. So it must have the atsamd21 chip.
    I am struggling to find one of the ones listed that wont take months to ship or cost too much.
    Whats your thoughts on this one?
    It is an ATSAMD21 Cortex m0.
    Only thing is it has a wireless card built-in.
    That shouldn't be a problem would it? I could possible remove the wireless board from the main samd21 board.

Attached Files:

5. pyorin

pyorin Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    you would need to remove the wireless card, battery connector, and USB connector in order to make it fit; the height of the board needs to be considered. if cost is more of an issue than time, I would simply order an rcm x86 from aliexpress, if no reasonable alternative can be found.

6. Devo552

Devo552 Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    I assumed the battery connector and usb port would need to be removed. I have a Switch Lite so I thought I would have to slim out the board as best as I can.
    Thank you for your assistance it is greatly appreciated.
    I really didnt want to buy something and then be stuck with a piece of hardware that wouldn't work,
    But as long as it can work, I can have fun figuring out the rest.

7. pyorin

pyorin Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    only original switch models manufactured before a certain date are vulnerable to the exploit this modchip solution uses; all switch lites have had this vulnerability patched and cannot be exploited. team xecuter purportedly has a solution in development for patched units, but information is thin on the ground. they should be sending units out to a small number of selected testers sometime in the coming weeks.

8. Devo552

Devo552 Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Well I had read this post in the thread Trinket] [Rebug] [Others] [Modchip Software] *NEW* Fusee_Suite UF2 packages
    over in the backup loaders and modchips discussion.
    And the last Q in the FAQs is in regards to the Switch Lite and patched devices.
    That was why I felt confident that it should work.
    If you have reason to think otherwise, I would be glad to hear.
    Any and all information is greatly appreciated and I am always ready learn
    :)

9. pyorin

pyorin Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    @mattytrog would be able to explain it better than I could, as he developed the software. if he truly had a solution for patched units/lites and was poised to beat xecuter to the punch, I'm sure we would have heard about it in earnest by now :P

10. Devo552

Devo552 Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Well I have gone over to the TX Support Chat site. And have gone through all the pasts posts they have.
    From what I can tell, and this is just my thoughts, it seems that they are working on something that is very similar to this internal modchip. From what I had read, they are planning on releasing some sort of hard/soft mod that does not involve soldering the chip in. It does look as if it will be installed inside the nintendo switch, just kinda hooks/clips/plugs in without actually being soldered down.
    Here is the clip that they had released in the annoucements section of their support chat site.

And this is another video I happened to find where buddy goes into a bit more detail regarding what has been released or "leaked"

11. mattytrog

OP mattytrog You don`t want to listen to anything I say.

United Kingdom
    I have tried various methods of getting the patched consoles working, using, as daft as it sounds, unpatched one. The basic approach involves sending signals over GPIO to cause a "glitch".

It is ALL THEORY at the moment, very crude, also i do not and have never had a patched or Mariko that I could experiment on. They normally get sent straight back.

I'm a mere humble peasant, so buying a console just for this isn't an option. I have better things to spend my money on. Like bills.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

And you have flashed both parts from fusee suite op?

Part one needs upgrading too. Any chance of putting a vid up and a pic of your install?

Also, which gnd connection are you using? This is important. Poor gnd connection can cause all your problems too. Forgot to mention that.

Last edited by mattytrog, Mar 2, 2020
    gamesquest1 likes this.
  12. Dolphin678

Dolphin678 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    So I just got that flux, and the two large capacitors look like they each have one end wrong. Basically, it isn't silver colored like the other end. Is this normal? I also used a multimeter and those two are the ones that don't work; the readings fluctuate on both sides.
    Edit: grammar, also @pyorin if you wouldn't happen to be busy, I'd appreciate your help here since you were a huge help before.

Attached Files:

Last edited by Dolphin678, Mar 6, 2020
  13. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

sorry for the late reply, I ended up just settling for leaving it as it was (friend really wanted it back for his kid and said he doesn't really use the USB port for anything, along as it charged and worked on the dock he was fine with it), I did solder a second ground wire just to rule out it being the grounding issue and it still persisted, I did indeed refresh both parts of the fusee suite, idk, not too big of an issue, I will see about getting another trinket m0 for doing my own system and see if I can figure it out then :P

14. Dolphin678

Dolphin678 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Well just an update, the capacitors were loose so I went ahead and took them off, which may have been a stupid decision. However, I found that the two joints are bridged. I have no idea how to remove the solder, as these points are so small and close to each other.

EDIT: Joints unbridged, top capacitor in place, readings are 1 on top and on the bottom is the same reading as the other capacitors. Now all that's left is the smaller capacitor and to test it

15. Dolphin678

Dolphin678 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    So the 3V capacitor may have flown off when I was attempting to solder it back into place. Where can I get a replacement?
    EDIT: Found it, sorry
    EDIT 2: Wait, the one I found is 6.3V exactly. Does it have to be over this or will it work?

16. pyorin

pyorin Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
  17. Dolphin678

Dolphin678 Member
    Newcomer

United States
  18. Dolphin678

Dolphin678 Member
    Newcomer

United States
  19. pyorin

pyorin Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
  20. Dolphin678

Dolphin678 Member
    Newcomer

United States
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - ItsyBitsy, Internal, (Trinket