1. Ali90

Ali90 Newbie
    Newcomer

Oman
    Hi guys. Noob question
    Regarding the dreaded v3 soldering point on that dot called a capacitor.
    During my research I came to the conclusion that this 2 adjacent edges of the 2 capacitors provide 3v. So if I bridged them by mistake (highly likely) will it cause any permanent damage (point A and B in the first pic).
    I stumbled upon another illustration diagram with an alternative v3 point (2nd pic) which looks more doable to me. Is it advisable to use it.
    My trinket is straped at 5 point( D+,D-, GND, usb disconnect, joy on start) ready for the final (v3 strap). My battery is disconnected as advised.
    You guidance is highly appreciated. I don’t wanna f**k this up.
    Thanks.

Attached Files:

Last edited by Ali90, Feb 15, 2020
  2. Romain80200

Romain80200 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

France
    You can also use the 3v point on the nand board, so much easy to solder.

Ali90 likes this.
  3. Ali90

Ali90 Newbie
    Newcomer

Oman
    hi everyone,
    need some advise from the pros.
    after researching and going through a lot of posts and tutorials on how to install and flash the trinket m0 chip, I finally got brave and dove head first in to my switch guts.
    Every thing went well (joycon, gnd, D-, D+, usb disconnect). But that damn v3.3 cap got me so nervous I started sweating. Tried it 3 time and each time it get bridged with the adjacent cap. So I cleaned it off and went for another point recommended in a post I previously saw (2 tiny caps, resistors or fuses....am not sure) but I managed to royally f**k both of them. Yep....I lifted both of them.
    Good news everything is working well. My question is:
    What is the significance of those being missing?
    Can I use my switch like this or I have to replace them?
    And if so, what are those so I can order them?
    Thanks guys

Attached Files:

Last edited by Ali90, Feb 16, 2020
  4. coldfire47

coldfire47 Newbie
    Newcomer

France
    Hi there,
    I have some questions:
    Is this trinket m0 based hack is also compatible with the Switch Lite (HDH-CPU-02) ?
    If it's the case, please tell me where to solder the wires.
    TIA

Attached Files:

5. Ali90

Ali90 Newbie
    Newcomer

Oman
    Both switch lite and switch mariko(new version of old switch which comes in a red box) are unhackable at the moment, but team xecuter are working on a solution which will be released this year.
    Visit team xecuter website for more details.

coldfire47 likes this.
  6. pyorin

pyorin Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    here's a new one guys: I was able to fit an LED next to the ambient light sensor, which means that my rear-board "stealth" installs can now implement the status LED of the modchip by using the light sensor's viewport :D (please forgive the state of the board and console though; these are junk/test parts)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

metaljay and pure3d2 like this.
  7. metaljay

metaljay GBAtemp Fan

that's incredible!

8. DerEineee

DerEineee GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    When I was in OFW I accidentally pressed the reset button on my installed trinket m0. This caused my switch to freeze. Shortly after this I was banned. I believe I got banned because of this. How can I avoid this happening again on another switch?

Thanks in advance

9. pyorin

pyorin Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    redid my personal switch's install with my new LED option :) made a little video to show it off as well :P

MassStash likes this.
  10. Dolphin678

Dolphin678 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I just installed the Trinket M0 with all straps except the volume one and I have a few problems:
    1) The right Joy-Con won't register as being attached to the console. Is this normal?
    2) The Switch will turn on normally, but after a few seconds, will go from an almost full charge to shutting off because of battery. Is this fixable via Hekate battery sync or is it an issue with my soldering?

I've uploaded a picture, I can take off the ribbon cables near the Joy-Con strap if I need to for a picture, they're just a pain to put back in.

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

11. SwitchM0

SwitchM0 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey guys, i'm new and just start posting a noob question i guess :)

I've got my Trinket M0 and got Fusee-Suite on it but got confused on a (or two) soldiering point(s). In the Trinket M0 picture in the first posting, there are the Joincon Strap points, side by side in the orange marking. Does that mean i have to connect them both to the cable/Trinket or just one of them?

Thanks!

12. Dolphin678

Dolphin678 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    You solder to both of them, since they are both highlighted. As a warning, the alt 3V point near there is difficult to solder to. I'd go for the normal 3V point.

13. pyorin

pyorin Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    you have the ribbon cable inserted upside-down; the contacts are meant to be on the underside. look at the connector for the left joy-con ;)

these are two pads on the same line, so you can solder to either, but it is easiest to solder to both.

Dolphin678 likes this.
  14. Dolphin678

Dolphin678 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Ah, thank you. I'm dumb. Do you have any advice for the battery thing?

15. pyorin

pyorin Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    looking at that area, I did see two other issues; you have the 3V line attached to the bottom of the upper capacitor, but it should be attached to the top of the lower capacitor. also, it seems the battery pad on the trinket is grounded, might be worth cleaning up as well.

Dolphin678 likes this.
  16. Dolphin678

Dolphin678 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thank you very much! I'll try those out.

17. Dolphin678

Dolphin678 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Do you think you could tell me where the 3.3V connection is under the NAND board please? I'm getting too nervous about bridging the two capacitors near the normal 3V point.

18. pyorin

pyorin Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    [​IMG]

this image is near the bottom of the gargantuan first post of the thread, so I don't blame you for missing it :P however, you can also use an alternate point on the rear of the board if you like; I made a graphic for the main test points a few pages back. for 3.3 specifically, the highlighted test point and the ends of the two big capacitors above it are on the same plane, so you can solder to those capacitors to make things easier.

[​IMG]

also, @mattytrog, would it be possible to put this image in the alternative solder points section of the original post? there's a similar image there, but it illustrates voltage points and not specifically the points used for trinket installation.

Dolphin678 likes this.
  19. mattytrog

OP mattytrog You don`t want to listen to anything I say.

United Kingdom
    Yeah sure. Might go for a full cleanup of OP actually.

Dolphin678 and pyorin like this.
  20. Dolphin678

Dolphin678 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thank You so very much! Greatly appreciated!

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - ItsyBitsy, Internal, (Trinket